inMotion Adapter for iPod mini now available | iLounge News

inMotion Adapter for iPod mini now available

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Wednesday, April 28, 2004
News Categories: iPod Accessories

picAltec Lansing has released the inMotion Adapter for iPod mini for inMotion speakers. “Allows the iPod mini to securely dock in the inMotion™ portable speaker system.” The adapter is free, but shipping and handling is $3. Limit of 5 per customer. Shipping available to US and Canadian residents only.

« iTunes 4.5 cripples DRM-stripping apps

iTunes turns small profit, video iPod denied »

Comments

Good price smile

Posted by -i2i- on April 28, 2004 at 12:05 PM (PDT)

limit 5 per customer?  Uhm..how many of these does everyone have?

Posted by dethbrakr in Tacoma, WA on April 28, 2004 at 12:41 PM (PDT)

Anyone know if one of these’ll work in a standard dock?

Posted by nonanan on April 28, 2004 at 6:53 PM (PDT)

Anybody out there using this system? Is it loud enough to use pool side?

Posted by Todd on April 29, 2004 at 7:42 AM (PDT)

I have the inMotion speakers for my iPod and only used mine in the house so far because I purchased it during the winter months.  Haven’t had a chance to use it outside as of yet.  But it does play loud inside and sounds great in my bedroom.

It takes 4 AA batteries but I haven’t used it on batteries yet.  Now that it’s getting warm enough to use outdoors, I’ll have a chance to test it out.

To use poolside, it can probably be heard if your not to far awawy from it or there’s not very loud noise drowning it out judging how loud it is inside the house.  I turned it up and went into the bathroom and closed the door & was able to hear it.  I went downstairs & was able to hear it.  The further away I was from it the harder it was to hear it.  This was only an in the house test though.

Posted by iPodite on April 29, 2004 at 9:25 AM (PDT)

Has anyone been able to get the link to work on the Altec Site?  I get this message:

No product versions found - Cannot display.

(Error Number: 31073201 - 0)

Their customer service is HORRIBLE so I’m unable to get an answer…

Any ideas???

Posted by Tim Jacobsen on May 5, 2004 at 4:13 PM (PDT)

I’ve been trying to order it too.  What’s going on?  It isn’t on the site.  It says “No product versions found - Cannot display.

(Error Number: 31073201 - 0)”  When I tried calling “tech support,” they told me that the sales site is down and that it’ll be back up tomorrow (Thursday).  We’ll see.

Posted by Christof on May 6, 2004 at 12:20 AM (PDT)

**Update**

Customer service said they are completely out of the adapter.  They expect more at the end of next week (5/14/04)

How many people actually need these things….???

Posted by Tim Jacobsen on May 6, 2004 at 3:24 PM (PDT)

<<How many people actually need these things….???>>

I do!  I was trying to figure out why I couldn’t order one and got nowhere when I tried calling their customer service either.

Posted by Lance on May 7, 2004 at 7:28 AM (PDT)

What’s their customer service number?

Posted by Christof on May 7, 2004 at 7:31 PM (PDT)

BTW, yea.  I need one.

Posted by Christof on May 7, 2004 at 7:32 PM (PDT)

We bought these speakers to take with us on a trip to Europe. No info on poolside, but they sound great in the house/hotel room/timeshare. Much better sound than other small speakers and the shape/size is perfect for travelling.  If you’re not travelling and just want to use them poolside, I would say you should probably buy something with better sound quality.

Also, they come with an adapter for those of using the original iPod that doesn’t have a dock connector which just covers over the connector. So, I think you could just use the mini with the cover like we do with the original iPod. Granted, it’s not connected, except through the headphone jack. We bought ours through Amazon for $20 - 30 off retail, plus coupons.

Posted by Jeff Overman on May 9, 2004 at 2:00 PM (PDT)

I was finally able to get an order thru on their website today, but they still show out of stock, so there’s no telling when I’ll actually get it.

Posted by Rob on May 19, 2004 at 10:51 AM (PDT)

How can I get one of these- I live in the UK? any ideas?

Posted by Ian Street on June 28, 2004 at 4:19 AM (PDT)