iPad name poll ends, iPod/iPhone use poll begins
With over 3,500 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“What are your feelings about the iPad name?”—has ended. Users were given four choices for each gender, with options for those who liked the name, liked the name but don’t plan on purchasing an iPad, dislike the name, and dislike the name but would still consider buying one.
In a rare occurrence, reader opinion on the iPad name was split straight down the middle, with exactly 50% of respondents who said they like the name, and 50% who said they didn’t. Out of our male respondents, the response was split 52/48% between “like” and “don’t like,” with the women showing a more negative 34/66% split. Perhaps more importantly, 62% of overall respondents said that they would consider buying the iPad, with more readers—regardless of gender—saying that they’d consider buying the device even if they didn’t like the name. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on iPod and iPhone use. Aside from making phone calls, we’d like to know what you feel is the most important feature of your iPod or iPhone—the one that you couldn’t live without. Whether it’s audio or video playback, e-mail and web access, games, apps, or camera functionality, our new poll, “Phone calling aside, what’s the most important feature of your iPod or iPhone that you could not live without?” will let you answer that question. You can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge home page—cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Report: EU to rule against Apple-Ireland tax deals, recommend Apple pay 1B+ Euros
- Apple sued over unresponsive iPhone 6/6 Plus touchscreen issues
- Apple announces Sept. 7 event
- Philips introduces Hue Motion Sensor
- Photos hint at improved battery for new Apple Watch
- Spotify penalizing artists who release Apple Music exclusives [Update: Spotify responds]
- Apple releases new round of iOS 10 and tvOS 10 betas
- Report: 2017 iPhone to eliminate home button
- Apple to add payment technology to iPhone for transit passes, Apple Pay in Japan
- Apple releases iOS 9.3.5 ‘security update’
- Western Digital My Cloud (OS 3)
- Distil Union Stanley Stand
- Philips Sonicare FlexCare Platinum Connected Bluetooth Toothbrush
- Audeze EL-8 Titanium Over-Ear Headphones
- Defined Corp Dome Stand for Apple Watch and iPhone
- Speck StyleFolio Pencil for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Audeze Sine On-Ear Headphone
- First Alert Onelink Wi-Fi Smoke + Carbon Monoxide Alarm
- Logitech Create 9.7” iPad Pro Keyboard Case
- iDevices Outdoor Switch Power Outlet
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app