Incase designs iPod cases for John Mayer | iLounge News

Incase designs iPod cases for John Mayer

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Tuesday, July 20, 2004
News Categories: iPod Accessories

picIncase has informed us that they recently designed iPod and iPod mini cases for musician John Mayer. The first known musician inspired iPod cases are for sale on location throughout John Mayer’s Summer Tour. The $25 leather sleeve case comes in two-tone colors with John Mayer’s embossed signature and silhouette of himself on the front. A drawstring bag and metal guitar pick with John Mayer’s embossed signature and silhouette is included.

pic

pic

« Apple: 4G iPods shipping online, perhaps at retail

New AUX-POD auto integration kit released »

Comments

I hate John Mayer but he is and has been a big supporter of the iPod.  Does anyone ever buy these celebrity iPods and/or accessories?  Did anyone ever buy the Beck or Madonna iPod?

Posted by Tchocky on July 20, 2004 at 8:19 AM (PDT)

Why do you hate John Mayer?
He’s a really good guitar player and I love both cd’s he made..

Wouldn’t buy a celeb accessory though.. Not John Mayer’s, Madonna’s or Michael Jackson (well… mayb MJ’s raspberry)

Posted by lopoz on July 20, 2004 at 8:35 AM (PDT)

I normally wouldn’t buy something like this even if I’m a John Mayer fan, but these leather ones look nice and are designed well and aren’t too much cash. I paid more for the current holder I use and it’s not nearly so fancy. Alas, I don’t have tickets to any tours this summer to pick one up. Bleah.

Posted by Jennifer on July 20, 2004 at 10:56 AM (PDT)

What would be really cool is if they honored the spirit of rock n roll with cases from janis, jimi, beatles, stones, etc…  maybe even a kiss one in the shape of a big tongue… get creative!

Posted by Ian on July 20, 2004 at 11:22 AM (PDT)

I think these actually look pretty decent.

Posted by porterdsgn in Indianapolis, IN on July 20, 2004 at 12:32 PM (PDT)

The black leather one is cool. hmph if only I like John Mayer more.  I wish there was an Incubus case that would be sweet.

Mike

Posted by Mike on July 20, 2004 at 1:38 PM (PDT)

John Mayer is so hot, and he loves his ipods….

I think it warrants buying the case, and loading your ipod with all his songs….

Posted by eggrollstan on July 21, 2004 at 1:10 PM (PDT)

I think John Mayer’s great, one of the best guitarists currently able to hold a guitar (and that’s a lot of guitarists).

Shame these cases aren’t available to buy anywhere other than JM gigs (well, except Ebay, but the Buy It Now prices are around $60! Yikes! I don’t want to consider the reserve prices).

Posted by Zac on July 21, 2004 at 4:08 PM (PDT)

I have a question.  Are there all 4 colors for both the iPod and iPod mini?  Or is it just 2 for the iPod and 2 for the mini?

Posted by stuckeybowl on July 26, 2004 at 10:53 PM (PDT)

can you idiots ever post ALL the cases for the original ipod cases on one page, and then ALL the cases for the ipod mini? Insted I just bought an ipod, and its crazy because I’ve spend 3 hours looking, and nothing has come up for what I want.

Posted by Harold on August 2, 2004 at 3:29 PM (PDT)

I picked one up at his show in Indianapolis, but didn’t realize that they came in different colors until I got home. Since purchasing one, I have heard that all colors shown are available in both new generation Ipod & mini sizes. The guy behind the counter at the merchandise booth only showed me one, so I assumed that was the only style they had. It’s the grey & tan one in the pic. Very well made and the silver guitar pick is pretty cool too. One thing they don’t show in the pic is the handy drawstring bag which is great for keeping the cords/headphones and Ipod in. It was $25 and well worth every penny, especially for someone who is a Mayer fan!

Posted by Heather on August 3, 2004 at 8:46 PM (PDT)

Hey eggrollstan they sell them on his site at johnmayer.com 25$ for the case.

Posted by Lee on August 13, 2004 at 12:21 AM (PDT)

i think that ipod cases look great but i tried to buy them on his site. and the case for the ipod comes only in grey and blue but caese for ipod mni come in all colours.

Posted by diane on August 29, 2004 at 3:31 AM (PDT)