iPhone 3G rate plan poll starts, iPod shuffle poll ends
With over 2,900 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“What should Apple do with the iPod shuffle?”—has ended. Readers were given the choice between keeping the shuffle, killing it, or changing it in one of several ways.
While 16% of responding readers said that the iPod shuffle was “perfect as-is,” more than twice as many (34%) voted that it should be discontinued in favor of less expensive iPod nanos. Yet a full 50% of voters said that the shuffle should be updated into a third-generation version, varying in what they wanted to see a new shuffle do. Many readers (19%) wanted to see Apple merge the simple iPod shuffle features into a different shell, such as a watch, earphones, or another device. Another 15% wanted to see Apple make the iPod shuffle wireless, while 11% wanted more storage capacity. Only 5% of readers wanted to see Apple shrink it further. Thanks for your responses!
Our new poll is a follow-up to one we launched last month. Right after Apple announced the iPhone 3G, we asked whether you would buy it. Now that voice, data, and SMS prices have been announced in countries all around the world, we want to know whether those prices have changed your mind about making a purchase. The new poll, “Have recent iPhone 3G rate plan disclosures changed your mind about buying one?” lets you answer that question. As always, the iLounge Poll is on the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- August adds Motion Detection, Video Recording to Doorbell Cam
- Black hat security firm triples exploit bounty to $1.5m in wake of improved iOS 10 security features
- BMW acknowledges Bluetooth problems with iPhone 7
- Apple announces ‘Game of Thrones: Enhanced Edition’ interactive iBooks
- Apple announces App Store Search Ads
- Apple announces iOS business development partnership with Deloitte
- Apple logs iMessage contact info, could be compelled to offer info to police
- Apple reportedly calls in hackers for meeting on bug bounty program
- Apple creating new London headquarters
- Honeywell debuts Lyric T5 HomeKit-enabled smart thermostat
- IK Multimedia iRig HD 2
- 808 Audio XS Sport Rugged Wireless Speaker
- Mass Fidelity Core Bluetooth Speaker
- Thought Out Simplex Tablet iPad Stand
- SmartX Galaxy ZEGA Starter Kit
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus Leather Case
- Apple Watch Series 2
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- Twelve South HiRise 2 for iPhone + iPad
- Nomad Pod Pro for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps