Incase debuts first case for new iPod | iLounge News

Incase debuts first case for new iPod

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Monday, October 17, 2005
News Categories: iPod Accessories

imageIncase has introduced its first case for Apple’s new fifth-generation iPod. The Incase Pouch, designed to fit the new 30GB iPod model, features a durable synthetic fiber exterior and soft suede interior. The case has expandable elastic sides and a belt clip, and will come in black, olive and chocolate (shown). Incase said the Pouch for 5G iPods will retail for $19.95, and will be available from the online Apple Store and Apple retail stores by the end of the month.

« Eminem iPod + iTunes commercial returns

Mix: iPod video, Hollywood, Motorola V3X, Jobs successor »

Comments

Looks just like the first Apple case.  I really liked that case, but then it started getting old having to always take it out and mess with the scroll wheel.  Waiting for Contour Design to do a SHOWCASE for the 5G.

Posted by eric Hofstetter on October 17, 2005 at 1:24 PM (PDT)

So, since Apple got rid of the remote port on the top of the new 5G’s and all the accessories (itrp, italk, etc) now have to plug into the bottom, you would have to stick your ipod in this case upside down, correct? I still think getting rid of the top mounted remote port was a bad idea…

Posted by mjd1969 on October 17, 2005 at 1:44 PM (PDT)

IMO, this case design is simple and works well. I had one very much like it for my iPod mini. It’s not for someone who never wants to take their iPod out of its case, but for those of use who have in-car mounts, etc., this is a great design. Also, the incase products I’ve had in the past have always been very high quality and nicely constructed. I’ll definitely be on the look-out for this one…

Posted by bipto in Minneapolis, MN on October 17, 2005 at 3:35 PM (PDT)

yeah if they’re going to put out pouches for the 5Gs then they should put a dock connector outlet at the bottom for accessories instead of keeping it upside down.  personally i am going to wait for the 5G Folio case. i have it for my 4G and it the best case ever. keeps the iPod in pristine condition inside. i barely ever take it out. and the best part is that it is incredibly easy to use.

Posted by scott on October 17, 2005 at 4:27 PM (PDT)

Yep, I’ll miss the top port.  I was gonna buy that top mounted controls thing for my next iPod.  Guess not.

Posted by Gordy. in Atlanta, GA on October 18, 2005 at 6:17 AM (PDT)

Anyone see this on their website?  I can’t find it.

Posted by m.sherman on October 18, 2005 at 7:07 AM (PDT)

“Anyone see this on their website?  I can’t find it.”

You have to got to the news section and there is a downlaodable pdf for it.

Posted by dan on November 7, 2005 at 5:44 PM (PDT)

i just bought the leather sleeve case, better than the pouch. you never have to take out the ipod from the case

Posted by jojo on November 28, 2005 at 11:26 PM (PDT)