iPhone 3GS accessory issues blamed on software?
An ongoing iPhone 3GS issue where Works With iPhone-certified accessories bring up an error when connected is being blamed on software. Based on a reader report and two Apple discussion board threads, it appears that some iPhone 3GS users are greeted by an error that reads “This accessory is not made to work with iPhone - Charging is not supported with this accessory” when connecting certain WWI accessories, with Mophie’s Juice Pack Air cited in many cases. iLounge contacted Mophie to ask about the issue, and the company blamed the problem on a 3GS-specific software issue.
“We have seen a brand-new iPhone 3GS that was plugged in an AT&T store demo Apple iPhone Dock and the 3GS screen shows that the accessory(Apple Charging Dock) is not an authorized Work with iPhone accessory,” the company said in an email to iLounge. “As related to Juice Pack Air, this issue will usually goes away after the consumer fully recharge the Juice Pack Air or reconnecting to the iPhone 3GS. If this issue is consistently showing, please have the consumer call or email us, we would [gladly] replace it with a new one and get the other one back for study. [We are] confident that Apple has discovered this issue with many of its own accessories as well and hopefully this issue will go away completely with a new software update.”
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 4 to developers, adds Apple Watch support
- Apple Pay coming to Canada in March?
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 2 to developers
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.2, fixing missing ringtones issue
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Report: Apple agrees to accept product inspections from Chinese government
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Apple acquires music analytics firm Semetric
- Apple terminates Crimean developer agreements due to U.S. sanctions
- Apple commemorates Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air 2
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014