iPhone 3GS accessory issues blamed on software?
An ongoing iPhone 3GS issue where Works With iPhone-certified accessories bring up an error when connected is being blamed on software. Based on a reader report and two Apple discussion board threads, it appears that some iPhone 3GS users are greeted by an error that reads “This accessory is not made to work with iPhone - Charging is not supported with this accessory” when connecting certain WWI accessories, with Mophie’s Juice Pack Air cited in many cases. iLounge contacted Mophie to ask about the issue, and the company blamed the problem on a 3GS-specific software issue.
“We have seen a brand-new iPhone 3GS that was plugged in an AT&T store demo Apple iPhone Dock and the 3GS screen shows that the accessory(Apple Charging Dock) is not an authorized Work with iPhone accessory,” the company said in an email to iLounge. “As related to Juice Pack Air, this issue will usually goes away after the consumer fully recharge the Juice Pack Air or reconnecting to the iPhone 3GS. If this issue is consistently showing, please have the consumer call or email us, we would [gladly] replace it with a new one and get the other one back for study. [We are] confident that Apple has discovered this issue with many of its own accessories as well and hopefully this issue will go away completely with a new software update.”
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 2 to developers
- Toyota currently has ‘no plans’ to adopt CarPlay in the US
- Report: Apple to release iOS public betas
- Apple extends two-step verification to FaceTime, iMessage
- Apple raises size limit for Apps to 4GB
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple adds vehicles to list of company’s activities in Switzerland
- Cook: Apple Watch to be available outside U.S. in April
- Apple Watch to have low energy ‘Power Reserve’ mode
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?