Incase unveils new 5G leather and neoprene cases, nano neoprene colors | iLounge News

Incase unveils new 5G leather and neoprene cases, nano neoprene colors

image
image
image
image

imageIncase today announced a series of four new iPod 5G and nano cases, continuing with designs that have previously proved popular. The company’s new Leather Folio 5G ($35) inverts the traditional PDA-style case with a front lid that opens fron the bottom, sealing closed at the iPod’s top with a Velcro flap. A flat belt clip on the case enables users to open the case upside-down on their belts for easy screen and Click Wheel access. Premiering in black, the case is planned for December Apple Store availability.

The company’s separate Leather Sleeve ($30) surrounds the 5G iPod in stitched black leather, yet uses mostly clear guards that both reveal and protect its screen and Click Wheel - the Click Wheel guard offers unique edge and center button detail. A flap on the top seals closed with Velcro, while a flat belt clip on back permits easy belt mounting. Leather Sleeve will be available in December.

Incase has also unveiled three colors of Neoprene Sleeves for 5G iPod ($25), which like the company’s earlier Sleeve for iPod nano (iLounge rating: A-) use impressive plastic accents on their fronts and backs, plus clear screen and Click Wheel protectors. The same unique edge and center button details from the Leather Sleeve are included on the Neoprene version, and a flap closes at the case’s top. Black, blue, and pink versions will be available in December. Finally, the company will release new pink and blue versions of its iPod nano Neoprene Sleeve ($20) to match all of the 5G version’s colors.

« Apple disputes EMI’s iPod compatibility claims

Mix: Mossberg’s picks, Madonna mix, iPod shrine, Premier patents »

Comments

I’ve been anxiously awaiting Incase’s cases for the 5G.  I loved my neoprene sleeve for my 4G.  I’ll definitely pick up the black neoprene sleeve for my 5G.

Pam :)

Posted by Pam on November 17, 2005 at 11:58 PM (CST)

They are nice but I don’t like the belt clip, it’s too big because of that :(

It should have been better with a removable one.

Posted by Steph on November 18, 2005 at 8:43 AM (CST)

Those removable belt clips make cases even thicker I think… they always have that plate inside the case that the clip has to attach to.

Posted by WldBluYonder21 on November 18, 2005 at 9:46 AM (CST)

me likey. i’m still waiting for the other cases i’ve ordered (zcover and speck skintight). argh…

Posted by _nova_ on November 18, 2005 at 10:26 AM (CST)

Please any company listen to us. We want the above with out the belt clip.

Give us the choice

Posted by jason on November 18, 2005 at 11:21 AM (CST)

oh crap! ive waited weeks and weeks for the Incase Leather Folio 5G…and they go and make it velcro. Ew! Im keeping the Incase Leather Folio 4G and using that for now.

Posted by nathan on November 18, 2005 at 12:02 PM (CST)

I really want what they announced a couple weeks ago for the 30gig 5th-gen… just a simple slip case with belt clip.  I don’t need all these velcro flaps!  They just add bulk.  Bummer.

Posted by m.sherman on November 18, 2005 at 12:15 PM (CST)

The belt clip is pretty low profile, although you’re right ... removable would be nice ... I don’t like how they are using Velcro for the Folio!  Yuck ... magnet is much sleeker.  I still like the regular neoprene classic style better anyway ... I just use it when I need to clip it to myself ... Otherwise, I use the iPod nekkid.  Pam :)

Posted by Pam on November 18, 2005 at 1:02 PM (CST)

On a side note.. Incase have one of the worst Flash sites I have ever seen. I hope they put more thought into their cases than they do into their silly site.

Posted by snoogly on November 19, 2005 at 6:55 PM (CST)

^^ I agree. Taht site was annoying & confusing. All I saw was some ghetto fab cases w/ strange designs on them. I didn’t see any of the cases iLounge has.

Posted by I Luv My Pod on November 20, 2005 at 3:36 AM (CST)

I just got one of the Neoprene Sleeve’s for my 30gb 5g and all i can say is Awesome. It was worth the wait. Incase really do make the best cases around. This one is great A+ would be my rating.

Posted by Ryan on November 25, 2005 at 8:22 PM (CST)

I would rather have a slightly thicker case because of a permanent belt buckle that the typically weak ones that are include with most cases. A clip shouldn’t crack because it is bumped! My $400 ipod expects and deserves the protection.

Posted by George on November 28, 2005 at 6:24 PM (CST)

Ryan, I was just wondering where you ordered your case from. I can’t find any for sale. Thanx.

Posted by Peter on December 7, 2005 at 2:09 AM (CST)

Does anybody know what kind of acces there is to the dock connector port on any of these cases?

Posted by Dan on December 10, 2005 at 2:48 PM (CST)

I just got the 5G leather folio. You can access the 30pin connector when the case is ‘open’. If the case is closed, you can only access the headphone port and hold switch. The screen window is big and clear. The clickwheel is accessed through opaque plastic with a rubber center button. The button works great, but the pod’s click wheel is recessed a bit; so it’s tricky to apply enough pressure to scroll without actually clicking-down on the wheel. It’s true that the case and belt clip adds some thickness, but think of it as drop padding for your new 5G. Also, when the case is on your belt and you un-velcro it, the pod drops down nicely in a viewable position without the need to remove from belt.

All in all, I’m happy with this case.

Posted by Steve on December 30, 2005 at 2:56 PM (CST)

I’m thinking about getting a new video iPod, and I’m already shopping around for a new case -  I think the neoprene one looks great!  However, they only sell the black one on Apple’s website - where can I get the pink/blue one?  Also, is this compatible with the armband that you can get with the neoprene nano case?  I’d really love a full-time case that can be used with an armband instead of having to buy a separate sport thingy (which is what I had to do with my old mini).  Any info would be appreciated!!  Thanks!

Posted by Barb on December 31, 2005 at 2:25 PM (CST)

They don’t make the wallet version?
nano’s: http://www.joshspear.com/item/ipod-nano-incase-wallet/category/gadgetry

Posted by rem7 on January 12, 2006 at 9:52 PM (CST)