Incipio shows Game Boy iPhone case, advanced designs
Incipio is showing a Game Boy-inspired iPhone 4 case at its booth in the iLounge Pavilion at the 2011 International CES, as well as a number of other cases demonstrating innovative design techniques. The Game Boy case features button color, texture, and placement that’s nearly identical to Nintendo’s original Game Boy, with raised button surfaces, recesses around the buttons and to represent the original device’s speaker holes, and an opening to represent the screen that also allows for visibility of the iPhone 4’s Apple logo. Due to obvious legal concerns, the company has no current plans to mass produce or sell the case, but is instead showing it as a demonstration of its production capabilities.
Other highlights from the booth include an impressively thin battery case for the iPhone 4, sporting a 1450mAh rechargeable cell, a front mounted power button and LED charging status lights, a bottom mounted micro USB charging port and microphone pass through, and overall body dimensions that shave millimeters off of competing designs, particularly in height and depth, adding little bulk to the handset. A new range of cases is also on display, including a variety of both single- and two-piece multi-material designs and the company’s new Alpine Stars-branded cases, all showing a commendable level of fine detail. Details include beveled edges between the hard and soft pieces of some designs, small ridges milled into a black plastic camera surround that are meant to improve flash photography, and interior details like graphics and padding strips.
Outside of the company’s traditional cases, Incipio is also showing a new line of fashionably-colored headphones and a new range of bags, featuring details like ballistic nylon exteriors, TSA-compliant laptop carriers, and soft, padded compartments for the iPod and iPhone with headphone cable pass-throughs, and removable inserts for repurposing general-purpose bags into compartmentalized camera cases.
- Philips introduces dimmer remote kit for Hue lights
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- iPod touch 6G: Unboxing + comparison photos
- Logitech introduces new Logi label
- Apple debuts ‘Apple Tested Cases’ web page
- Nest debuts Nest Cam, updates Nest Protect and Learning Thermostat
- Apple to drop first-gen Apple TV, iPod classic support as of Sept 8th
- New Apple TV to feature motion sensitive remote
- Media companies balk at $40/mo. plan for Apple TV service
- Former Beats Music CEO Ian Rogers leaves Apple
- Apple partners with PayAnywhere for Apple Pay
- Report: iPhone 6S to retain 16GB base model
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- iPhone 6S to get front flash mode? (Update: Rose Gold color on the way)
- Report: iPhone 6S to support Motion wallpapers
- Rumor: iPhone 6S Plus to have smaller battery, packaging revealed?
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- Native Union Clic 360 for iPhone 6
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?