iPhone 3GS poll ends, iPod classic poll begins
With more than 3,100 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Will you be purchasing an iPhone 3GS?”—has ended. iPhone 3G and iPhone users had separate positive response options, as did those planning to purchase the iPhone 3GS for whom the new model will be their first iPhone or iPod touch. Reasons against buying included upgrade pricing, displeasure with the local carrier, happiness with the original iPhone, and lack of appeal.
Amazingly, 58% of all respondents said that they were planning to purchase the new model. Nearly a quarter of respondents—24%—said they planned to purchase an iPhone 3GS as their first iPhone or iPod touch, followed by 19% of readers who said they weren’t upgrading their iPhone or iPhone 3G because the pricing is too expensive. 18% of readers said they would be upgrading from an original iPhone to the 3GS, with another 16% planning to upgrade from the iPhone 3G. 10% of readers said they were skipping the 3GS because they don’t care for the device’s carrier in their region, 8% said they weren’t upgrading because they were happy with their original iPhones, and 6% said they weren’t purchasing an iPhone 3GS because it didn’t appeal to them. Thanks for all your responses!
Our new poll focuses on the iPod classic. We’d like to know if you think Apple should update its longest-running iPod model, the iPod classic. Should they update it, but only if they add a combination of new features and more capacity? Or would you be satisfied with one or the other? Are you more interested in the iPod nano, iPod touch, or iPhone, or do you not care, as the size and fragile nature of hard drive-based storage make it a non-starter? Our new poll, “Should Apple update the iPod classic?” lets you answer that question. You can find the iLounge Poll in the left hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Vote today!
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Apple may debut new ‘Proactive’ assistant with iOS 9
- Google Search will soon surface content from iOS apps
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Report: iOS 9 to feature Force Touch support, updated keyboard
- Microsoft confirms Cortana coming to iOS this year
- Apple creates Chief Design Officer role for Jony Ive
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?