iOS 4 satisfaction poll ends, iOS 4.1 feature poll begins
With over 3,200 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Are you satisfied with the performance of iOS 4 on your device?”—has ended. Readers using any compatible model of iPhone or iPod touch were given a choice between “satisfied” and “not satisfied,” with a separate option for those who don’t own an iOS 4-compatible device.
Perhaps unsurprisingly, users of older models—namely the iPhone 3G and second-generation iPod touch—were much more likely to be dissatisfied with iOS 4’s performance on their devices than owners of newer hardware. Among iPhone 3G users, 70% said they were not satisfied with the performance of iOS 4 on their devices, compared to just 30% that were satisfied; these numbers were closer—56% and 44%, respectively—among second-generation iPod touch users. By comparison, 85% of iPhone 3GS users said they were satisfied with iOS 4’s performance, compared to just 15% who were not satisfied, while 79% of third-generation iPod touch users said they were satisfied, with 21% saying they were not satisfied. An overwhelming majority—91%—of iPhone 4 users said they were satisfied with the performance of iOS 4 on their new devices, compared to just 9% who were not satisfied; finally, 8% of overall respondents said they didn’t own an iOS 4-compatible device. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on iOS 4.1. What new feature would you most like to see in the upcoming software update? Would you like to see iPad support, expanded multitasking capabilities, wireless syncing, iTunes Library streaming, iPhone and iPod touch support for the iPad Camera Kit, iPad-to-iPhone tethering, fixes for the iPhone 4’s reception and proximity sensor issues, or some other new feature or improvement? Our new poll, “What feature do you most want to see in iOS 4.1?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Researchers expose security flaw in Osram smart bulbs
- Cops bust ‘criminal enterprise’ using stolen credit cards at Chicago-area Apple stores
- Update in iOS 10 allows for autoplay of silent videos in Safari
- WSJ: Apple brings in trusted executive Mansfield to head Apple Car project
- CarPlay to be available in all 2017 Ford models
- Rumors claim new iPhone will be released Sept. 16, could have ‘iPhone 6 SE’ name
- Photos claim to show alleged ‘iPad Pro 2’
- Apple to sell limited-edition Olympic Apple Watch bands exclusively in Brazil
- Report: iPhone 7 will include Lightning adapter instead of Lightning EarPods
- Edward Snowden designing device to prevent iPhone wiretapping
- Netatmo Tags for Welcome Smart Home Camera
- iDevices Socket HomeKit-enabled Light Adapter
- Koogeek Wi-Fi SmartPlug for Apple HomeKit
- Marbotic Smart Letters for iPad
- Ecoxgear Sol Jam Bluetooth Speaker
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case + Hand Strap for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Braven BRV-1M Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-Blade Bluetooth Speaker
- Invoxia Voice Bridge
- Incase Keyboard Case for iPad Air 2
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app