Incase shows off upcoming iPod cases | iLounge News

Incase shows off upcoming iPod cases

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Friday, February 25, 2005
News Categories: iPod Accessories

picIncase has provided iLounge with an exclusive first look at three upcoming lines of leather iPod cases that sport very stylish designs. These include: the Dinopod, Argyle, and Crest cases.

“These products are focused in a different direction than the line we currently have in Apple Stores,” Incase’s Scotty Crowe told iLounge. “We’re developing a more fashion-forward collection and creating a lifestyle based around the user of the iPod. That said, we’re limiting the availability of most of the products to select retailers in select markets in order to maintain the integrity of this new collection.”

The Dinopod cases are built with high-quality leather and come in yellow, green, red, and blue with embossed silhouettes of four common dinosaurs and their names—Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus Rex, Stegosaurus, and Triceratops. The cases hold full-size iPods and offer wrap-around protection and feature a leather-wrapped belt clip.

Made of the same high-grade leather, the fashionable Argyle cases come in green with blue pattern, gray with red pattern, and brown with pink pattern. They also offer all-around protection, leather clad belt clip, and accommodate full-size iPods. The argyle design is made up of a combination of embossed colors and actual stitching.

The Crest line will consist of a white zippered clutch-like wallet and two smaller wallets—one green leather and one black striped denim. All three have embossed crest designs. The white Crest case holds full-size iPods and features a clear screen protector, a pouch for earbuds or other small accessories, and slots for credit cards. The smaller wallets have a flexible silicone strap, hold full-size iPods, and feature a clear screen covering, earphone holder, and a clear pocket to hold various thin items.

Incase said readers can contact them for futher information at dinopods@goincase.com.

Click “Read more” for large photos of all the new Incase products.

« Mix: Odeo, Forrester, FireWire, Star Wars

Onkyo announces remote interactive dock for iPod »

Comments

Dinosaurs
Argile
Caddilacs
SCORE!!!!!

These are odd choices for iPod cases, yet still pretty cool.

Posted by SlowBye in Massachusetts (US) on February 25, 2005 at 12:30 PM (PDT)

There are some FRESH looks! I like the style they’re headed.. ‘cept the dinasours are kinda funny..

Posted by Kloan in Toronto, ON on February 25, 2005 at 2:13 PM (PDT)

Dinosaurs rule! My U2 iPod will rock even more with a T-Rex protecting its scratchy-black exterior.

Posted by techmonk in California USA on February 25, 2005 at 3:52 PM (PDT)

The dinosaur covers are modeled off of the t-shirts that, like the one I had, back in the 80’s. Hope they make them for the mini. Nice, Incase.

Posted by powerbook17 on February 25, 2005 at 4:01 PM (PDT)

I like my tough skin from speck. Makes the Ipod a little more bulky but its worth it.

Posted by Goodlovin in chicago on February 25, 2005 at 4:15 PM (PDT)

toughskins?  those the ones that look like erasers?

I have one of the 0.7mm #### cases.  it doesn’t absorb much shock, but my iPod hasn’t ever been dropped, and I’m mainly interested in keeping off light scratches and whatnot.  it works great for that.

Posted by dethbrakr in Tacoma, WA on February 25, 2005 at 4:20 PM (PDT)

when will they release these and where can i get one? the apple store?

Posted by Big Steve in San Diego on February 25, 2005 at 4:49 PM (PDT)

dinosaurs are hot. so hot. argyle is hot too.

i want one of each!

Posted by trav in north america on February 25, 2005 at 5:10 PM (PDT)

Sorry - but I think these look cheap. If you came across them in H&M and the were going for a fiver, they’d constitute a thrilling discovery. Dinosaurs are a kid thing, argyle is over, and the crest makes no sense coming from a non-lux label. Not for fashionistas.

Posted by Josie in UK on February 26, 2005 at 2:33 AM (PDT)

thank god fashinstas only make up like 1% of the world.

dinosaurs are hot. they could bite your head off.

and argyle is always in if you know how to rock it. a real fashionista would know that!

Posted by trav in north america on February 26, 2005 at 3:38 AM (PDT)

I really dig the argyle (reminds me of the socks I had in the late 70s/early 80s that I wore with my cordouroy knickers and penny loafers ... lol) but I think I’m one of the minute few who doesn’t like the dinosaurs.  My 6 year old daughter would really like one, though!  Pam smile

Posted by Pam M. in So. California on February 26, 2005 at 9:24 AM (PDT)

let me guess… not available for 3G iPods.

Posted by raekwon on February 26, 2005 at 9:58 AM (PDT)

Yuck.  The dinosaur designs look like the crappy merch found in museum shops or the Discovery channel store.  The argyle look is ok, but tired, and the phony crests are just cheap looking.  If Incase wants to do something “fashion forward”, maybe they should hire a couple of decent designers.

Posted by Scientist on February 26, 2005 at 8:37 PM (PDT)

looks like those guys have been busy: http://www.dinopods.com

Posted by Ike Von Pod on February 27, 2005 at 6:22 PM (PDT)

So these are in-store only items?  I want one for my mini!

Posted by stevek in Northern Virginia, USA on March 1, 2005 at 4:10 AM (PDT)