iPADD: Text Input-On-The-Go for iPod
Free iPADD for Apple iPod (docking connector iPods only). Want a quick and easy way to input basic text into an iPod? Look no further. iPADD is a set of 78 “blank” mp3’s (they’re each 4k in size). Each mp3 file is labeled with a unique character or word (“Palm-like” information, days of the week, months, spaces for contacts and an alpha-numeric set).
To use iPADD, simply create a new playlist in iTunes (called “iPADD” for example) and drag the downloaded iPADD folder to that playlist. The mp3 files will automatically be added to iTunes in the correct order.
When using iPADD on your handheld, navigate to your newly created iPADD playlist and hold the iPod’s “select” button for roughly two seconds (the selected name will flash three times). To view your note, navigate to your “On-The-Go” playlist, standard with all new iPods, and you’ll see your new note!
Important Notes: Remember, your On-The-Go playlist will be deleted when you attach your iPod to your computer, so make sure to check your created notes before you plug the iPod in.
- iOS Spotlight search now offers relevant results for some emoji
- Apple releases first developer betas for iOS 9.3.3, tvOS 9.2.2
- Apple releases iOS 9.3.2, watchOS 2.2.1, tvOS 9.2.1, iTunes 12.4
- iPhone tops Time’s list of most influential gadgets
- Apple releases fourth developer betas for iOS 9.3.2, tvOS 9.2.1
- Nintendo bringing Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing to iOS
- Report: Developers losing interest in making watchOS apps
- Source: New AI set to give Siri a massive improvement
- India officially rejects Apple’s bid to sell used iPhones
- Apple’s new ‘Echo rival’ may feature a camera
- Apple ‘working rapidly’ to extend Apple Pay to more countries
- Report: Apple’s Siri-based Amazon Echo competitor will be a new Apple TV
- Report: Apple SVP Eddy Cue proposed bid to buy Time Warner
- Beta testing for Pokémon GO begins in the U.S.
- Apple’s plan to open stores in India hits a snag (Update: India’s finance minister ratifies ruling)
- Apple looking into charging stations for electric cars
- OtterBox Symmetry Series Hybrid Case for 12.9” iPad Pro
- Logitech Logi BASE Charging Stand for iPad Pro
- Twelve South TimePorter for Apple Watch
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Incipio Stashback for iPhone 6/6s
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)