Incipio announces cases for new iPod touch, nano and shuffle | iLounge News

Incipio announces cases for new iPod touch, nano and shuffle

image

Incipio has announced its new lineup of cases for the fourth-generation iPod touch, sixth-generation iPod nano and fourth-generation iPod shuffle. The lineup includes updated versions of six of the company’s current case designs and a newly designed case for the iPod nano.  The Linq Wristband for the nano 6G (Pictured) provides a frame made from NGP material with a nylon and Velcro strap that can be interchanged for different color preferences. Incipio has also updated some of its popular case designs for the fourth-generation iPod touch, including the DermaShot high-density silicone case, Silicrylic two-part silicone and hard-shell case, Feather light-weight polycarbonate hard shell case, Edge two-part polycarbonate case and unique Dotties customizable dotted silicone case. Incipio will also be releasing versions of its moisture wicking neoprene Performance Armband for the new iPod touch, nano and shuffle models.

« Apple acquisition tied to iOS 4.1 HDR capability?

Target to begin selling iPad on October 3? »

Comments

Well we all knew it was only a matter of time, but that’s pretty cool.

Posted by urbanslaughter on September 13, 2010 at 10:35 AM (CDT)

The Linq looks like a great design! I think this case option actually makes me want a Nano. I was not super excited before, but now I can see a real use. Great idea Incipio!

Posted by Mitch on September 13, 2010 at 10:42 AM (CDT)

Now, if Apple would have implemented a wireless sync function, as the offered wireless sync apps by this one devloper.  woow, that would have been pretty cool ... don’t you think so? ...

Posted by dennis on September 13, 2010 at 11:48 AM (CDT)

They need to add a tiny speaker to the wristband. I am almost sold, but am not sure that routing a headphone cable from your wrist would be an easy task.

Posted by Miller on September 13, 2010 at 12:56 PM (CDT)

Interesting concept. A great way to also hide the Nano. An extension or long earphone cord will allow one to run it up you sleeve so it’s not so visible.

Posted by Audrey McGirt on September 13, 2010 at 1:08 PM (CDT)

Miller - I am not so sure I would want to listen to a speaker that would fit on this design. Like Audrey stated, a long enough headphone cord can be easily routed/hidden up ones sleeve. I would much prefer that over an underpowered, tiny speaker for my uses.

However, I do want to address the “velcro” fastener. I would prefer an option that uses a standard nylon watchband. I am not a big fan of velcro in most cases. It has it’s strengths, but I am not so sure here. I may order this and try a cheapo Timex band replacement.

Posted by Mitch on September 13, 2010 at 1:29 PM (CDT)

I said it elsewhere, but this makes me actually believe it…The new Nano (far from being a complete lemon) could change the future of small DAPs forever!

Very James Bond…

Posted by Handsome Dan on September 13, 2010 at 5:48 PM (CDT)

I don’t see why this wristwatch idea for the new nano is getting so much hype.  If the nano had video capabilities then it would make a lot more sense, but since the nano’s primary focus is on music this idea is impractical.  Having a pair of earbuds connected to your watch is going to look downright silly.

Posted by Luke on September 14, 2010 at 12:19 PM (CDT)

In light of Luke’s post, I have (sort of) reconsidered my thoughts on this product.

First, this would be a much better option if the iPod supported stereo Bluetooth headphones. While the headphone cord issue is not, in my opinion, a huge deal, wireless would be immensely better. Wired earbuds look sort of silly no matter where the cord runs…unless it is down inside a jacket or something. Down the arm is not much different than to upper arm or down the torso to a pocket, belt etc.

Second, I just noticed the placement of the headphone jack in the pictures of this product. For us righties (wearing a “watch” on the left wrist), this design puts the cord coming out right into the bend of our wrist. Not a great option. If the clock display is flippable, as the Nano commercial shows with album art, etc., then this becomes a non issue. Just flip it around so the the cable extends up your forearm.

But, I do not agree with Luke on the video vs audio comment. When I watch video on my iPhone or my wifes 5G Nano, I am using headphones. So there is no real difference for me. And I would guess the vast majority of other iDevice users are the same. However, video WOULD make this an even better case option.

Posted by Mitch on September 14, 2010 at 2:34 PM (CDT)