Incipio at 2012 CES: Cases Galore
Case maker Incipio had no shortage of new cases to show off at this year’s International CES, with release dates peppered throughout the year. LGND Kickstand and Hive Response, both for the iPhone 4 and 4S, will launch between January and March of this year with a price tag of $35 each. The first is a rare folio-style case for Apple’s phone. It’s composed of a polycarbonate shell attached to a leather cover that can be positioned for use as a landscape orientation stand. Incipio will be offering the case in black. Hive Response is a take on the company’s Hive gaming case. This new one continues to utilize the honeycomb pattern we’ve seen in the past, but adds a polycarbonate shell for further protection. Coming between April and June are Bentley for iPad 2 ($70) and The Specialist for iPhone 4/4S ($35). Bentley combines polycarbonate, leather, and aluminum to make one unique looking case. It can transform into a stand, and utilizes magnets to activate the tablet’s automatic sleep/wake feature. Finally there’s The Specialist. Although it’s the simplest looking of the cases, it combines plastic and rubber to offer superior protection against drops and scratches; we’re usually big fans of this style case. We’ve also posted additional coverage of some of the company’s more striking designs in the linked article.
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- Typo fined $860,000 for violating BlackBerry injunction
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- InCarBite, Marshall/Urbanears + Peri
- Kanex, Macally, Oaxis + Standzout
- Lenmar, Lynktec, PhoneSuit + WeeGo
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?