iOS 4 satisfaction poll ends, iOS 4.1 feature poll begins
With over 3,200 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Are you satisfied with the performance of iOS 4 on your device?”—has ended. Readers using any compatible model of iPhone or iPod touch were given a choice between “satisfied” and “not satisfied,” with a separate option for those who don’t own an iOS 4-compatible device.
Perhaps unsurprisingly, users of older models—namely the iPhone 3G and second-generation iPod touch—were much more likely to be dissatisfied with iOS 4’s performance on their devices than owners of newer hardware. Among iPhone 3G users, 70% said they were not satisfied with the performance of iOS 4 on their devices, compared to just 30% that were satisfied; these numbers were closer—56% and 44%, respectively—among second-generation iPod touch users. By comparison, 85% of iPhone 3GS users said they were satisfied with iOS 4’s performance, compared to just 15% who were not satisfied, while 79% of third-generation iPod touch users said they were satisfied, with 21% saying they were not satisfied. An overwhelming majority—91%—of iPhone 4 users said they were satisfied with the performance of iOS 4 on their new devices, compared to just 9% who were not satisfied; finally, 8% of overall respondents said they didn’t own an iOS 4-compatible device. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on iOS 4.1. What new feature would you most like to see in the upcoming software update? Would you like to see iPad support, expanded multitasking capabilities, wireless syncing, iTunes Library streaming, iPhone and iPod touch support for the iPad Camera Kit, iPad-to-iPhone tethering, fixes for the iPhone 4’s reception and proximity sensor issues, or some other new feature or improvement? Our new poll, “What feature do you most want to see in iOS 4.1?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Report: iPhone 8 likely to come in three glass-backed sizes
- Report: New Apple TV app to provide show recommendations
- Apple’s German website adds Apple Pay support page, but still no launch
- Notes from Apple’s Q4 2016 earnings call
- Apple Q4 2016: $46.9B revenue, 45.5M iPhones + 9.2M iPads sold
- Apple reportedly hiring engineers from BlackBerry, developing car operating system in Canada
- Apple releases PowerBeats3 Wireless earphones
- Apple Pay launch in Japan encounters major problems
- Apple releases iOS 10.1, tvOS 10.0.1, watchOS 3.1
- New details about Apple Watch Nike+ exclusives, availability
- Bowers & Wilkins P3 Series 2 Headphones
- Incase Icon, Pop, and Textured Snap for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Philips Hue Motion Sensor
- Bowers & Wilkins P9 Signature Headphones
- Tech Armor FlexProtect and Shock Flex for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- SwitchEasy Flash and Fleur for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Blue Microphones Raspberry Mobile Microphone
- Incipio Haven for iPhone 7 and Reprieve Sport for iPhone 7 Plus
- Mophie Hold Force Magnetic Case System for iPhone 7
- Speck Presidio and Tech21 Evo Tactical for iPhone 7
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps