iPhone 3GS poll ends, iPod classic poll begins
With more than 3,100 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Will you be purchasing an iPhone 3GS?”—has ended. iPhone 3G and iPhone users had separate positive response options, as did those planning to purchase the iPhone 3GS for whom the new model will be their first iPhone or iPod touch. Reasons against buying included upgrade pricing, displeasure with the local carrier, happiness with the original iPhone, and lack of appeal.
Amazingly, 58% of all respondents said that they were planning to purchase the new model. Nearly a quarter of respondents—24%—said they planned to purchase an iPhone 3GS as their first iPhone or iPod touch, followed by 19% of readers who said they weren’t upgrading their iPhone or iPhone 3G because the pricing is too expensive. 18% of readers said they would be upgrading from an original iPhone to the 3GS, with another 16% planning to upgrade from the iPhone 3G. 10% of readers said they were skipping the 3GS because they don’t care for the device’s carrier in their region, 8% said they weren’t upgrading because they were happy with their original iPhones, and 6% said they weren’t purchasing an iPhone 3GS because it didn’t appeal to them. Thanks for all your responses!
Our new poll focuses on the iPod classic. We’d like to know if you think Apple should update its longest-running iPod model, the iPod classic. Should they update it, but only if they add a combination of new features and more capacity? Or would you be satisfied with one or the other? Are you more interested in the iPod nano, iPod touch, or iPhone, or do you not care, as the size and fragile nature of hard drive-based storage make it a non-starter? Our new poll, “Should Apple update the iPod classic?” lets you answer that question. You can find the iLounge Poll in the left hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Apple releases first developer betas for iOS 9.3.3, tvOS 9.2.2
- More iPhone 7 leaks surface, protruding camera seen
- Apple pulls iOS 9.3.2 update for 9.7” iPad Pro due to ‘bricking’ issues
- Report: CarPlay coming to BMW vehicles later this year
- Report: One iPhone model to use a glass casing next year
- Apple opening Maps development office in India
- Apple eyeing partnerships with Indian phone companies
- Apple engineers visit musician’s home, are stumped by iTunes deletions
- China scrutinizing Apple over security concerns
- Report: Apple to open three retail stores in India before 2018
- OtterBox Symmetry Series Hybrid Case for 12.9” iPad Pro
- Logitech Logi BASE Charging Stand for iPad Pro
- Twelve South TimePorter for Apple Watch
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Incipio Stashback for iPhone 6/6s
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)