iPad now available at select Walmart stores (Updated)
In its continuing effort to expand iPad distribution ahead of the holiday shopping season, Apple has secured a place for the iPad on the shelves of select Walmart stores. Citing an internal Walmart email, Mac Rumors reports that through the end of October, Walmart will be rolling the iPad out to approximately 1,000 stores, with plans to expand iPad sales to another 800 locations in November. The email suggests that Walmart will offer all six models of the iPad, with initial inventory to be limited to five units for the store to which the email was sent. Not long after publishing the initial email screenshots, a photo showing an iPad for sale on the shelves of a Denver, Colorado Walmart was added to the report, indicating that the company’s roll out of the tablet has already begun. In recent weeks, Apple has increased the number of retail outlets carrying the tablet computer by expanding iPad sales to all U.S. Best Buy stores and by rolling the device out at Target stores.
Update: Walmart has confirmed that it will offer all six models of the iPad in hundreds of its stores beginning on Friday, Oct. 15, and will expand to 2,300 stores in November. In addition, Walmart.com will sell the iPad through its Site to Store service, which provides free shipping of online orders to a local Walmart store.
- Apple releases iOS 8
- Report: Apple to unveil new iPads on October 21
- Apple delaying SMS Continuity until October?
- Apple announces App Bundles, Previews, TestFlight
- Apple now accepting iOS 8 app submissions
- Apple releases iOS 8 GM seed to developers
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple Watch to come in 4GB, 8GB versions?
- Apple hits 10 million iPhone 6, 6 Plus sales in first weekend
- Video First Look: iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus support 2.1A charging, ship with 1A adapters
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus unboxing and comparison gallery posted
- iFixit posts teardowns of iPhone 6, 6 Plus
- Apps of the Week: Epic Zen Garden, OmniFocus, Evernote, Pocket + more
- Apple and U2 working on ‘secret project’ to boost music sales
- Apple launches new privacy webpage
- Apple HealthKit not ready for prime time? (Update: Yes)
- Spigen F70Q 7000mAh Dual Portable Quick Charger
- Apple Inc. iOS 8
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad mini
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels