iPhone 4 Bumpers, Dock, Dock Adapters ship June 24 to July 2
In addition to opening pre-orders for the iPhone 4 and 8GB iPhone 3GS this morning, Apple has added the iPhone 4 Bumpers, iPhone 4 Dock, and iPhone 4 Universal Dock Adapter 3-Pack to the Apple Store for immediate ordering. Continuing the surprises that began earlier today with the unexpected unavailability of the white iPhone 4 device, Apple has also staggered the availability dates for its Bumpers protectors, with only one color—black—available on the June 24 launch date of the iPhone 4, and the other five colors shipping on July 2, 2010. The iPhone 4 Dock and Universal Dock Adapter 3-Pack are both listed with June 24 “ship by” dates.
Apple’s iPhone 4 Bumpers are rubber and plastic edge protectors for the new iPhone model, apparently providing no front or rear coverage for the glass and metal device. The company describes them as “a fun and unique way to personalize your iPhone 4,” and sells them separately in white, black, blue, green, orange, and pink versions for $29 each, a further surprise to those users who expected the modestly protective Apple designs to come in six-packs a la its earlier iPod Socks.
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- TwelveSouth releases BookBook for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Don’t miss our Best of the Year Awards 2014
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards