iOS 5.0.1 update poll ends, holiday poll begins
With over 2,100 votes from iLounge readers, our most recent poll—“Did the iOS 5.0.1 update fix anything for you?”—has ended. Readers were given various options to indicate that the update helped with battery life and/or AirPlay issues, didn’t fix their issues, made things worse, or to say that they either didn’t have any issues to begin with or didn’t have an iOS 5-capable device.
A large number of readers—42 percent—said they didn’t have any issues to fix, followed by 22 percent who said the update didn’t fix their issues. While 10 percent of readers said the update fixed their battery life issues, another 10 percent said it made their issues worse, and yet another 10 percent said they don’t own a device capable of running iOS 5.0.1. Finally, four percent said the update fixed both battery and AirPlay issues, while only one percent said the update fixed their AirPlay streaming issues only. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on this season’s holiday gifts. We’d like to know: what was your favorite Apple product you received as a gift this season? Was it an iPad, or maybe an iPhone or iPod? Or was it an Apple TV, or perhaps even a Mac? Our new poll, “What was your favorite holiday Apple gift?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll on the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com home page.
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy Holidays from iLounge
- Happy Thanksgiving 2016 from iLounge!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
Subscribe to iLounge Weekly
- Mobiata announces sunset of FlightTrack 5 and FlightBoard apps
- Harman announces first Wireless CarPlay implementation
- Report: Apple still considering several possible wireless charging solutions for ‘iPhone 8’
- Mini Metro adds Endless Mode
- Apple issues statement opposing Trump administration’s rescission of transgender rights
- ResearchKit study conducted using Apple Watch reveals new insights into seizures
- Instagram adds ability to include up to 10 photos or videos in a single post
- Facebook’s talks with MLB raise possibility that game streams could come to Apple TV
- Analyst claims wireless charging will be included in ‘iPhone 8,’ but rules out Energous as provider
- Apple claims EU made ‘fundamental errors’ in calculating $14B Irish tax ruling
- PureGear PureSwitch HomeKit-enabled Wireless Smart Plug
- 1More Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones
- Revogi Smart Lightbulb, Smart Lightstrip, Smart Candle + Smart Meter Plug
- Audeze iSine10 In-Ear Headphones
- MOCACARE MOCACuff Connected Blood Pressure Monitor
- Apple AirPods
- Elgato Eve Motion
- Olloclip Core Lens Set for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Logitech Pop Home Switch Starter Pack
- Elgato Eve Light Switch
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10