iPad 2 Cases: XtremeMac, Hard Candy, Scosche, more
As expected, companies are continuing to announce new iPad 2 cases prior to the device’s launch this Friday. XtremeMac‘s new lineup includes the Tuffwrap Shine, a form-fitting soft case, the Microshield hard plastic case, the Thin Sleeve with integrated eject tab, and the Tuffshield screen protector in glossy and anti-glare finishes. XtremeMac’s new lineup of accessories for the iPad 2 will be shipping at launch.
Hard Candy’s new iPad 2 offerings include the $40 Street Skin TPU case with a hinged lid and the $45 Candy Convertible folio-style case in faux nubuck; the company’s $50 Bubble Sleeve for iPad is also compatible for the iPad 2. All three are available for order now. Scosche’s lineup for the iPad 2 includes the $50 foldiO p2, a folio-style case with built-in stand, the $40 glosSEE p2, a flexible rubber case, the $30 snapShield p2 hard polycarbonate case, and the $20 klearCoat p2, $25 satinShield p2, and $50 privaSee p2 screen protectors. Scosche’s new iPad 2 accessories will be available later this month.
Case-mate will offer a variety of cases for the iPad 2, including the square-edged Simple case, the Pop! and Clario cases with integrated stands, the form-fitting Gelli case, and the Venture, Leo, and Versant folio-style cases, as well as an anti-fingerprint screen protector. Case-mate’s new accessories are listed as coming soon. NLU Products has announced that it is now taking pre-orders for its BodyGuardz and ScreenGuardz products for the iPad 2, with prices ranging from $20-$30. For a limited time, customers can receive a 15 percent discount on their order by using the code “iPad2” at checkout.
Case Closed is now taking orders for its new iPad 2 cases, which include felt sleeves in grey and charcoal for £23, or roughly $37, as well as sleeves with elastic ties to hold the iPad securely in the case for £29, or roughly $47. Finally, Nedrelow is also taking orders for its iPad 2 sleeves, which are made from wool felt, available in top- or side-loading designs and in three different colors, and priced at $39 each; Nedrelow’s sleeves will ship on March 16.
- Leaked photos appear to show Apple EarPods with Lightning connector
- Cirrus Logic releases development kit for Lightning headphones
- Incipio to acquire Skullcandy
- Jawbone not leaving wearables business, CEO says
- Apple adds Accessibility section to its online store
- Bowers & Wilkins acquired by EVA Automation
- New iPhone pre-orders to start Sept. 9?
- Apple has sold one billion iPhones
- Parkopedia to provide detailed parking information for Apple Maps [Updated]
- Microsoft releases Pix camera app for iPhone
- Adobe launches new Lightroom viewer for Apple TV
- Australian banks team up to push for other mobile payment apps on iPhone
- Report: iPhone 7 may feature 3D Touch home button
- Apple turning ‘Carpool Karaoke’ into an Apple Music exclusive
- Notes from Apple’s Q3 2016 earnings call
- Apple Q3 results: $42.4B revenue, 40M iPhones, 10M iPads sold
- Moe Bull Stand for iPad Air 2 + 9.7” iPad Pro
- Netatmo Tags for Welcome Smart Home Camera
- iDevices Socket HomeKit-enabled Light Adapter
- Koogeek Wi-Fi SmartPlug for Apple HomeKit
- Marbotic Smart Letters for iPad
- Ecoxgear Sol Jam Bluetooth Speaker
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case + Hand Strap for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Braven BRV-1M Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-Blade Bluetooth Speaker
- Invoxia Voice Bridge
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app