iPad pre-order poll ends, accessory poll begins
With nearly 2,300 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—Did you pre-order the iPad, and if so, which one?—has ended. Readers could choose between all six iPad models, both Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi + 3G, or say they hadn’t pre-ordered the device.
Somewhat surprisingly, 42% of readers said they had pre-ordered the iPad, with 58% saying they passed on pre-ordering. Among those that did pre-order, readers leaned towards higher capacity versions of both models, with slightly higher numbers for the Wi-Fi only models than the Wi-Fi + 3G ones. Roughly 25% of pre-ordering readers purchased a 64GB Wi-Fi iPad, followed closely by those who pre-ordered a 32GB Wi-Fi model (23%), and those who ordered the top-of-the-line 64GB Wi-Fi + 3G iPad (22%). Another 20% of pre-ordering readers bought the 16GB Wi-Fi model, 7% ordered the 32GB Wi-Fi + 3G version, while only 3% pre-ordered the 16GB Wi-Fi + 3G model. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on accessory purchases. We’d like to know where you buy most of your iPod and iPhone accessories. Do you shop predominantly at the Apple Store online, an Apple retail store, or online at Amazon? Or perhaps you prefer to purchase your accessories from Target or Best Buy, either in-store or online, or maybe you order direct from the manufacturer, from eBay, or from other online or local retailer? Or maybe you don’t purchase accessories for your iPod or iPhone? Our new poll—“Where do you buy most of your iPod and/or iPhone accessories?”—lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Apple’s new ‘Echo rival’ may feature a camera
- Apple ‘working rapidly’ to extend Apple Pay to more countries
- Report: Apple’s Siri-based Amazon Echo competitor will be a new Apple TV
- Report: Apple SVP Eddy Cue proposed bid to buy Time Warner
- Beta testing for Pokémon GO begins in the U.S.
- Apple’s plan to open stores in India hits a snag (Update: India’s finance minister ratifies ruling)
- Apple looking into charging stations for electric cars
- Apple hires hint at improvements in encryption, health monitoring
- Hyundai adds CarPlay support to more vehicles
- Plaintiffs file new motion to keep ‘Error 53’ Touch ID lawsuit alive
- OtterBox Symmetry Series Hybrid Case for 12.9” iPad Pro
- Logitech Logi BASE Charging Stand for iPad Pro
- Twelve South TimePorter for Apple Watch
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Incipio Stashback for iPhone 6/6s
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)