iOS 5 feature poll ends, iTunes Match poll begins
With over 2,100 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Which feature would you most like to see in iOS 5?”—has ended. Readers were given the choice between a new Notifications system, Home screen widgets, wireless syncing, backups, and updates, a redesigned Home screen, expanded background app and/or multitasking support, a common file system, haptic feedback, or some other feature or improvement.
As it turns out, the two most popular options—wireless features and a revamped Notification system—were included when Apple previewed the upcoming release. 33 percent of respondents said they most wanted to see wireless syncing, backups, and updates, followed by 24 percent who wanted a new Notifications system. 11 percent said they wanted Home screen widgets—a feature which didn’t appear in full, but was implemented in highly limited fashion in the new Notifications Center—followed by nine percent who wanted a redesigned Home screen, seven percent who wanted either a common file system or some other feature or improvement, six percent who wanted expanded background app and/or multitasking support, and two percent who wanted Apple to integrate haptic feedback into the OS. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on Apple’s upcoming iTunes Match service. We’d like to know if you’re planning on signing up when it becomes available this fall. Are you going to try it out, or are you currently using or planning to use a competing service, or are you holding out for a better option? Or do cloud music offerings not interest you, or would you be interested, if only it were available where you live, or do you not own an iOS device? Our new poll—“Are you planning to sign up for iTunes Match?”—lets you answer that question. You can find the iLounge Poll in the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Incipio to acquire Skullcandy
- Apple confirms iOS 10 kernel was left open to improve performance
- Apple leaves iOS 10 kernel open to scrutiny
- Judge throws out ‘Error 53’ lawsuit against Apple
- Chinese company in iPhone patent fight is all but defunct
- Apple adds nine more apps to universal search in Apple TV
- WSJ: iPhone to see modest changes this year, eliminate headphone jack
- China tightening restrictions on mobile games starting next month
- Supreme Court patent ruling bodes well for future Apple cases
- Apple to pay $400M to consumers over e-book price fixing case
- Zagg Slim Book for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Element Case Ronin for iPhone 6/6s
- JBL Clip 2 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- Audio-Technica ATH-SR5BT Wireless On-Ear Headphones
- Catalyst Case for iPad mini 4
- Jaybird Freedom Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
- Zagg Flex Arc Wireless Earbuds + Speakers
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7NC SonicPro Headphones with Active Noise Cancellation
- Twelve South BookBook for 12.9” iPad Pro
- Spigen Rugged Armor, Style Armor + Wallet S for iPhone SE
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app