Interview with iPod’s Dirty Secret Video Producers
MacDirectory has posted an exclusive interview with the producers of the now infamous iPod’s Dirty Secret video.
“‘We placed three calls to the Apple customer service line,’ says Neistat. “Then we went into the Apple store in Manhattan for help, and then we contacted the Apple executive offices directly. They all confirmed that there was no iPod battery replacement program and they all recommended that we buy a new iPod.’ Regarding the Neistat’s claim regarding the iPod’s 18 month life, Neistat says, ‘They [Apple] didn’t specify 18 months, but they said that it was understandable.’
But, according to the Neistats, the story gets better. ‘We then purchased a third-party battery online. I’m very proficient with electronics, but it’s a very difficult thing to change the battery on the iPod, and that’s why I think Apple doesn’t offer the option… When I put in the new battery, I broke my iPod. So then I had to buy a brand new $400 iPod.’ According to Corey Neistat, it’s then that the fury that fueled the video truly kicked in.”
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?