iOS 5 feature poll ends, iTunes Match poll begins
With over 2,100 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Which feature would you most like to see in iOS 5?”—has ended. Readers were given the choice between a new Notifications system, Home screen widgets, wireless syncing, backups, and updates, a redesigned Home screen, expanded background app and/or multitasking support, a common file system, haptic feedback, or some other feature or improvement.
As it turns out, the two most popular options—wireless features and a revamped Notification system—were included when Apple previewed the upcoming release. 33 percent of respondents said they most wanted to see wireless syncing, backups, and updates, followed by 24 percent who wanted a new Notifications system. 11 percent said they wanted Home screen widgets—a feature which didn’t appear in full, but was implemented in highly limited fashion in the new Notifications Center—followed by nine percent who wanted a redesigned Home screen, seven percent who wanted either a common file system or some other feature or improvement, six percent who wanted expanded background app and/or multitasking support, and two percent who wanted Apple to integrate haptic feedback into the OS. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on Apple’s upcoming iTunes Match service. We’d like to know if you’re planning on signing up when it becomes available this fall. Are you going to try it out, or are you currently using or planning to use a competing service, or are you holding out for a better option? Or do cloud music offerings not interest you, or would you be interested, if only it were available where you live, or do you not own an iOS device? Our new poll—“Are you planning to sign up for iTunes Match?”—lets you answer that question. You can find the iLounge Poll in the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Report: Apple now prioritizing autonomous driving system in car project
- WSJ: Apple’s ‘hard-charging’ approach unsuccessful in negotiations with TV networks
- Video purports to show official Lightning to 3.5mm headphone adapter
- New iPhone pre-orders to start Sept. 9?
- Apple has sold one billion iPhones
- Parkopedia to provide detailed parking information for Apple Maps [Updated]
- Microsoft releases Pix camera app for iPhone
- Adobe launches new Lightroom viewer for Apple TV
- Australian banks team up to push for other mobile payment apps on iPhone
- Report: iPhone 7 may feature 3D Touch home button
- Moe Bull Stand for iPad Air 2 + 9.7” iPad Pro
- Netatmo Tags for Welcome Smart Home Camera
- iDevices Socket HomeKit-enabled Light Adapter
- Koogeek Wi-Fi SmartPlug for Apple HomeKit
- Marbotic Smart Letters for iPad
- Ecoxgear Sol Jam Bluetooth Speaker
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case + Hand Strap for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Braven BRV-1M Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-Blade Bluetooth Speaker
- Invoxia Voice Bridge
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app