iOS 4.1 poll ends, iPhone 4 response poll begins
With over 2,300 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“What feature do you most want to see in iOS 4.1?”—has ended. Readers could choose from improvements including iPad support, expanded multitasking and background processes, iTunes Library streaming support, wireless syncing, iPhone/iPod support for the iPad Camera Kit, iPad-to-iPhone tethering, fixes for iPhone 4 reception, proximity sensor bugs, or other improvements.
Over one quarter of readers—27%—said they’d like to see fixes for iPhone 4 reception and proximity sensor bugs in iOS 4.1. The latter has been confirmed for a future software update, although not necessarily iOS 4.1, while the former has been addressed by Apple in the form of free cases for unhappy iPhone 4 users. 25% of readers said they’d most like to see wireless syncing, followed by 20% who would like iPad support—a large question mark given the lack of an iPad-compatible beta—9% who would like iPad-to-iPhone tethering, and 7% each who want iTunes Library streaming support or expanded multitasking and background processes. 5% of readers said they most want to see some other feature addition or improvement, while only 1% said they’d most like to see iPhone and iPod support for the iPad Camera Kit. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on Apple’s response to the iPhone 4’s reception problems. We’d like to know whether you’re satisfied with the explanation of the problem and the offering of free cases. Are you thrilled, mildly satisfied, unsatisfied, or upset by Apple’s response, or do you not have an opinion? Our new poll, “Did Apple properly address iPhone 4 reception concerns?” lets you share your thoughts. You can find the iLounge Poll in the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy Holidays from iLounge
- Happy Thanksgiving 2016 from iLounge!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
Subscribe to iLounge Weekly
- iDevices adds dynamic automation, enhanced scheduling to ‘Connected’ app for HomeKit
- Apple reports that iOS 10.2.1 significantly reduces unexpected iPhone 6s shutdown issues
- Mobiata announces sunset of FlightTrack 5 and FlightBoard apps
- Harman announces first Wireless CarPlay implementation
- Report: Apple still considering several possible wireless charging solutions for ‘iPhone 8’
- Mini Metro adds Endless Mode
- Apple issues statement opposing Trump administration’s rescission of transgender rights
- ResearchKit study conducted using Apple Watch reveals new insights into seizures
- Instagram adds ability to include up to 10 photos or videos in a single post
- Facebook’s talks with MLB raise possibility that game streams could come to Apple TV
- PureGear PureSwitch HomeKit-enabled Wireless Smart Plug
- 1More Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones
- Revogi Smart Lightbulb, Smart Lightstrip, Smart Candle + Smart Meter Plug
- Audeze iSine10 In-Ear Headphones
- MOCACARE MOCACuff Connected Blood Pressure Monitor
- Apple AirPods
- Elgato Eve Motion
- Olloclip Core Lens Set for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Logitech Pop Home Switch Starter Pack
- Elgato Eve Light Switch
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10