iPad 2 Cases: XtremeMac, Hard Candy, Scosche, more
As expected, companies are continuing to announce new iPad 2 cases prior to the device’s launch this Friday. XtremeMac‘s new lineup includes the Tuffwrap Shine, a form-fitting soft case, the Microshield hard plastic case, the Thin Sleeve with integrated eject tab, and the Tuffshield screen protector in glossy and anti-glare finishes. XtremeMac’s new lineup of accessories for the iPad 2 will be shipping at launch.
Hard Candy’s new iPad 2 offerings include the $40 Street Skin TPU case with a hinged lid and the $45 Candy Convertible folio-style case in faux nubuck; the company’s $50 Bubble Sleeve for iPad is also compatible for the iPad 2. All three are available for order now. Scosche’s lineup for the iPad 2 includes the $50 foldiO p2, a folio-style case with built-in stand, the $40 glosSEE p2, a flexible rubber case, the $30 snapShield p2 hard polycarbonate case, and the $20 klearCoat p2, $25 satinShield p2, and $50 privaSee p2 screen protectors. Scosche’s new iPad 2 accessories will be available later this month.
Case-mate will offer a variety of cases for the iPad 2, including the square-edged Simple case, the Pop! and Clario cases with integrated stands, the form-fitting Gelli case, and the Venture, Leo, and Versant folio-style cases, as well as an anti-fingerprint screen protector. Case-mate’s new accessories are listed as coming soon. NLU Products has announced that it is now taking pre-orders for its BodyGuardz and ScreenGuardz products for the iPad 2, with prices ranging from $20-$30. For a limited time, customers can receive a 15 percent discount on their order by using the code “iPad2” at checkout.
Case Closed is now taking orders for its new iPad 2 cases, which include felt sleeves in grey and charcoal for £23, or roughly $37, as well as sleeves with elastic ties to hold the iPad securely in the case for £29, or roughly $47. Finally, Nedrelow is also taking orders for its iPad 2 sleeves, which are made from wool felt, available in top- or side-loading designs and in three different colors, and priced at $39 each; Nedrelow’s sleeves will ship on March 16.
- Mophie debuts new Space lineup
- Philips announces Hue Go connected lamp
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?