iOS 5 feature poll ends, iTunes Match poll begins
With over 2,100 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Which feature would you most like to see in iOS 5?”—has ended. Readers were given the choice between a new Notifications system, Home screen widgets, wireless syncing, backups, and updates, a redesigned Home screen, expanded background app and/or multitasking support, a common file system, haptic feedback, or some other feature or improvement.
As it turns out, the two most popular options—wireless features and a revamped Notification system—were included when Apple previewed the upcoming release. 33 percent of respondents said they most wanted to see wireless syncing, backups, and updates, followed by 24 percent who wanted a new Notifications system. 11 percent said they wanted Home screen widgets—a feature which didn’t appear in full, but was implemented in highly limited fashion in the new Notifications Center—followed by nine percent who wanted a redesigned Home screen, seven percent who wanted either a common file system or some other feature or improvement, six percent who wanted expanded background app and/or multitasking support, and two percent who wanted Apple to integrate haptic feedback into the OS. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on Apple’s upcoming iTunes Match service. We’d like to know if you’re planning on signing up when it becomes available this fall. Are you going to try it out, or are you currently using or planning to use a competing service, or are you holding out for a better option? Or do cloud music offerings not interest you, or would you be interested, if only it were available where you live, or do you not own an iOS device? Our new poll—“Are you planning to sign up for iTunes Match?”—lets you answer that question. You can find the iLounge Poll in the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?