iPad name poll ends, iPod/iPhone use poll begins
Published: Tuesday, February 2, 2010
News Categories: Site News
With over 3,500 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“What are your feelings about the iPad name?”—has ended. Users were given four choices for each gender, with options for those who liked the name, liked the name but don’t plan on purchasing an iPad, dislike the name, and dislike the name but would still consider buying one.
In a rare occurrence, reader opinion on the iPad name was split straight down the middle, with exactly 50% of respondents who said they like the name, and 50% who said they didn’t. Out of our male respondents, the response was split 52/48% between “like” and “don’t like,” with the women showing a more negative 34/66% split. Perhaps more importantly, 62% of overall respondents said that they would consider buying the iPad, with more readers—regardless of gender—saying that they’d consider buying the device even if they didn’t like the name. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on iPod and iPhone use. Aside from making phone calls, we’d like to know what you feel is the most important feature of your iPod or iPhone—the one that you couldn’t live without. Whether it’s audio or video playback, e-mail and web access, games, apps, or camera functionality, our new poll, “Phone calling aside, what’s the most important feature of your iPod or iPhone that you could not live without?” will let you answer that question. You can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge home page—cast your vote today!
- iWatch poll ends, first accessory poll begins
- Apple TV poll ends, iWatch poll begins
- Happy Presidents’ Day!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, giveaway update
- Screen protector poll ends, Apple TV poll begins
- Tuesday at CES: Over 30 new reports
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Cook: New products ‘closer,’ mobile payments ‘really interesting’
- Prong debuts Prong PWR Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2014 earnings call
- Apple announces 7:1 stock split, increased share buyback, dividends
- Apple Q2 2014: 43.7M iPhones, 16.3M iPads, 2.7M iPods
- Former employee says Apple left iOS users vulnerable
- Siri coming to Apple TV?
- Google covering some Samsung defense costs in Apple case
- Changes introduced to Apple’s app content rating system
- iOS 7.1.1 makes in-app purchases clear in Top Grossing chart
- Ele eleMount
- Divoom Voombox Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Pelican ProGear Voyager for iPhone 5/5s
- ZeroChroma Vario-Edge for iPhone 5/5c/5s + Vortex for iPhone 5c
- JBL Synchros S300i Stereo Headphones
- AKG K845BT Over-Ear Bluetooth Headset
- JBL Voyager Home Audio System With Portable Wireless Speaker
- Harman Kardon Esquire Executive Portable Wireless Speaker
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air
- Rokform Fuzion+ for iPhone 5/5s
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac