iPad 2 poll ends, white iPhone 4 poll begins
With over 3,500 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Did you buy an iPad 2, and if so, what do you think of it?”—has ended. Readers were given a range of positive and negative responses, including one for those who wanted to purchase an iPad 2 but were unable to due low stocks of the devices.
81 percent of those who said they bought an iPad 2—49 percent of overall readers purchased the device—said they were very happy with it, followed by 15 percent who said they were generally satisfied with it, and a scant four percent who said they were slightly underwhelmed with their purchase. Among those who didn’t buy one, 53 percent said they didn’t want one, followed by 35 percent who said they had been trying to purchase one but hadn’t been able to secure a unit. Another 12 percent of non-iPad 2 owners said the device wasn’t yet available in their country. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on the white iPhone 4. We’d like to know if you plan on buying one. Have you been holding out since last June, or recently decide to buy an iPhone and want the white model? Or are you waiting for the next white iPhone, or wanted the black model instead? Or perhaps you wanted the white version originally but settled for the black model, or got tired of waiting for the white model and gave up, or never wanted an iPhone 4 at all? Our new poll—“Will you be buying a white iPhone 4?”—lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Report: Apple’s Siri-based Amazon Echo competitor will be a new Apple TV
- Report: Apple SVP Eddy Cue proposed bid to buy Time Warner
- Beta testing for Pokémon GO begins in the U.S.
- Apple’s plan to open stores in India hits a snag (Update: India’s finance minister ratifies ruling)
- Apple looking into charging stations for electric cars
- Apple hires hint at improvements in encryption, health monitoring
- Hyundai adds CarPlay support to more vehicles
- Plaintiffs file new motion to keep ‘Error 53’ Touch ID lawsuit alive
- Report: Apple developing Siri home speaker to rival Amazon’s Echo; will release Siri SDK at WWDC
- iOS Spotlight search now offers relevant results for some emoji
- OtterBox Symmetry Series Hybrid Case for 12.9” iPad Pro
- Logitech Logi BASE Charging Stand for iPad Pro
- Twelve South TimePorter for Apple Watch
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Incipio Stashback for iPhone 6/6s
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)