iOS 4 satisfaction poll ends, iOS 4.1 feature poll begins
With over 3,200 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Are you satisfied with the performance of iOS 4 on your device?”—has ended. Readers using any compatible model of iPhone or iPod touch were given a choice between “satisfied” and “not satisfied,” with a separate option for those who don’t own an iOS 4-compatible device.
Perhaps unsurprisingly, users of older models—namely the iPhone 3G and second-generation iPod touch—were much more likely to be dissatisfied with iOS 4’s performance on their devices than owners of newer hardware. Among iPhone 3G users, 70% said they were not satisfied with the performance of iOS 4 on their devices, compared to just 30% that were satisfied; these numbers were closer—56% and 44%, respectively—among second-generation iPod touch users. By comparison, 85% of iPhone 3GS users said they were satisfied with iOS 4’s performance, compared to just 15% who were not satisfied, while 79% of third-generation iPod touch users said they were satisfied, with 21% saying they were not satisfied. An overwhelming majority—91%—of iPhone 4 users said they were satisfied with the performance of iOS 4 on their new devices, compared to just 9% who were not satisfied; finally, 8% of overall respondents said they didn’t own an iOS 4-compatible device. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on iOS 4.1. What new feature would you most like to see in the upcoming software update? Would you like to see iPad support, expanded multitasking capabilities, wireless syncing, iTunes Library streaming, iPhone and iPod touch support for the iPad Camera Kit, iPad-to-iPhone tethering, fixes for the iPhone 4’s reception and proximity sensor issues, or some other new feature or improvement? Our new poll, “What feature do you most want to see in iOS 4.1?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Apple hires ex-Nest exec to aid in health initiatives
- Apple loses exclusive ‘iPhone’ trademark in China
- Apple to reveal ‘sweeping changes’ to Apple Music interface at WWDC
- Apple releases fourth developer betas for iOS 9.3.2, tvOS 9.2.1
- Bowers & Wilkins acquired by EVA Automation
- India rejects Apple’s plan to sell used iPhones
- Rumor: Purported iPhone 7 component photo shows headphone jack intact
- Families fight in court over missing teen’s iPhone data
- Court allows police to force woman to unlock iPhone with Touch ID fingerprint
- Coach reportedly releasing bands for Apple Watch
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Incipio Stashback for iPhone 6/6s
- Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt with HomeKit support
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad mini 4
- Brydge BrydgeMini II Keyboard for iPad mini 4
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)