iPhone 4 Bumpers, Dock, Dock Adapters ship June 24 to July 2
In addition to opening pre-orders for the iPhone 4 and 8GB iPhone 3GS this morning, Apple has added the iPhone 4 Bumpers, iPhone 4 Dock, and iPhone 4 Universal Dock Adapter 3-Pack to the Apple Store for immediate ordering. Continuing the surprises that began earlier today with the unexpected unavailability of the white iPhone 4 device, Apple has also staggered the availability dates for its Bumpers protectors, with only one color—black—available on the June 24 launch date of the iPhone 4, and the other five colors shipping on July 2, 2010. The iPhone 4 Dock and Universal Dock Adapter 3-Pack are both listed with June 24 “ship by” dates.
Apple’s iPhone 4 Bumpers are rubber and plastic edge protectors for the new iPhone model, apparently providing no front or rear coverage for the glass and metal device. The company describes them as “a fun and unique way to personalize your iPhone 4,” and sells them separately in white, black, blue, green, orange, and pink versions for $29 each, a further surprise to those users who expected the modestly protective Apple designs to come in six-packs a la its earlier iPod Socks.
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- Typo fined $860,000 for violating BlackBerry injunction
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- TwelveSouth releases BookBook for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple adds vehicles to list of company’s activities in Switzerland
- Cook: Apple Watch to be available outside U.S. in April
- Apple Watch to have low energy ‘Power Reserve’ mode
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?