iOS 4.1 poll ends, iPhone 4 response poll begins
With over 2,300 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“What feature do you most want to see in iOS 4.1?”—has ended. Readers could choose from improvements including iPad support, expanded multitasking and background processes, iTunes Library streaming support, wireless syncing, iPhone/iPod support for the iPad Camera Kit, iPad-to-iPhone tethering, fixes for iPhone 4 reception, proximity sensor bugs, or other improvements.
Over one quarter of readers—27%—said they’d like to see fixes for iPhone 4 reception and proximity sensor bugs in iOS 4.1. The latter has been confirmed for a future software update, although not necessarily iOS 4.1, while the former has been addressed by Apple in the form of free cases for unhappy iPhone 4 users. 25% of readers said they’d most like to see wireless syncing, followed by 20% who would like iPad support—a large question mark given the lack of an iPad-compatible beta—9% who would like iPad-to-iPhone tethering, and 7% each who want iTunes Library streaming support or expanded multitasking and background processes. 5% of readers said they most want to see some other feature addition or improvement, while only 1% said they’d most like to see iPhone and iPod support for the iPad Camera Kit. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on Apple’s response to the iPhone 4’s reception problems. We’d like to know whether you’re satisfied with the explanation of the problem and the offering of free cases. Are you thrilled, mildly satisfied, unsatisfied, or upset by Apple’s response, or do you not have an opinion? Our new poll, “Did Apple properly address iPhone 4 reception concerns?” lets you share your thoughts. You can find the iLounge Poll in the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- Happy Thanksgiving 2016 from iLounge!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Apple offering hands-on demos of Super Mario Run in stores
- Report: Apple pursuing studio agreements for early movie rentals
- Apple releases seventh beta of iOS 10.2 to developers
- Apple makes its picks for best iPhone, iPad and Apple TV apps of 2016
- Apple acknowledges Apple Music now includes ‘all the benefits of iTunes Match’
- Apple Music tops 20 million subscribers
- Apple blames ‘external factors’ for iPhone fires in China
- Rumor: 2017 iPhones won’t include glass chassis or wireless charging; will add red color
- Top Apple supplier Foxconn planning U.S. investment
- Apple enables Single Sign-On across all iOS 10 and tvOS 10 devices
- Elgato Eve Light Switch
- iHome iPLWBT5 Docking Clock Radio for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Brydge 12.9 iPad Pro Keyboard
- Sen.se GuardPeanut
- iHome iZBT10 Zenergy Bedside Sleep Therapy Speaker
- Twelve South HiRise Duet for Apple Watch and iPhone
- IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitor
- JBL Under Armour Sport Wireless Heart Rate Headphones
- Edifier e235 Luna E Speaker System
- Clamcase ClamCase+ for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10