iPhone 3G launch poll ends, App Store poll begins
With over 3,300 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“How do you think Apple has handled the iPhone 3G’s debut?”—has ended. Readers were given several choices ranging between great or better than expected to bad or worse than expected.
Readers were very split on the product’s debut, with 29% positive, 15% neutral, and 48% negative. Only 6% of responding readers said that Apple did a “Great job” with the iPhone 3G’s launch, while 11% felt it went better than they expected, although with some issues. A combined 36% of readers felt the 3G launch went just as they expected, with 12% saying it was “good,” 15% saying it was handled “okay,” and 9% saying they expected it to be handled badly, and felt it was. 39% of readers — nearly 4 out of every 10 — were at least upset by what they felt was a worse than expected handling of the iPhone 3G launch. 25% were “upset” that the launch was handled worse than they expected, while another 14% felt it went a lot worse than they expected, and said they are losing their faith. Finally, 9% of readers said they had either not paid attention, or simply didn’t care. Thanks for your responses!
Our new poll focuses on the just-launched App Store for iPhone and iPod touch applications. Now that we’ve all had a few days to try it out, we want to know how you feel about it. Is there a wide enough variety of apps, and are they priced fairly? The new poll, “What do you think of the App Store so far?” lets you answer that question. As always, the iLounge Poll is on the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- Happy Thanksgiving 2016 from iLounge!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Apple offering hands-on demos of Super Mario Run in stores
- Report: Apple pursuing studio agreements for early movie rentals
- Apple releases seventh beta of iOS 10.2 to developers
- Apple makes its picks for best iPhone, iPad and Apple TV apps of 2016
- Apple acknowledges Apple Music now includes ‘all the benefits of iTunes Match’
- Apple Music tops 20 million subscribers
- Apple blames ‘external factors’ for iPhone fires in China
- Rumor: 2017 iPhones won’t include glass chassis or wireless charging; will add red color
- Top Apple supplier Foxconn planning U.S. investment
- Apple enables Single Sign-On across all iOS 10 and tvOS 10 devices
- Elgato Eve Light Switch
- iHome iPLWBT5 Docking Clock Radio for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Brydge 12.9 iPad Pro Keyboard
- Sen.se GuardPeanut
- iHome iZBT10 Zenergy Bedside Sleep Therapy Speaker
- Twelve South HiRise Duet for Apple Watch and iPhone
- IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitor
- JBL Under Armour Sport Wireless Heart Rate Headphones
- Edifier e235 Luna E Speaker System
- Clamcase ClamCase+ for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10