iPhone 4 catches fire in woman’s hand? | iLounge News

News

iPhone 4 catches fire in woman’s hand?

image

A new report suggests an iPhone 4 unit has overheated and caught fire while in use. Citing a video reenactment of the incident from Omar Huartas, BGR claims that Huartas’ iPhone 4 became extremely hot while his wife held the device. The battery reportedly swelled, dislodging the rear glass cover, and then caught fire. Huartas’ wife then dropped the phone onto a table, where it left burn marks; Huartas claims the device also burnt his hand and let off enough smoke to trigger his fire alarm. Huartas reportedly went to the Apple Store to get a replacement phone. Notably, the video reenactment contains distracting fire and smoke effects that detract somewhat from the plausibility of Huartas’ story, leaving the exact circumstances of the incident somewhat unclear, despite the fact that the still images appear to show a badly damaged battery.

« Springpad adds audio notes and sharing features

Apple secures 60% of global touch panel capacity? »

Related Stories

Comments

If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.

Commenting is not available in this section entry.
Sign up for the iLounge Weekly Newsletter

Email:

Recent News

Recent Reviews

Recent Articles

Sign up for the iLounge Weekly Newsletter

Email:

iLounge is an independent resource for all things iPod, iPhone, iPad, and beyond.
iPod, iPhone, iPad, iTunes, Apple TV, Mac, and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc.
iLounge is © 2001 - 2014 iLounge, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy