Incase rolls out three new iPod nano cases | iLounge News

Incase rolls out three new iPod nano cases

image

image

image

Incase has announced three new cases for the iPod nano, including two leather cases and a neoprene sleeve. The company told iLounge that all of the cases will be in Apple retail stores by early to mid-October.

imageWallet for iPod nano
The Incase nano Wallet is available in black or pink leather with gray suede lining, and features a screen protector and cord wrap-around function. The case has a single fold and opens up like a book. It will sell for $19.95.

imageNeoprene Sleeve for iPod nano
The Neoprene Sleeve is similar to the company’s Sports Case for the nano, but features a belt clip in place of a hand strap and armband. Available in black for $19.95, the case offers a velcro closure, screen protector and click wheel cover with play-through access.

imageLeather Folio for iPod nano
Incase’s new Leather Folio features a flip-down design with an over-the-top button closure, suede lining, belt clip and screen protector. The leather case will be available only in black for $24.95.

Comments

These look like nice cases and the price is right. I’m going to wait for those to hit the stores before replacing my $2 silicon skin from Hong Kong.

My wife and I each have in Incase for our 15 GB 3 G and we like them a lot.

Posted by pcouture on September 28, 2005 at 6:07 PM (CDT)

What makes the wallet for iPod nano great is that you no longer have to waste a mugger’s time: iPod, credit cards, cash all in one place.  One-stop-mugging!, a great time saver!

Posted by Christof on September 28, 2005 at 6:31 PM (CDT)

Hi there i just purchased an ipod nano and i wanted to know exactly how soon you expect to bring the neoprene case out. I am in B.C. so i am curious how much it would cost canadian and how much it would be to order. Please email me back. Thank you and have a great day.

Posted by Ty Kurucz on September 28, 2005 at 8:06 PM (CDT)

how did you get where did you get silicon skin for $2

Posted by Shrey on September 28, 2005 at 8:19 PM (CDT)

I think these, as well as most other cases for the nano so far, look like crap. I hate the fact that the stitching is a different color than the fabric. It creates a really amateurish look. The pink one looks the best, as the stitching doesn’t stand out. But, being a guy, a pink one is not for me. The hunt goes on.

Posted by Butch Hauke on September 28, 2005 at 9:37 PM (CDT)

I disagree. The high contrast stitching is very cool.

Posted by neonano on September 29, 2005 at 12:42 AM (CDT)

If you’re interested in those silicon skins, here’s a link which takes you to an eBay search I just did for you:

I’m not affilitated in any way with the vendor. I don’t even know whether these will be good or bad. If they are, all the better. If not… well, they’re cheap.

Posted by pcouture on September 29, 2005 at 2:26 AM (CDT)

I agree with neonano, I think they look pretty slick. Less breakage of screens maybe?

Posted by coco2 on September 29, 2005 at 4:27 AM (CDT)

I LOVE my incase neoprene case for my 4G ... it really is slick and tough as nails ... I would purchase this in a heart beat ... I’d just have to make the tough decision as to which one to get.

Posted by mdscriber3 on September 29, 2005 at 10:55 AM (CDT)

Butch Hauke:

How about this one?

Takes care of the stitching issue for ‘ya.

Posted by pcouture on September 29, 2005 at 11:12 AM (CDT)

I like the incase wallet… just an anticlimatic comment… i have made a nice transparent skin for both my 60G iPod and my 4G black nano… i used transparent static cling vinyl for both… so far the result has been very good and i have no scratch on both of my iPods… took some extra time to custom-made the skin but it is very economical and functional. The skin does not affect the stylistics of iPod at all.

Posted by floridante2k on September 29, 2005 at 7:40 PM (CDT)

I NEED A CASE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE TO PROTECT MY IPOD NANO…

Posted by MOSHIUR RAHMAN on October 1, 2005 at 1:53 PM (CDT)

Question on the Incase Neoprene Sleeve… Is the belt clip on the back of it removeable? Or is it permanently attached?

Posted by david on October 2, 2005 at 2:01 PM (CDT)

hey, pcouture, the difusi case advertises easy access to all ports, but look at the picture on their site. Can you see the headphone jack?

Posted by eric on October 2, 2005 at 8:25 PM (CDT)

There are also nice leather sleeves found on amazon.com

Posted by Ketcha on October 5, 2005 at 12:37 PM (CDT)

Yeah, that’s what I was wondering. Is the belt clip on the neoprene removeable?
Thanks!

Posted by jacqueline on October 11, 2005 at 10:05 PM (CDT)

The beltclip is NOT removable, and it also doesn’t swivel.

Posted by Bratan on October 24, 2005 at 11:43 AM (CDT)

I was just wondering, how much is this black case?????
THANKS

Posted by Gagan Sanghera on December 29, 2005 at 6:07 PM (CST)

I love the incase wallet for my Ipod Nano.its great holds it good and is an excellent choice.

Posted by MoustachioMaster on January 6, 2006 at 10:43 PM (CST)

I have the leather folio in white (it is available in white, not only in black), and it’s great, but my only complaint about it is that the hold button hole is slightly misplaced and deep, making me have to take my nano out of the case to put it on hold.

Posted by kate on January 22, 2006 at 8:34 PM (CST)

iLounge is © 2001 - 2019 iLounge, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy