iOS 4 satisfaction poll ends, iOS 4.1 feature poll begins
With over 3,200 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Are you satisfied with the performance of iOS 4 on your device?”—has ended. Readers using any compatible model of iPhone or iPod touch were given a choice between “satisfied” and “not satisfied,” with a separate option for those who don’t own an iOS 4-compatible device.
Perhaps unsurprisingly, users of older models—namely the iPhone 3G and second-generation iPod touch—were much more likely to be dissatisfied with iOS 4’s performance on their devices than owners of newer hardware. Among iPhone 3G users, 70% said they were not satisfied with the performance of iOS 4 on their devices, compared to just 30% that were satisfied; these numbers were closer—56% and 44%, respectively—among second-generation iPod touch users. By comparison, 85% of iPhone 3GS users said they were satisfied with iOS 4’s performance, compared to just 15% who were not satisfied, while 79% of third-generation iPod touch users said they were satisfied, with 21% saying they were not satisfied. An overwhelming majority—91%—of iPhone 4 users said they were satisfied with the performance of iOS 4 on their new devices, compared to just 9% who were not satisfied; finally, 8% of overall respondents said they didn’t own an iOS 4-compatible device. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on iOS 4.1. What new feature would you most like to see in the upcoming software update? Would you like to see iPad support, expanded multitasking capabilities, wireless syncing, iTunes Library streaming, iPhone and iPod touch support for the iPad Camera Kit, iPad-to-iPhone tethering, fixes for the iPhone 4’s reception and proximity sensor issues, or some other new feature or improvement? Our new poll, “What feature do you most want to see in iOS 4.1?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge launches CES 2015 Special Edition site
- Happy New Year 2015 from iLounge!
- Happy Holidays from iLounge!
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Report: Apple agrees to accept product inspections from Chinese government
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Apple acquires music analytics firm Semetric
- Apple terminates Crimean developer agreements due to U.S. sanctions
- Apple commemorates Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air 2
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014