iPad Mix: Modgrain, WedgePad, iGear, ClayWare, EasyStand
Modgrain has introduced its Modern Wood Stand for the iPad (Pictured). Made from birch wood, the stand features large wooden corners to hold the iPad securely, works in horizontal or vertical orientation, and is supported at a 35 or 50 degree angle by an aluminum bracket that can optionally be mounted to a wall. Modgrain’s Modern Wood Stand for the iPad is available now and sells for $59.
WedgePad has released the WedgePad R1, a new soft iPad stand featuring a bean bag design. It can be used at a 30 or 45 degree angle, and features bands in all four corners for holding the iPad securely, as well as a soft fabric surface. The WedgePad R1 is available now and is priced at $27.
iGear USA is now offering its Metallic Adjustable Stand for the iPad. This stand features a folding design, adjustable legs that allow for six viewing positions from 11 to 60 degrees, the ability to support the iPad in horizontal or vertical orientation, and an included carrying pouch. iGear USA’s Metallic Adjustable Stand for the iPad is available now and sells for $60.
ClayWare Games has debuted its Pad Bracket, a simple wall mounting system for the iPad. Made from anodized aluminum, the Pad Bracket screws into the wall and can hold the iPad securely in horizontal or vertical position. The Pad Bracket is available for pre-order now and is expected to ship in June for $25.
Coregeek is now accepting pre-orders for its EasyStand for iPad (Pictured). Made from MDF, the EasyStand is a four-inch square, 1.5-inch tall stand for the iPad with two felt-lined slots at 20 and 35 degrees, a metallic black or metallic silver enameled finish, and non-slip rubber feet. Coregeek’s EasyStand for iPad is expected to ship in two weeks and sells for $15.
- Apple adds Accessibility section to its online store
- Bowers & Wilkins acquired by EVA Automation
- Invoxia adds Amazon Alexa to Triby
- Logi BASE is first stand to charge iPad Pro through Smart Connector
- Logitech acquires Jaybird
- iPhone 5/5s cases to fit iPhone SE; companies debut cases for iPhone SE + new iPad Pro
- Report: Apple’s Siri-based Amazon Echo competitor will be a new Apple TV
- Report: Apple SVP Eddy Cue proposed bid to buy Time Warner
- Beta testing for Pokémon GO begins in the U.S.
- Apple’s plan to open stores in India hits a snag (Update: India’s finance minister ratifies ruling)
- Apple looking into charging stations for electric cars
- Apple hires hint at improvements in encryption, health monitoring
- Hyundai adds CarPlay support to more vehicles
- Plaintiffs file new motion to keep ‘Error 53’ Touch ID lawsuit alive
- Report: Apple developing Siri home speaker to rival Amazon’s Echo; will release Siri SDK at WWDC
- iOS Spotlight search now offers relevant results for some emoji
- OtterBox Symmetry Series Hybrid Case for 12.9” iPad Pro
- Logitech Logi BASE Charging Stand for iPad Pro
- Twelve South TimePorter for Apple Watch
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Incipio Stashback for iPhone 6/6s
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)