iPhone 3G rate plan poll ends, Apple debut poll begins
Our most recent iLounge Poll, “Have recent iPhone 3G rate plan disclosures changed your mind about buying one?,” has ended. With over 2,500 votes, the poll indicated a strong late shift in purchasing intent based upon pricing announcements made after Apple claimed that the new iPhone offered “twice the speed” at “half the price” of its predecessor. A full 41% of responding readers indicated that the costs of local rates had scuttled their plans to buy the iPhone 3G, while only 2% said that their local rate plans made the device more attractive. By comparison, 37% said that they were not surprised by the rates and were still planning to buy one, while 20% indicated that they had not planned to buy one, and the rates didn’t change their minds. Thanks for your responses!
We have just opened our new poll, “How do you think Apple has handled the iPhone 3G’s debut?” A variety of choices, ranging from great to bad to “don’t care” are available, allowing you to also express whether Apple met, surpassed, or fell below your expectations. The new iLounge Poll can be found on our main iLounge.com homepage in the left-hand column. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Apple’s new ‘Echo rival’ may feature a camera
- Apple ‘working rapidly’ to extend Apple Pay to more countries
- Report: Apple’s Siri-based Amazon Echo competitor will be a new Apple TV
- Report: Apple SVP Eddy Cue proposed bid to buy Time Warner
- Beta testing for Pokémon GO begins in the U.S.
- Apple’s plan to open stores in India hits a snag (Update: India’s finance minister ratifies ruling)
- Apple looking into charging stations for electric cars
- Apple hires hint at improvements in encryption, health monitoring
- Hyundai adds CarPlay support to more vehicles
- Plaintiffs file new motion to keep ‘Error 53’ Touch ID lawsuit alive
- OtterBox Symmetry Series Hybrid Case for 12.9” iPad Pro
- Logitech Logi BASE Charging Stand for iPad Pro
- Twelve South TimePorter for Apple Watch
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Incipio Stashback for iPhone 6/6s
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)