In a surprise move, Roxio declares the iPod “Gadget of the Year”
In a surprise move Friday, Roxio declared that Apple’s iPod is Roxio’s “Gadget of the Year” for 2003. The declaration was seen as a stunning blow to Roxio’s Napster download service and Napster-branded mp3 player, which has served as one of the iPod’s primary competitors up until this point. In an exclusive interview with billpalmer.net, Roxio CEO Chris Gorog was candid in his company’s reasons for endorsing the iPod over its own product: “You gotta admit, the iPod is just better than our crap. I tried using a Napster mp3 player and after four days i gave it to my nephew and bought a 40 GB iPod…
Editor’s note: This news item is pure satire (fake) just in case some of you are confused.
- iPad 2 announcement spurs host of parody videos
- iPod silhouette guy dances at Apple Store
- iPod turning Japanese, inspiring knock-off tissue ads
- Apple updates support article confirming Apple Watch tattoo issue
- Apple reportedly hires four more producers from BBC Radio 1
- Limited Apple Watch supplies due to faulty taptic engine?
- Twitter CEO hints at larger Spotlight integration
- Problem with iPad app grounds American Airlines flights
- Apple rejects Apple Watch apps that just tell time, requires independent approval for certain health apps
- Users with arm tattoos report problems with Apple Watch sensors
- China outpaces U.S. in iPhone sales for first time
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2015 earnings call
- Apple Q2 2015: Record $58B revenue, 61.1M iPhones, 12.6M iPads
- Skech SkechBook for iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?