iPed iPod stand matches iMac G5, Cinema Displays | iLounge News

iPed iPod stand matches iMac G5, Cinema Displays

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Tuesday, February 15, 2005
News Categories: iPod Accessories

pic Thought Out has announced the iPed, a new iPod stand that takes design cues from Apple’s iMac G5 and the company’s line of Cinema Displays. The all-metal stand has a hard powder coat finish and comes in either white or gray. It features sole footing and an anti-pull through grommet design for your iPod’s FireWire or USB cable. The iPed, available for $27.99, works with all third- and fourth-generation iPods.

« iLounge announces first 2005 Buyers’ Guide, 2 New Contests

Mix: Sony Ericsson, Apple celebs, British teens, Merrill Lynch »

Comments

Looks pretty cool to me. A bit pricey, but nice idea.

Posted by MonkeyStyle in Vancouver BC on February 15, 2005 at 10:44 AM (PDT)

I like it.

Posted by iPodNod in London, UK on February 15, 2005 at 1:29 PM (PDT)

the look is nice, and design is nice but the funtionality is poor and the product is a lil pricey. i would pay no more than 15 bucks including shipping for this.

Posted by frankthetank on February 15, 2005 at 2:23 PM (PDT)

i give it an A+

Posted by petro on February 15, 2005 at 2:25 PM (PDT)

Of course it’s pricey…it’s an iPod Accessory!

Posted by PushButtonAction in Atlanta, GA on February 15, 2005 at 2:27 PM (PDT)

Needs an integrated link to the ipod cable (similar to apple’s model). I prefer the ease of being able to “plop” my ipod right into place.

Posted by Derek in Chicago, IL on February 15, 2005 at 4:59 PM (PDT)

I’d like to see steel-belted radials and a Le Mans stripe. . . .

Cool, but pricey.

Posted by Dingleberry on February 15, 2005 at 7:55 PM (PDT)

Drop the price to $17.99 and I’ll buy one.

Posted by Galley in Greenville, SC on February 15, 2005 at 9:44 PM (PDT)

It’s too bad it didn’t suspend it the way a real G5 is suspended - without the surrounding cradle.
Would it affect the iPod if it was suspended magnetically?
I also think an integrated link for the cable is a good idea - turn it from a stand into a cool dock.

Posted by MonkeyStyle in Vancouver BC on February 16, 2005 at 1:45 AM (PDT)

Yes it would affect the iPod if it was suspended magnetically. The iPod, as we all know, has a hard drive.

And Hard Drives + Magnets = BAD

Posted by iPodNod in London, UK on February 16, 2005 at 4:54 AM (PDT)

Why a stand or dock that hasn’t been created to accompany a case is beyond me.

Posted by mflat5 in USA on February 16, 2005 at 5:35 AM (PDT)

Silly design - every time I slide my iPod in I have to be careful about the wire or connect it afterwards? For the price it should contain a fully functioning dock!

Posted by david_b on February 16, 2005 at 5:42 AM (PDT)

And! I bet it doesn’t work if the iPod is in the skin.

Posted by david_b on February 16, 2005 at 5:43 AM (PDT)

well the speck flip stand is integerated with the stand.  plug and charge!!!

i feels its the best case/stand combo around….only negative is it ads a bit of bulk

Posted by rivlinm in saint louis on February 16, 2005 at 12:33 PM (PDT)