iOS 5 feature poll ends, iTunes Match poll begins
With over 2,100 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Which feature would you most like to see in iOS 5?”—has ended. Readers were given the choice between a new Notifications system, Home screen widgets, wireless syncing, backups, and updates, a redesigned Home screen, expanded background app and/or multitasking support, a common file system, haptic feedback, or some other feature or improvement.
As it turns out, the two most popular options—wireless features and a revamped Notification system—were included when Apple previewed the upcoming release. 33 percent of respondents said they most wanted to see wireless syncing, backups, and updates, followed by 24 percent who wanted a new Notifications system. 11 percent said they wanted Home screen widgets—a feature which didn’t appear in full, but was implemented in highly limited fashion in the new Notifications Center—followed by nine percent who wanted a redesigned Home screen, seven percent who wanted either a common file system or some other feature or improvement, six percent who wanted expanded background app and/or multitasking support, and two percent who wanted Apple to integrate haptic feedback into the OS. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on Apple’s upcoming iTunes Match service. We’d like to know if you’re planning on signing up when it becomes available this fall. Are you going to try it out, or are you currently using or planning to use a competing service, or are you holding out for a better option? Or do cloud music offerings not interest you, or would you be interested, if only it were available where you live, or do you not own an iOS device? Our new poll—“Are you planning to sign up for iTunes Match?”—lets you answer that question. You can find the iLounge Poll in the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Seasons Greetings! Our top picks in 2015, and more for your last-minute shopping
- Happy Thanksgiving 2015 from iLounge!
- Happy Columbus Day + Canadian Thanksgiving!
- A note on our iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus case reviews
- iPad Air 3, iPhone 5se expected to be available March 18
- Apple filming original ‘dark drama’ television series featuring Dr. Dre
- Apple under fire for patent infringement from haptic feedback company Immersion
- CBS CEO Moonves notes Apple talks have stopped
- Apple will source iPhone 7 ‘A10’ CPU solely from TSMC
- Federal bill aims to take regulatory power for phone encryption out of state hands
- Job post shows Apple emphasizing new complications, faces for Apple Watch
- New comments hint at forthcoming streaming TV service from Apple
- Apple Music available on Sonos starting today
- Screen protector installation now available at Apple Stores
- VRS Design Crystal Bumper, High Pro Shield + Verge Active for iPhone 6/6s
- Vicks SmartTemp Wireless Smartphone Thermometer
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case for iPad Pro
- Edifier MP700 Rave Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Just Mobile HoverDock for Apple Watch + HoverDock for iPhone
- VRS Design Dandy Layered Case for iPad Pro
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!