iPad Air poll ends, New iPad models poll begins
With over 1,200 votes from readers, our latest poll—Have you or will you be purchasing an iPad Air?—has now ended. With the iPad Air going on sale when the availability date for the Retina iPad mini was uncertain at best, we wanted to know how this affected our readers’ plans for purchasing one or both of the new models.
The overall majority of responses were from readers indicating that they either had already purchased an iPad Air (41%) or were planning to buy one within the near future (13%). Only eleven percent of readers indicated that they were waiting to see the iPad mini before making a purchasing decision, while twelve percent indicated that they had already decided to pass on the iPad Air in favour of the iPad mini with Retina Display. Of the remaining responses, sixteen percent indicated that they weren’t planning to upgrade their existing iPad to one of the new models, while four percent indicated that they were waiting for the next generation before upgrading, and another four percent indicated no interest in the iPad at all.
Now that both the iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina Display are available, we’d like to know which device you think is the better of the two. Our reviews of the iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina Display rated them equally as highly recommended products, albeit for different reasons, but now we’re curious to know what your preferences are, if any. Our latest poll Now that the dust has settled, which of the new iPad models do you prefer? lets you have your say. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- Apple TV poll ends, iWatch poll begins
- Happy Presidents’ Day!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, giveaway update
- Screen protector poll ends, Apple TV poll begins
- Tuesday at CES: Over 30 new reports
- Monday at CES: 25 new previews
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps: Duolingo 3.3, Marvel Unlimited 2.0, Smash Hit + Wave Wave
- Apple running large iPhone 5c ad on NY Times site
- Report: iOS 8 Maps to gain public transit directions
- Apple updates Remote app with improved Apple TV integration
- iOS 7.1 reveals two new iPad models?
- Apple TV 6.1 update released, allows users to hide channels
- Apple releases iOS 7.1
- Apple iPhone trade-in program arrives in Canada
- Apple TV adds iTunes Festival channel
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Doggins
- Grovemade Bamboo iPad Case for iPad mini
- Soundfreaq Sound Rise SFQ-08 Wireless Speaker with Alarm Clock
- Chil PowerShare Reactor 5.1 Amp Multidevice Charger
- TwelveSouth SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number