Incase unveils new 5G leather and neoprene cases, nano neoprene colors
Incase today announced a series of four new iPod 5G and nano cases, continuing with designs that have previously proved popular. The company’s new Leather Folio 5G ($35) inverts the traditional PDA-style case with a front lid that opens fron the bottom, sealing closed at the iPod’s top with a Velcro flap. A flat belt clip on the case enables users to open the case upside-down on their belts for easy screen and Click Wheel access. Premiering in black, the case is planned for December Apple Store availability.
The company’s separate Leather Sleeve ($30) surrounds the 5G iPod in stitched black leather, yet uses mostly clear guards that both reveal and protect its screen and Click Wheel - the Click Wheel guard offers unique edge and center button detail. A flap on the top seals closed with Velcro, while a flat belt clip on back permits easy belt mounting. Leather Sleeve will be available in December.
Incase has also unveiled three colors of Neoprene Sleeves for 5G iPod ($25), which like the company’s earlier Sleeve for iPod nano (iLounge rating: A-) use impressive plastic accents on their fronts and backs, plus clear screen and Click Wheel protectors. The same unique edge and center button details from the Leather Sleeve are included on the Neoprene version, and a flap closes at the case’s top. Black, blue, and pink versions will be available in December. Finally, the company will release new pink and blue versions of its iPod nano Neoprene Sleeve ($20) to match all of the 5G version’s colors.
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Microsoft unveils iOS-compatible Universal Mobile Keyboard
- Video Review: Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Philips debuts first Lightning connector headphones, Fidelio M2L
- Video Review: Waterproof Grace Digital Ecostone and iHome iBN6 speakers
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Microsoft, Yahoo hope to replace Google for Safari default search?
- T-Mobile required to fully disclose throttled data speeds
- Steve Jobs biopic picked up by Universal, Fassbender to star
- Handbrake updated to 0.10, adds new encoders + more
- Report: ‘Deep Organizational Issues’ at Apple affecting iCloud progress
- Apple announces Product(RED) Gift Cards for Black Friday
- Apple unveils Product(RED) apps for World AIDS Day 2014
- Apps of the Week: Sago Mini Road Trip, Football Manager Handheld 2015, Deliveries 6.0 + more
- Square plans to accept Apple Pay in 2015
- Google settles patent litigation with Apple’s Rockstar consortium
- Verus Case Damda Slide for iPhone 6 Plus
- Heckler Design @Rest Stand for iPad (2014)
- Kerf Case Wood Cases for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio for iPhone 6 Plus
- ZeroChroma FluxStand-Compatible Car Vent Mount + Reflective Armband
- Griffin Slim Folio and Survivor All-Terrain for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Slide-Mount Combo Pack for iPad Folio-Slide Cases
- G-Project G-Go Outdoor Wireless Speaker (2014)
- SteelSeries Stratus XL Gaming Controller
- Belkin/Jarden Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Smart Coffeemaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0