iOS 4.1 poll ends, iPhone 4 response poll begins
With over 2,300 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“What feature do you most want to see in iOS 4.1?”—has ended. Readers could choose from improvements including iPad support, expanded multitasking and background processes, iTunes Library streaming support, wireless syncing, iPhone/iPod support for the iPad Camera Kit, iPad-to-iPhone tethering, fixes for iPhone 4 reception, proximity sensor bugs, or other improvements.
Over one quarter of readers—27%—said they’d like to see fixes for iPhone 4 reception and proximity sensor bugs in iOS 4.1. The latter has been confirmed for a future software update, although not necessarily iOS 4.1, while the former has been addressed by Apple in the form of free cases for unhappy iPhone 4 users. 25% of readers said they’d most like to see wireless syncing, followed by 20% who would like iPad support—a large question mark given the lack of an iPad-compatible beta—9% who would like iPad-to-iPhone tethering, and 7% each who want iTunes Library streaming support or expanded multitasking and background processes. 5% of readers said they most want to see some other feature addition or improvement, while only 1% said they’d most like to see iPhone and iPod support for the iPad Camera Kit. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on Apple’s response to the iPhone 4’s reception problems. We’d like to know whether you’re satisfied with the explanation of the problem and the offering of free cases. Are you thrilled, mildly satisfied, unsatisfied, or upset by Apple’s response, or do you not have an opinion? Our new poll, “Did Apple properly address iPhone 4 reception concerns?” lets you share your thoughts. You can find the iLounge Poll in the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Report: iPhone 8 likely to come in three glass-backed sizes
- Report: New Apple TV app to provide show recommendations
- Apple’s German website adds Apple Pay support page, but still no launch
- Notes from Apple’s Q4 2016 earnings call
- Apple Q4 2016: $46.9B revenue, 45.5M iPhones + 9.2M iPads sold
- Apple reportedly hiring engineers from BlackBerry, developing car operating system in Canada
- Apple releases PowerBeats3 Wireless earphones
- Apple Pay launch in Japan encounters major problems
- Apple releases iOS 10.1, tvOS 10.0.1, watchOS 3.1
- New details about Apple Watch Nike+ exclusives, availability
- Bowers & Wilkins P3 Series 2 Headphones
- Incase Icon, Pop, and Textured Snap for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Philips Hue Motion Sensor
- Bowers & Wilkins P9 Signature Headphones
- Tech Armor FlexProtect and Shock Flex for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- SwitchEasy Flash and Fleur for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Blue Microphones Raspberry Mobile Microphone
- Incipio Haven for iPhone 7 and Reprieve Sport for iPhone 7 Plus
- Mophie Hold Force Magnetic Case System for iPhone 7
- Speck Presidio and Tech21 Evo Tactical for iPhone 7
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps