iPad pre-order poll ends, accessory poll begins
With nearly 2,300 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—Did you pre-order the iPad, and if so, which one?—has ended. Readers could choose between all six iPad models, both Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi + 3G, or say they hadn’t pre-ordered the device.
Somewhat surprisingly, 42% of readers said they had pre-ordered the iPad, with 58% saying they passed on pre-ordering. Among those that did pre-order, readers leaned towards higher capacity versions of both models, with slightly higher numbers for the Wi-Fi only models than the Wi-Fi + 3G ones. Roughly 25% of pre-ordering readers purchased a 64GB Wi-Fi iPad, followed closely by those who pre-ordered a 32GB Wi-Fi model (23%), and those who ordered the top-of-the-line 64GB Wi-Fi + 3G iPad (22%). Another 20% of pre-ordering readers bought the 16GB Wi-Fi model, 7% ordered the 32GB Wi-Fi + 3G version, while only 3% pre-ordered the 16GB Wi-Fi + 3G model. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on accessory purchases. We’d like to know where you buy most of your iPod and iPhone accessories. Do you shop predominantly at the Apple Store online, an Apple retail store, or online at Amazon? Or perhaps you prefer to purchase your accessories from Target or Best Buy, either in-store or online, or maybe you order direct from the manufacturer, from eBay, or from other online or local retailer? Or maybe you don’t purchase accessories for your iPod or iPhone? Our new poll—“Where do you buy most of your iPod and/or iPhone accessories?”—lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Apple accuses Spotify of ‘asking for preferential treatment’ in response letter
- WSJ: Apple ‘in talks’ to acquire Tidal
- Spotify claims Apple anti-competitively blocking Spotify app update
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren accuses Apple, others, of locking out competition
- Cirrus Logic releases development kit for Lightning headphones
- Report details Apple Music’s vision for exclusive content
- Walgreens adds digital coupons to Apple Pay
- China orders Apple and others to monitor, report on app users
- South Korea regulators investigating Apple
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 26
- Nyne Rebel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip A/V
- ClamCase ClamCase+ for iPad Air 2
- Philips Hue White Ambience Starter Kit
- Naim Audio Mu-so Qb Speaker
- Phiaton BT 460 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
- Zagg Slim Book for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Element Case Ronin for iPhone 6/6s
- JBL Clip 2 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- Audio-Technica ATH-SR5BT Wireless On-Ear Headphones
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app