International iPad data plan pricing revealed
A number of international carriers have begun disclosing details of their data plans and pricing for the iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G. In Canada, Rogers Wireless will offer 250MB of data for CAD$15.00 per month or 5GB of data for CAD$35.00 per month, while Telstra in Australia is offering tiered monthly pricing of 1GB for A$20, 3GB for A$30, or 6GB for A$60. In the UK, O2 will offer 500MB for £2 per day, 1GB for £10 a month, and 3GB for £15 a month; all three plans will include unlimited Wi-Fi hotspot use. Rival carrier Vodafone will offer UK residents 1GB for £10 per month or 5GB for £25 per month.
In Spain, Orange will offer daily “unlimited” use for €3.50 or monthly “unlimited” use for €35; in each case, the download speed is reduced once a usage cap is reached (250MB for daily plans or 2GB for monthly plans). Vodafone in Spain is offering a similar deal, with an “Express” plan that has a high-speed download cap of 2GB and low speed downloads afterwards for €32 a month, and a “Basic” plan with a 250MB high-speed cap for €15 a month. In France, SFR is offering data with a 75MB cap for €6 per day or €9.90 for three days, a 150MB monthly plan for €14.90, and an “unlimited” plan starting at €29.90 for 1GB. In Switzerland, Swisscom is offering a 100MB daily plan for CHF 5, a 300MB monthly plan for CHF 19, and a 2GB monthly plan for CHF 39. In Germany, O2 is offering monthly data plans with a high-speed cap of 200MB for €10, 1GB for €15, and 5GB for €25, while Vodafone has similarly-capped plans available for €19.95 for 200MB and €29.95 for 3GB.
- Apple delaying SMS Continuity until October?
- Apple announces App Bundles, Previews, TestFlight
- Apple now accepting iOS 8 app submissions
- Apple releases iOS 8 GM seed to developers
- Apple sets iOS 8 release date
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple posts guide for moving content from Android to iPhone
- Court throws out $368M FaceTime judgment against Apple
- Microsoft unveils iOS-compatible Universal Mobile Keyboard
- Apple: 33M iTunes users have accessed U2 album
- Apple’s iPhone 6 NFC chip restricted to Apple Pay use
- Apple names Apple Watch execs, now hiring others
- Apple posts removal guide for U2’s Songs of Innocence album
- Apple medical trials will provide HealthKit insights
- iLife and iWork apps to be pre-installed on 64/128 GB iPhone 6/6 Plus
- Report: Apple gets 0.15 percent from each Apple Pay transaction
- Apple Inc. iOS 8
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad mini
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010