Incase Designs announces the Incase Charger | iLounge News

Incase Designs announces the Incase Charger

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Tuesday, September 28, 2004
News Categories: iPod Accessories

picIncase Designs has announced the Incase Charger for all iPods (with dock connector) and iPod mini. The charger is designed to work in a car or as a wall adapter via the flip-up, two prong, connector. “With charging capability in standby or play mode, a smooth gray rubber exterior and audio plug-in for FM and tape transmission, the Incase Charger is the completely functional and stylish way to charge up an iPod or iPod mini.” The Incase Charger retails for $49.95 and will be available the first week of November exclusively from Apple as well as the Incase webstore.

« iTunes planned for EU expansion in October

BTI developing iPod Auto/Air Power Adapter, more »

Comments

How does the lineout work with the itrip?

Posted by rob on September 29, 2004 at 5:39 AM (PDT)

Once again, nice product, but overpriced. I know apple has a nice niche market, but just because the iPod is overpriced doesnt mean that every single accessory has to be. I am so sick of this price gauging. iPod accessories must be sold in a similar vein as crude oil, because we get raped on a regular basis.

Posted by Lupin III on September 29, 2004 at 5:58 AM (PDT)

I apologize in advance. I meant “price gouging”. I know sooner or later someone would correct me. So I’m sorry for my error.

Posted by Lupin III on September 29, 2004 at 6:04 AM (PDT)

I’m with you Lupin on the gouging from Apple/others… except in this case it’s not too far out of line given that it is both a car AND home power source…

That being said, I’d prefer to have individual adapters and leave the car one IN the car grin

Posted by TimC on September 29, 2004 at 7:21 AM (PDT)

Very true Lupin.

$50 for a charger is significantly overpriced. I’m surprized more companies aren’t out there making generic products. I bet the production cost of the charger is less than a dollar.

Posted by Sam on September 29, 2004 at 7:22 AM (PDT)

What a bunch of whiners.  $50 for a product that charges on a plane, a car and at home?!?  One prduct for all of that and it’s too much?!?  It looks cool too.  Some people are just happier complaining.

Posted by Scooter on September 29, 2004 at 9:45 AM (PDT)

“Once again, nice product, but overpriced.”

Apple AC adapter for iPod: $50
Car adapter: ~$20
Line-out adapter: $20

The Incase product looks like a pretty good deal to me.

Posted by audio geek on September 29, 2004 at 12:58 PM (PDT)

Any larger pics of this? Nothing new on the mfg. site yet…

Posted by Mongrel on September 29, 2004 at 1:06 PM (PDT)

haha, thats the dumbest marketing statement eveh:
“the Incase Charger is the completely functional and stylish way to charge up an iPod”

Stupid idiots

Posted by YourMom on September 30, 2004 at 7:37 AM (PDT)

If you guys are travelers…this would be a perfect tool.  Airlines has DC outlets on every seat.  Since people seem to have battery issues, this should help them when they travel, and they don’t have to separately carry an AC adapter with them as well…I think it’s a great product and worth the money.

Posted by Asian_N02 in Delaware on September 30, 2004 at 5:51 PM (PDT)

Overall, I’m very satisfied with the Incase charger, although I agree that it is a bit overpriced. Also, the connector portion is a bit on the bigger size, which may be an issue if you have to plug it into a power strip.

I was looking for a charger that I could use both in the car and at work and the Incase charger was a good solution. I would definitely recommend it to anyone willing to pay $50+ for a 2 in 1 solution.

Posted by duckfat808 on November 29, 2004 at 9:57 AM (PDT)