IPac sends iPods to first round of senators
IPac today announced that it has shipped the first 12 iPods to Senatorial campaign committees as part of the group’s “Your Senator Needs an iPod” campaign, which was created to help enlighten Senators who work on legislation affecting technology on the importance of balancing copyright and the public interest. Senators receiving iPods include Gordon Smith (R-OR), Daniel Inouye (D-HI), John Sununu (R-NH), Ben Nelson (D-NE), Conrad Burns (R-MT), Barbara Boxer (D-CA), John Ensign (R-NV), John Kerry (D-MA), Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-TX), George Allen (R-VA), Maria Cantwell (D-WA), and Trent Lott (R-MS).
The iPods sent were pre-loaded with a bounty of public domain and Creative Commons-licensed content, all of which IPac has made available for free download. Each iPod has music from artists such as Chuck D and The Beastie Boys, hundreds of photos from flickr.com, and classic literature such as the complete works of Shakespeare. Stanford Professor Lawrence Lessig also recorded a special video presentation specifically for IPac’s campaign that was included on the Senator’s iPods and is now available for download.
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 4 to developers, adds Apple Watch support
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 2 to developers
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.2, fixing missing ringtones issue
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Report: Apple agrees to accept product inspections from Chinese government
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014