iPhone 3GS users complain of reboots with iOS 4 | iLounge News

iPhone 3GS users complain of reboots with iOS 4

A large number of iPhone 3GS users are experiencing random reboots during phone calls after upgrading to iOS 4. An Apple discussion thread dating back to June 22 and now over 900 replies chronicles the issue, which sees most affected 3GS units rebooting without any provocation from the user roughly 4-5 minutes into any telephone call. The only proven solution, according to several of the affected users, is to have the phone replaced. Coincidentally, a Los Angeles Times story from today quotes Apple spokeswoman Natalie Harrison as saying, “we’re not receiving any reports regarding [iOS 4] being an issue with the iPhone 3GS.” Apple has yet to publicly acknowledge the problem. [Thanks, Palia]

« iOS 4.1 Beta 3 enables e-mail based FaceTime calls

Latest iLounge Weekly newsletter coming soon »

Comments

Hello,

I’ve got the issue, not only during phone calls.
As a matter of fact the phone (3GS 32 Gb 2009/11) reboots very ofen no matter what application I use.
But well I love my iPhone and even with that problem ... I think the improvement of iOS4 are so valuable.
@+

Posted by Christophe Fankhauser on August 9, 2010 at 3:47 AM (PDT)

I haven’t had any reboots since I upgraded my 3gs to ios4.1, but now the ipod app won’t work. I bring it up and it’ll stay up for about a second then just goes away. Anyone know how to fix this?

Posted by 82 on August 9, 2010 at 11:21 AM (PDT)

My 3G reboots on it’s own a few times per week, so it’s not a 3GS only issue. iOS4+ was an awful upgrade for 3G users.

Posted by Adam in MN on August 9, 2010 at 2:12 PM (PDT)

16g 3Gs on 4.0.1 My phone randomly reboots after being on the phone 3-4 minutes. It is very annoying! At times it keeps rebooting for the same number for several times when the conversation is pretty long. Annoying especially when on business calls.

Posted by Arsad Thinoon on August 10, 2010 at 6:01 PM (PDT)

My 3GS reboots as well, and all Apple releases is a release for larger signal bars and one for malicious PDFs??

They need to understand that this is a major problem and we need a fix!

Posted by GR on August 12, 2010 at 3:34 AM (PDT)

I also have the reboot during call “feature” since the iOS4 update to my 3GS iPhone - along with many others who have been reporting this issue on the Apple forums since the end of June.  It seems to happen to 3GS iPhones from all over the world and does not seem to depend on the age of the iPhone.

Now i only have an iTouch which can make a short call only!!

Posted by Ducatiguy on August 13, 2010 at 11:12 AM (PDT)

Having purchased a secondhand 3g 16gb i noticed that the phone would freeze then reboot shwing the apple logo and taking up to five minutes to restore once restored the phone would work fine however once the auto lock would kick in the iphone would have a white screen and then go back to reboot stage was pulling my hair out i think i may have sorted the problem by turning the autolock to the never position my phone has stopped rebooting although my battrey life is now suffering
hope this was helpful.

Posted by gud4sumtin on August 24, 2010 at 6:55 PM (PDT)

I’ve noticed that it only reboots when I call during charging.

Posted by Peti on September 22, 2010 at 1:47 AM (PDT)

I hate the os 4 series ever since i updated my ipod to it, it reboots randomly and is overall suuuupppeeerrr slow. It pisses me off apple sucks. I hate the fact i cant downgrade it because of apples messed up setup and stupid rules. I hate apple and am switching to android.

Posted by Jonah on December 22, 2010 at 9:36 PM (PDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  <  1 2