iPhone 3G rate plan poll ends, Apple debut poll begins
Our most recent iLounge Poll, “Have recent iPhone 3G rate plan disclosures changed your mind about buying one?,” has ended. With over 2,500 votes, the poll indicated a strong late shift in purchasing intent based upon pricing announcements made after Apple claimed that the new iPhone offered “twice the speed” at “half the price” of its predecessor. A full 41% of responding readers indicated that the costs of local rates had scuttled their plans to buy the iPhone 3G, while only 2% said that their local rate plans made the device more attractive. By comparison, 37% said that they were not surprised by the rates and were still planning to buy one, while 20% indicated that they had not planned to buy one, and the rates didn’t change their minds. Thanks for your responses!
We have just opened our new poll, “How do you think Apple has handled the iPhone 3G’s debut?” A variety of choices, ranging from great to bad to “don’t care” are available, allowing you to also express whether Apple met, surpassed, or fell below your expectations. The new iLounge Poll can be found on our main iLounge.com homepage in the left-hand column. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- Apple acquires Metaio, an augmented reality company
- Apple stuck with court-appointed antitrust monitor
- Apple to unveil rewards system for Apple Pay
- GM bringing CarPlay to 14 of its 2016 Chevy models
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Apple may debut new ‘Proactive’ assistant with iOS 9
- Google Search will soon surface content from iOS apps
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Report: iOS 9 to feature Force Touch support, updated keyboard
- Spigen Apple Watch Stand S330
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?