iOS 5.0.1 update poll ends, holiday poll begins
With over 2,100 votes from iLounge readers, our most recent poll—“Did the iOS 5.0.1 update fix anything for you?”—has ended. Readers were given various options to indicate that the update helped with battery life and/or AirPlay issues, didn’t fix their issues, made things worse, or to say that they either didn’t have any issues to begin with or didn’t have an iOS 5-capable device.
A large number of readers—42 percent—said they didn’t have any issues to fix, followed by 22 percent who said the update didn’t fix their issues. While 10 percent of readers said the update fixed their battery life issues, another 10 percent said it made their issues worse, and yet another 10 percent said they don’t own a device capable of running iOS 5.0.1. Finally, four percent said the update fixed both battery and AirPlay issues, while only one percent said the update fixed their AirPlay streaming issues only. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on this season’s holiday gifts. We’d like to know: what was your favorite Apple product you received as a gift this season? Was it an iPad, or maybe an iPhone or iPod? Or was it an Apple TV, or perhaps even a Mac? Our new poll, “What was your favorite holiday Apple gift?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll on the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com home page.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Universal calls an end to exclusives amid criticisms that Apple Music is hurting the industry
- Apple reveals some of its upcoming AI advancements for the iPhone
- Apple Music’s royalty rates complicate Spotify’s contract negotiations
- iFixit highlights ‘Touch Disease’ affecting many iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus models
- Rebranded Nike+ Run Club app adds new tracking abilities
- Apple Music Festival set for Sept. 18-30
- Report: Apple planning three iPhone models for 2017, one with curved OLED display
- Apple investigating after two Foxconn employees died last week
- Apple buys health data startup Gliimpse
- Report: Apple passes on Lyft acquisition
- Philips Sonicare FlexCare Platinum Connected Bluetooth Toothbrush
- Audeze EL-8 Titanium Over-Ear Headphones
- Defined Corp Dome Stand for Apple Watch and iPhone
- Speck StyleFolio Pencil for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Audeze Sine On-Ear Headphone
- First Alert Onelink Wi-Fi Smoke + Carbon Monoxide Alarm
- Logitech Create 9.7” iPad Pro Keyboard Case
- iDevices Outdoor Switch Power Outlet
- 808 Audio Canz XL Bluetooth Speaker
- Standzout Helix Dock for Apple Watch
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app