iOS 4.1 poll ends, iPhone 4 response poll begins
With over 2,300 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“What feature do you most want to see in iOS 4.1?”—has ended. Readers could choose from improvements including iPad support, expanded multitasking and background processes, iTunes Library streaming support, wireless syncing, iPhone/iPod support for the iPad Camera Kit, iPad-to-iPhone tethering, fixes for iPhone 4 reception, proximity sensor bugs, or other improvements.
Over one quarter of readers—27%—said they’d like to see fixes for iPhone 4 reception and proximity sensor bugs in iOS 4.1. The latter has been confirmed for a future software update, although not necessarily iOS 4.1, while the former has been addressed by Apple in the form of free cases for unhappy iPhone 4 users. 25% of readers said they’d most like to see wireless syncing, followed by 20% who would like iPad support—a large question mark given the lack of an iPad-compatible beta—9% who would like iPad-to-iPhone tethering, and 7% each who want iTunes Library streaming support or expanded multitasking and background processes. 5% of readers said they most want to see some other feature addition or improvement, while only 1% said they’d most like to see iPhone and iPod support for the iPad Camera Kit. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on Apple’s response to the iPhone 4’s reception problems. We’d like to know whether you’re satisfied with the explanation of the problem and the offering of free cases. Are you thrilled, mildly satisfied, unsatisfied, or upset by Apple’s response, or do you not have an opinion? Our new poll, “Did Apple properly address iPhone 4 reception concerns?” lets you share your thoughts. You can find the iLounge Poll in the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge launches CES 2015 Special Edition site
- Happy New Year 2015 from iLounge!
- Happy Holidays from iLounge!
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Report: Apple agrees to accept product inspections from Chinese government
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Apple acquires music analytics firm Semetric
- Apple terminates Crimean developer agreements due to U.S. sanctions
- Apple commemorates Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air 2
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014