Internal AT&T email reveals iPhone launch window | iLounge News

Internal AT&T email reveals iPhone launch window

image

An internal email from AT&T to its employees has been leaked, revealing that company’s launch window for Apple’s iPhone is June 15 through July 15. While the email does not list a concrete launch date for the device, it does warn employees that vacation requests during the launch period will not be approved. “To ensure proper staffing during the product launch period, Sales personnel planning to take approved time off are encouraged to schedule their vacations before June 15 or after July 15 to participate in the iPhone launch.” In addition, the email revealed that the carrier considers the launch to be “the biggest selling period we have seen in a few years.”

« Mophie offers Bevy keychain for iPod shuffle

Ticketmaster to give away music with ticket purchases »

Comments

Well ATT is being smart. Making staffing is in place, lets hope demand doesn’t outstrip demand.

Posted by ryan10ad on May 7, 2007 at 12:26 PM (CDT)

I doubt that’ll happen - generally demand exactly equals demand ;)

Posted by mwilgar on May 7, 2007 at 1:11 PM (CDT)

Now they know how the children in China assembling the iPhones feel.

Posted by Scott on May 7, 2007 at 2:19 PM (CDT)

i hope the iphone fever finish quickly and then a new ipod appears, hopefully 120GB

Posted by gonzalo on May 7, 2007 at 4:34 PM (CDT)

really?? 120GB?

Is 80GB not enough? Id just be happy with a widescreen 30GB ipod with touch control.

Posted by unreal on May 7, 2007 at 4:49 PM (CDT)

for you flash memory for me hard disk, everybody happy

Posted by gonzalo on May 7, 2007 at 5:50 PM (CDT)

120GB would be AWESOME!!!

I have a 60GB that’s pretty much full.  I put 50GB of my 84GB music library on there and leave the rest open for the usual podcasts (both video & audio) and my weekly DVD rips.

My video library is up to just over 300GB.  So really, GIMME AS MUCH AS THEY CAN PACK IN!!!

and I guess I can throw in my 90GB Photo collection :)

Posted by iScott on May 7, 2007 at 8:56 PM (CDT)

I’ll bet the new widescreen ipod won’t come out until closer to christmas.  they’ll have to give the iphone time to make its money before dropping the widescreen standalone ipod.  why ruin this hype with another competing product from your own company…  and i would love 120gb.  we’ll see how much it costs first though (since i don’t really hate my 60 that badly)

Posted by John on May 7, 2007 at 9:57 PM (CDT)

At this point, I think it’s pretty much a given that Apple releases new iPods every September/October. I don’t see why this schedule would change in 2007.

Posted by technolawyer on May 7, 2007 at 10:43 PM (CDT)

maybe they’ll release the ipod before september/october because… i dont know.. THERE HASNT BEEN A NEW IPOD IN LIKE TWO YEARS!

Posted by christ on May 8, 2007 at 10:06 AM (CDT)

I thought this was the Internal ATT iPhone staffing comments.

Posted by ryan10ad on May 8, 2007 at 1:46 PM (CDT)

Release the dam Iphone already, so the next gen Ipods can be introduced.

Posted by Gutierrez on May 8, 2007 at 5:27 PM (CDT)

The timing dovetails with the Apple WWDC that Jobs is keynoting the morning of June 11.  Buy some stock and watch it rocket on the 11th.

Posted by menk on May 9, 2007 at 3:50 PM (CDT)