Incase unveils new 5G leather and neoprene cases, nano neoprene colors
Incase today announced a series of four new iPod 5G and nano cases, continuing with designs that have previously proved popular. The company’s new Leather Folio 5G ($35) inverts the traditional PDA-style case with a front lid that opens fron the bottom, sealing closed at the iPod’s top with a Velcro flap. A flat belt clip on the case enables users to open the case upside-down on their belts for easy screen and Click Wheel access. Premiering in black, the case is planned for December Apple Store availability.
The company’s separate Leather Sleeve ($30) surrounds the 5G iPod in stitched black leather, yet uses mostly clear guards that both reveal and protect its screen and Click Wheel - the Click Wheel guard offers unique edge and center button detail. A flap on the top seals closed with Velcro, while a flat belt clip on back permits easy belt mounting. Leather Sleeve will be available in December.
Incase has also unveiled three colors of Neoprene Sleeves for 5G iPod ($25), which like the company’s earlier Sleeve for iPod nano (iLounge rating: A-) use impressive plastic accents on their fronts and backs, plus clear screen and Click Wheel protectors. The same unique edge and center button details from the Leather Sleeve are included on the Neoprene version, and a flap closes at the case’s top. Black, blue, and pink versions will be available in December. Finally, the company will release new pink and blue versions of its iPod nano Neoprene Sleeve ($20) to match all of the 5G version’s colors.
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Microsoft unveils iOS-compatible Universal Mobile Keyboard
- Video Review: Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Philips debuts first Lightning connector headphones, Fidelio M2L
- Video Review: Waterproof Grace Digital Ecostone and iHome iBN6 speakers
- Withings unveils Home video monitor
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- AT&T locks Apple SIM cards upon activation in iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- iTunes music sales down at least 13 percent worldwide
- iPad Air 2 includes NFC chip, but likely won’t be used (Updated)
- Apps of the Week: Inbox by Gmail, Pixelmator, NHL 2K + more
- iPad mini 3 unboxing and comparison gallery posted
- iPad Air 2 Control Center features separate mute and rotation buttons
- GT Advanced announces settlement with Apple
- iPad Air 2 ships with 10W power adapter
- Olloclip debuts 4-in-1 Photo Lens for iPhone 6 / 6 Plus
- iFixit posts iPad Air 2 teardown
- Speck MightyShell for iPhone 6
- Misfit Flash Fitness + Sleep Monitor
- Just Mobile Xtand Go Z1
- PowerSkin Pop’n 2 for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- APC M5BK + M10BK 5000/10000mAh Mobile Power Packs
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad mini
- IK Multimedia iRig Pads MIDI Groove Controller
- Hex Icon Wallet and Solo Wallet for iPhone 6
- SwitchEasy 0.35, LifePocket + Numbers for iPhone 6
- GE Link Connected LED Bulb + Wink Hub
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0