iOS 5.0.1 update poll ends, holiday poll begins
With over 2,100 votes from iLounge readers, our most recent poll—“Did the iOS 5.0.1 update fix anything for you?”—has ended. Readers were given various options to indicate that the update helped with battery life and/or AirPlay issues, didn’t fix their issues, made things worse, or to say that they either didn’t have any issues to begin with or didn’t have an iOS 5-capable device.
A large number of readers—42 percent—said they didn’t have any issues to fix, followed by 22 percent who said the update didn’t fix their issues. While 10 percent of readers said the update fixed their battery life issues, another 10 percent said it made their issues worse, and yet another 10 percent said they don’t own a device capable of running iOS 5.0.1. Finally, four percent said the update fixed both battery and AirPlay issues, while only one percent said the update fixed their AirPlay streaming issues only. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on this season’s holiday gifts. We’d like to know: what was your favorite Apple product you received as a gift this season? Was it an iPad, or maybe an iPhone or iPod? Or was it an Apple TV, or perhaps even a Mac? Our new poll, “What was your favorite holiday Apple gift?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll on the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com home page.
- Happy Thanksgiving 2014 from iLounge!
- Don’t miss our Best of the Year Awards 2014
- iLounge announces its Best of the Year Awards for 2014
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, subscribe now
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Apple Pay cards represent 90 percent of US credit purchase volume; Samsung readying rival service
- Apps of the Week: Microsoft’s MSN apps
- TwelveSouth releases BookBook for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Dog & Bone Wetsuit for iPhone 6
- Belkin Qode Ultimate + Ultimate Pro Keyboard Cases for iPad Air 2
- Evollve Ozobot
- Skech Crystal for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Hard Rubber + Ice for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPad Air 2
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0