Indian Ocean Tsunami disaster appeals
As the world watches in increasing horror at the lives lost and damage caused by the earthquake off Sumatra on December 26 2004, there is still something that we can do to help.
Although many governments around the world have pledged millions in aid to assist, this will probably not be enough to help. With an estimated 120,000 fatalities so far and the likelihood of a million plus survivors not having the basic essentials to survive, suffering people need our help now.
iPod owners are amongst the world’s most fortunate people. At this time of need, please consider making at least a small donation to those less fortunate. There are numerous organizations currently accepting donations of money to help the devastated areas. As an example of what our money can do, a donation of $100 can provide enough timber and sheeting to build a home for a family.
This disaster has affected so many people, and with our membership spread all over the globe, we hope that we can do something to help - at least a little. Thank you for reading, and for caring.
For U.S. charity details, visit Apple.com.
U.K. readers can give online at Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC).
Subscribe to iLounge Weekly
- Apple releases fourth betas of iOS 10.3.2, watchOS 3.2.2, and tvOS 10.2.1
- Images claim to show iPhone 8 prototype with glass back, vertical camera
- Apple works on alternative power sources, new uses for waste heat in Denmark data center
- Training documents reveal safety details about Apple’s self-driving car system
- Supply shortfalls of upgraded components may delay iPhone 8 production to October/November
- Apple recruits two Google Satellite Executives
- Nike unveils new Nike-exclusive ‘Apple Watch NikeLab’
- Prince single ‘Deliverance’ disappears from Apple Music
- Apple releases 2017 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iDevices Wall Outlet
- Koogeek Wi-Fi SmartSocket for Apple HomeKit
- Sony MDR-1000X Wireless Noise-Canceling Headphones
- FiiO i1 Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Adapter
- Blue Ella Headphones
- Apple iPad (Fifth-Generation)
- AudioQuest NightOwl Carbon Headphones
- ExoLens PRO with Optics by ZEISS Wide-Angle Lens Kit
- Blue Sadie Headphones
- Circle with Disney Parental Control and Internet Filtering System
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10