iPhone 3GS poll ends, iPod classic poll begins
With more than 3,100 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Will you be purchasing an iPhone 3GS?”—has ended. iPhone 3G and iPhone users had separate positive response options, as did those planning to purchase the iPhone 3GS for whom the new model will be their first iPhone or iPod touch. Reasons against buying included upgrade pricing, displeasure with the local carrier, happiness with the original iPhone, and lack of appeal.
Amazingly, 58% of all respondents said that they were planning to purchase the new model. Nearly a quarter of respondents—24%—said they planned to purchase an iPhone 3GS as their first iPhone or iPod touch, followed by 19% of readers who said they weren’t upgrading their iPhone or iPhone 3G because the pricing is too expensive. 18% of readers said they would be upgrading from an original iPhone to the 3GS, with another 16% planning to upgrade from the iPhone 3G. 10% of readers said they were skipping the 3GS because they don’t care for the device’s carrier in their region, 8% said they weren’t upgrading because they were happy with their original iPhones, and 6% said they weren’t purchasing an iPhone 3GS because it didn’t appeal to them. Thanks for all your responses!
Our new poll focuses on the iPod classic. We’d like to know if you think Apple should update its longest-running iPod model, the iPod classic. Should they update it, but only if they add a combination of new features and more capacity? Or would you be satisfied with one or the other? Are you more interested in the iPod nano, iPod touch, or iPhone, or do you not care, as the size and fragile nature of hard drive-based storage make it a non-starter? Our new poll, “Should Apple update the iPod classic?” lets you answer that question. You can find the iLounge Poll in the left hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Notes from Apple’s Q3 2016 earnings call
- Apple Q3 results: $42.4B revenue, 40M iPhones, 10M iPads sold
- Researchers expose security flaw in Osram smart bulbs
- Cops bust ‘criminal enterprise’ using stolen credit cards at Chicago-area Apple stores
- Update in iOS 10 allows for autoplay of silent videos in Safari
- WSJ: Apple brings in trusted executive Mansfield to head Apple Car project
- CarPlay to be available in all 2017 Ford models
- Rumors claim new iPhone will be released Sept. 16, could have ‘iPhone 6 SE’ name
- Photos claim to show alleged ‘iPad Pro 2’
- Apple to sell limited-edition Olympic Apple Watch bands exclusively in Brazil
- Moe Bull Stand for iPad Air 2 + 9.7” iPad Pro
- Netatmo Tags for Welcome Smart Home Camera
- iDevices Socket HomeKit-enabled Light Adapter
- Koogeek Wi-Fi SmartPlug for Apple HomeKit
- Marbotic Smart Letters for iPad
- Ecoxgear Sol Jam Bluetooth Speaker
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case + Hand Strap for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Braven BRV-1M Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-Blade Bluetooth Speaker
- Invoxia Voice Bridge
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app