iPhone 3.0 App Updates: MLB, Smule, ngmoco, more
The release of iPhone OS 3.0 for the iPhone and iPod touch has brought with it a slew of new application updates, developed to take advantage of the upgraded software. Instead of breaking all these updates out into separate stories, we’ve decided to list them in this single spot; we will update this story as more news of major application updates rolls in.
MLB.com At Bat 2009: Thanks to the enhanced video streaming support in iPhone OS 3.0, MLB.com’s At Bat 2009 application will begin offering up to two streaming, full-length live games per day, starting today. In addition, the company plans to will roll out the entire slate of out-of-market games currently offered through its premier live streaming video product, MLB.TV Premium, as part of MLB.com At Bat 2009. The application is available now for $10.
Smule Leaf Trombone World Stage: Smule has updated its virtual instrument app Leaf Trombone World Stage to take advantage of new iPhone OS 3.0 features. Users will now be able to play together in a new Duet Mode, which takes advantage of new Bluetooth-based peer-to-peer features, and will be able to receive push notifications regarding opportunities to judge friends, learn recent results of their own performances, and track individual achievements. Leaf Trombone World Stage sells for $1.
ngmoco Star Defense: ngmoco has updated its Star Defense game for iPhone OS 3.0, adding the ability for users to send direct challenges to friends via Push Notification, Twitter, Facebook, or e-mail. Also new in the update is support for the new Plus+ gaming community, and a new planet in Challenge Mode. During last week’s WWDC ‘09 Keynote Address, In-App Purchases were also shown for the title, however, these enhancements are not available in the latest update. Star Defense is available for $6. In addition, ngmoco has also updated Topple 2, adding the ability to play and control iPod music, complete with playlists, from within the game. Topple 2 sells for $3.
Evernote: Evernote has updated its application for the iPhone and iPod touch to take advantage of the 3.0 upgrade, with new features including full note list syncing for smoother browsing and quick filtering, the ability to delete or edit pending notes while they sync, the ability to group notes by date, notebook, or location, simplified snapshot and voice note creation, support for integration with other iPhone applications, and more. Evernote is available as a free download from the App Store.
Freeverse Flick Fishing: The latest update to Flick Fishing offers both peer-to-peer connectivity through a new challenge mode called Fish Jack, in which players attempt to catch fish up to a target weight without going over. Similar to Blackjack, the challenge mode features eight locations and both familiar and unseen fish. In addition, a new In-App Purchase—the Private Beach Pack—is available, which includes a new fishing location, three new fish, and one exclusive “named” fish. Flick Fishing is priced at $1 and is available now.
- An Octave Higher, Broken Age, Week Weather, Apple Store, Amazon Instant Video + more
- Apple rejects Apple Watch apps that just tell time, requires independent approval for certain health apps
- Does not Commute, Pursuit of Light, Tiltagon, Lightroom, Keynote + PowerPoint
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Halo: Spartan Bundle, Cut!, Sago Mini Toolbox, Chrome, System Monitor + Tumblr
- Report: New 12.9” iPad will feature Force Touch, Bluetooth stylus, NFC
- Apple asking music labels to kill Spotify’s free streaming tier
- Apple updates support article confirming Apple Watch tattoo issue
- Apple reportedly hires four more producers from BBC Radio 1
- Limited Apple Watch supplies due to faulty taptic engine?
- Twitter CEO hints at larger Spotlight integration
- Problem with iPad app grounds American Airlines flights
- Users with arm tattoos report problems with Apple Watch sensors
- China outpaces U.S. in iPhone sales for first time
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Skech SkechBook for iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?