iOS 5 feature poll ends, iTunes Match poll begins
With over 2,100 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Which feature would you most like to see in iOS 5?”—has ended. Readers were given the choice between a new Notifications system, Home screen widgets, wireless syncing, backups, and updates, a redesigned Home screen, expanded background app and/or multitasking support, a common file system, haptic feedback, or some other feature or improvement.
As it turns out, the two most popular options—wireless features and a revamped Notification system—were included when Apple previewed the upcoming release. 33 percent of respondents said they most wanted to see wireless syncing, backups, and updates, followed by 24 percent who wanted a new Notifications system. 11 percent said they wanted Home screen widgets—a feature which didn’t appear in full, but was implemented in highly limited fashion in the new Notifications Center—followed by nine percent who wanted a redesigned Home screen, seven percent who wanted either a common file system or some other feature or improvement, six percent who wanted expanded background app and/or multitasking support, and two percent who wanted Apple to integrate haptic feedback into the OS. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on Apple’s upcoming iTunes Match service. We’d like to know if you’re planning on signing up when it becomes available this fall. Are you going to try it out, or are you currently using or planning to use a competing service, or are you holding out for a better option? Or do cloud music offerings not interest you, or would you be interested, if only it were available where you live, or do you not own an iOS device? Our new poll—“Are you planning to sign up for iTunes Match?”—lets you answer that question. You can find the iLounge Poll in the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- More details emerge on Apple Music overhaul
- iPhone tops Time’s list of most influential gadgets
- Kohl’s integrates rewards system with Apple Pay
- Apple hires ex-Nest exec to aid in health initiatives
- Apple loses exclusive ‘iPhone’ trademark in China
- Apple to reveal ‘sweeping changes’ to Apple Music interface at WWDC
- Apple releases fourth developer betas for iOS 9.3.2, tvOS 9.2.1
- Bowers & Wilkins acquired by EVA Automation
- India rejects Apple’s plan to sell used iPhones
- Rumor: Purported iPhone 7 component photo shows headphone jack intact
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Incipio Stashback for iPhone 6/6s
- Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt with HomeKit support
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad mini 4
- Brydge BrydgeMini II Keyboard for iPad mini 4
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)