iPad name poll ends, iPod/iPhone use poll begins
With over 3,500 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“What are your feelings about the iPad name?”—has ended. Users were given four choices for each gender, with options for those who liked the name, liked the name but don’t plan on purchasing an iPad, dislike the name, and dislike the name but would still consider buying one.
In a rare occurrence, reader opinion on the iPad name was split straight down the middle, with exactly 50% of respondents who said they like the name, and 50% who said they didn’t. Out of our male respondents, the response was split 52/48% between “like” and “don’t like,” with the women showing a more negative 34/66% split. Perhaps more importantly, 62% of overall respondents said that they would consider buying the iPad, with more readers—regardless of gender—saying that they’d consider buying the device even if they didn’t like the name. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on iPod and iPhone use. Aside from making phone calls, we’d like to know what you feel is the most important feature of your iPod or iPhone—the one that you couldn’t live without. Whether it’s audio or video playback, e-mail and web access, games, apps, or camera functionality, our new poll, “Phone calling aside, what’s the most important feature of your iPod or iPhone that you could not live without?” will let you answer that question. You can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge home page—cast your vote today!
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy Holidays from iLounge
- Happy Thanksgiving 2016 from iLounge!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
Subscribe to iLounge Weekly
- Report confirms legitimacy of at least some of the stolen iCloud credentials being held for ransom
- New (PRODUCT)RED iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone SE, and 9.7” iPad now available to order
- Apple Store down again ahead of new iPad, Product(RED) iPhone launch
- Apple acquires automation app Workflow
- Nintendo updates Super Mario Run, makes more courses available for free play
- Apple confirms iCloud and Apple ID systems have not been breached in response to hacker threat
- Hackers claim to have access to millions of iCloud accounts, demand ransom from Apple
- Apple’s Siri in the running to voice control room functions at Marriott’s Aloft hotels
- Apple releases iTunes 12.6 with new cross-device movie rental feature
- Apple introduces Clips video app
- ExoLens PRO with Optics by ZEISS Wide-Angle Lens Kit
- Blue Sadie Headphones
- Circle with Disney Parental Control and Internet Filtering System
- Pioneer Rayz Plus Lightning Connector Earphones
- BEEM United BeMe D200 Lightning Connector Earphones
- Jam Audio JAM Xterior Max Rugged Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- HiFiMAN Edition S Headphones
- Divoom Timebox Mini Bluetooth Speaker
- iClever BoostSound BTS-09 Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundcast VG1 Bluetooth Speaker
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10