iOS 4.1 poll ends, iPhone 4 response poll begins
With over 2,300 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“What feature do you most want to see in iOS 4.1?”—has ended. Readers could choose from improvements including iPad support, expanded multitasking and background processes, iTunes Library streaming support, wireless syncing, iPhone/iPod support for the iPad Camera Kit, iPad-to-iPhone tethering, fixes for iPhone 4 reception, proximity sensor bugs, or other improvements.
Over one quarter of readers—27%—said they’d like to see fixes for iPhone 4 reception and proximity sensor bugs in iOS 4.1. The latter has been confirmed for a future software update, although not necessarily iOS 4.1, while the former has been addressed by Apple in the form of free cases for unhappy iPhone 4 users. 25% of readers said they’d most like to see wireless syncing, followed by 20% who would like iPad support—a large question mark given the lack of an iPad-compatible beta—9% who would like iPad-to-iPhone tethering, and 7% each who want iTunes Library streaming support or expanded multitasking and background processes. 5% of readers said they most want to see some other feature addition or improvement, while only 1% said they’d most like to see iPhone and iPod support for the iPad Camera Kit. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on Apple’s response to the iPhone 4’s reception problems. We’d like to know whether you’re satisfied with the explanation of the problem and the offering of free cases. Are you thrilled, mildly satisfied, unsatisfied, or upset by Apple’s response, or do you not have an opinion? Our new poll, “Did Apple properly address iPhone 4 reception concerns?” lets you share your thoughts. You can find the iLounge Poll in the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Apple’s new ‘Echo rival’ may feature a camera
- Apple ‘working rapidly’ to extend Apple Pay to more countries
- Report: Apple’s Siri-based Amazon Echo competitor will be a new Apple TV
- Report: Apple SVP Eddy Cue proposed bid to buy Time Warner
- Beta testing for Pokémon GO begins in the U.S.
- Apple’s plan to open stores in India hits a snag (Update: India’s finance minister ratifies ruling)
- Apple looking into charging stations for electric cars
- Apple hires hint at improvements in encryption, health monitoring
- Hyundai adds CarPlay support to more vehicles
- Plaintiffs file new motion to keep ‘Error 53’ Touch ID lawsuit alive
- OtterBox Symmetry Series Hybrid Case for 12.9” iPad Pro
- Logitech Logi BASE Charging Stand for iPad Pro
- Twelve South TimePorter for Apple Watch
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Incipio Stashback for iPhone 6/6s
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)