iPhone 3G launch poll ends, App Store poll begins
With over 3,300 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“How do you think Apple has handled the iPhone 3G’s debut?”—has ended. Readers were given several choices ranging between great or better than expected to bad or worse than expected.
Readers were very split on the product’s debut, with 29% positive, 15% neutral, and 48% negative. Only 6% of responding readers said that Apple did a “Great job” with the iPhone 3G’s launch, while 11% felt it went better than they expected, although with some issues. A combined 36% of readers felt the 3G launch went just as they expected, with 12% saying it was “good,” 15% saying it was handled “okay,” and 9% saying they expected it to be handled badly, and felt it was. 39% of readers — nearly 4 out of every 10 — were at least upset by what they felt was a worse than expected handling of the iPhone 3G launch. 25% were “upset” that the launch was handled worse than they expected, while another 14% felt it went a lot worse than they expected, and said they are losing their faith. Finally, 9% of readers said they had either not paid attention, or simply didn’t care. Thanks for your responses!
Our new poll focuses on the just-launched App Store for iPhone and iPod touch applications. Now that we’ve all had a few days to try it out, we want to know how you feel about it. Is there a wide enough variety of apps, and are they priced fairly? The new poll, “What do you think of the App Store so far?” lets you answer that question. As always, the iLounge Poll is on the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Report: Apple now prioritizing autonomous driving system in car project
- WSJ: Apple’s ‘hard-charging’ approach unsuccessful in negotiations with TV networks
- Video purports to show official Lightning to 3.5mm headphone adapter
- New iPhone pre-orders to start Sept. 9?
- Apple has sold one billion iPhones
- Parkopedia to provide detailed parking information for Apple Maps [Updated]
- Microsoft releases Pix camera app for iPhone
- Adobe launches new Lightroom viewer for Apple TV
- Australian banks team up to push for other mobile payment apps on iPhone
- Report: iPhone 7 may feature 3D Touch home button
- Moe Bull Stand for iPad Air 2 + 9.7” iPad Pro
- Netatmo Tags for Welcome Smart Home Camera
- iDevices Socket HomeKit-enabled Light Adapter
- Koogeek Wi-Fi SmartPlug for Apple HomeKit
- Marbotic Smart Letters for iPad
- Ecoxgear Sol Jam Bluetooth Speaker
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case + Hand Strap for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Braven BRV-1M Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-Blade Bluetooth Speaker
- Invoxia Voice Bridge
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app