Incipio shows Game Boy iPhone case, advanced designs
Incipio is showing a Game Boy-inspired iPhone 4 case at its booth in the iLounge Pavilion at the 2011 International CES, as well as a number of other cases demonstrating innovative design techniques. The Game Boy case features button color, texture, and placement that’s nearly identical to Nintendo’s original Game Boy, with raised button surfaces, recesses around the buttons and to represent the original device’s speaker holes, and an opening to represent the screen that also allows for visibility of the iPhone 4’s Apple logo. Due to obvious legal concerns, the company has no current plans to mass produce or sell the case, but is instead showing it as a demonstration of its production capabilities.
Other highlights from the booth include an impressively thin battery case for the iPhone 4, sporting a 1450mAh rechargeable cell, a front mounted power button and LED charging status lights, a bottom mounted micro USB charging port and microphone pass through, and overall body dimensions that shave millimeters off of competing designs, particularly in height and depth, adding little bulk to the handset. A new range of cases is also on display, including a variety of both single- and two-piece multi-material designs and the company’s new Alpine Stars-branded cases, all showing a commendable level of fine detail. Details include beveled edges between the hard and soft pieces of some designs, small ridges milled into a black plastic camera surround that are meant to improve flash photography, and interior details like graphics and padding strips.
Outside of the company’s traditional cases, Incipio is also showing a new line of fashionably-colored headphones and a new range of bags, featuring details like ballistic nylon exteriors, TSA-compliant laptop carriers, and soft, padded compartments for the iPod and iPhone with headphone cable pass-throughs, and removable inserts for repurposing general-purpose bags into compartmentalized camera cases.
- Moshi debuts aluminum USB Cable with Lightning Connector
- iLuv intros Aud 5 Lightning speaker dock for iPhone 5
- Jays debuts a-Jays Five earphones
- Mophie debuts Juice Pack Plus for iPhone 5
- Geneva debuts Model S Wireless, phases out Model S
- Shure debuts SE846 Quad Driver Earphones
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps: ABC Aquarium, Disney Jr. Appisodes, Pinterest 2.4 + Pocket Informant Pro 3.0
- Report: iOS 7 could see Flickr, Vimeo integration
- Apple CEO Cook testifies on taxes, faces Senate critics
- Google Play Music All Access to get iOS app support?
- Senate subcommittee accuses Apple of tax avoidance
- AT&T: All video chat apps will work over cellular in 2013
- Apple releases testimony before CEO’s Senate appearance
- New Apple offers in India can reduce iPhone price
- Report: Apple testing 1.5” OLED displays for iWatch
- Song skipping terms slowing iRadio negotiations
- Mophie Juice Pack Plus for iPhone 5
- Ultimate Ears UE Boom
- Trü Protection Trü-Fit Anti-Glare Film Set
- New Trent iCarrier IMP120D Dual USB Power Pack
- BlueFlame 2M Charge and Sync Cable with Lightning Connector
- HMDX Jam Party Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Speaker
- Logitech Harmony Ultimate Universal Remote Control
- MyCharge Freedom 2000 Battery Case for iPhone 5
- Nike Nike+ FuelBand
- OCDesk OCDock for iPhone 5
- Inability to use Find My Friends without a passcode
- Calendar info disappears after iCloud restore
- Remove old iCloud backup after restoring to a new iPhone
- Setting up a ringtone in iTunes
- Using a Wi-Fi hard drive with an iPad
- Backing up and restoring an iPod classic
- Can’t restore iPod touch without passcode
- Retaining older versions of Apps during an iOS Restore
- Can’t eject iPod nano without closing Firefox
- Can’t change iTunes Apple ID to iCloud e-mail address