iPhone 4 catches fire while charging in Brazil | iLounge News

News

iPhone 4 catches fire while charging in Brazil

An iPhone 4 has reportedly caught fire while charging, the second report of a combustable iPhone this week. According to Brazil’s The iPhone Blog (Translated Link), Ayla Paulo Mota plugged her iPhone in to charge overnight, and awoke at dawn to see sparks and black smoke coming out of the device, which was just 15cm (roughly six inches) from her head. Unfortunately for Mota, her iPhone was purchased in France, and according to the report only phones purchased in Brazil are covered by Apple’s warranty in the country. Earlier this week, an iPhone 4 unit began emitting smoke aboard an airplane; that unit has since been turned over to aviation authorities for further investigation.

« iPhone 4S receives higher satisfaction ratings than predecessor

Photogene¬≤ adds Instagram Export »

Related Stories

Comments

1

Doesnt surprise me. My iPod nano 1st gen had its battery shoot out smoke and over heat.

Posted by Kyle on December 1, 2011 at 9:46 PM (PDT)

If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.

Commenting is not available in this section entry.
Sign up for the iLounge Weekly Newsletter

Email:

Recent News

Recent Reviews

Recent Articles

Sign up for the iLounge Weekly Newsletter

Email:

iLounge is an independent resource for all things iPod, iPhone, iPad, and beyond.
iPod, iPhone, iPad, iTunes, Apple TV, Mac, and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc.
iLounge is © 2001 - 2014 iLounge, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy