iPhone 4 response poll ends, iPod touch camera poll begins | iLounge News

iPhone 4 response poll ends, iPod touch camera poll begins

By Charles Starrett

Contributing Editor
Published: Monday, July 26, 2010
News Categories: Site News

With over 3,300 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Did Apple properly address iPhone 4 reception concerns?”—has ended. Readers were given two positive and two negative responses to choose from, as well as one for those who either didn’t own an iPhone 4 or didn’t have an opinion.

Based on the results, Apple’s press conference really did help make its users happy, as a majority of readers said they were satisfied with the company’s response. 31% of readers described themselves as “very satisfied,” while another 27% said they were only “somewhat satisfied.” 16% said they were “not satisfied,” followed by another 13% who said they were “very dissatisfied.” 12% of readers said they either didn’t own an iPhone 4 or didn’t have an opinion. Thanks for all your votes!

Our new poll takes a look at the potential for the iPod touch to get a camera—or possibly two. We’d like to know if an integrated camera would be enough to make you buy one. Maybe you’d like a front-facing camera for FaceTime, or a rear-facing camera for stills, or video, or both, or maybe it would take both front and rear cameras to make you buy. Or perhaps it wouldn’t be enough to make you buy because you’ve already got an iPod touch, or maybe you wouldn’t be swayed despite not owning an iPod touch. Our new poll, “Would an integrated camera make you buy a new iPod touch?” lets you answer that question. You can find the iLounge Poll in the left hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!

« Pyramid intros iHolder Stand for iPad

American Airlines launches iPhone app »

Comments

That means that only 12% of the nay-sayers were being honest.  There are tons of Adroid/Microsoft robots out there that love nothing more than an Apple scandal.  All of the hububb ended when the Droid X showed the same “Antennagate” issues.  Time to shush and enjoy our tech toys until next year when the next evolution of badass continues.

Posted by garanimal on July 26, 2010 at 2:43 PM (PDT)

I couldn’t care less about a camera or Face Time on my Touch. To paraphrase Code Monkey, “in the name of all that is good, please give us Live Updating back!”

Posted by rockmyplimsoul on July 26, 2010 at 6:48 PM (PDT)

You cannot label everyone who critisies Apple as a “Adroid/Microsoft robot”, that would just make you a “blinkered Apple fanboy” (labels aren’t nice are they?)

I have an iPhone 3GS and 6 iPods currently (so I am not a robot) and I think Apple handled the design fault of the iPhone 4 badly.
Their press conference was good, but very late in the day. That should have taken place right away and telling people “not to hold it that way” and making them pay for bumpers to fix the fault was very poor customer service.
They did the right thing, but far too reluctantly.

Posted by Anthony H on July 27, 2010 at 1:31 AM (PDT)

The only additional feature that I am looking for in an iPod Touch is GPS (and a compass would be nice). I already have two cameras and a Blackberry with a camera.

Posted by johnb on July 27, 2010 at 7:32 AM (PDT)

I absolutely do not care about a camera on my next iPod Touch; a GPSr chip, though (for turn-by-turn navigation) would be an immediate selling point.

Posted by Scott on July 27, 2010 at 2:27 PM (PDT)

i have a 16GB first gen ipod touch and my phone is on the packing up and im about to get an 8GB 3gs so a camera now would be no use to me, tbh i think my ipod touch will end up being my first and last ipod when i get my iphone

Posted by andrew on July 27, 2010 at 6:50 PM (PDT)

#1 garanimal

Ok, i’ve got an Android, but I’m not an Android robot, i also have a few ipods.  Implying that Antennagate was driven by Android fans is just wishful thinking.  While Apple did put out that video showing that Android had a signal bar issue when holding it a certain way, it really was something you’d have to do on purpose (i.e. you’d want to hold it that way to drop the bars on purpose) vs somehting you’d do casually when holding it (like with the iphone, heck, even Steve was holding it that way in the big unveiling). If you have to TRY to hold it in a way to lose signal, that’s not the same as Apple’s design, which pretty much was the way you’d hold the phone normally.

As for the new touch, I want it to at least have 128 gigs of storage, and i’ll be in line to buy! I also hope it does have the new design like the new iphone does, as I think that looks really nice.  Don’t care about the antenna issue on the touch, since it doesn’t make calls.  But if it has 128 gigs, I’m buying it!

Posted by Jeff on July 28, 2010 at 4:47 PM (PDT)

I don’t know that I can answer this poll (although rockmyplimsoul already spoke for me somewhat wink ). First, assuming the 4G touch incorporates the general form factor of the iPhone 4 minus the silly back glass, Apple probably has my sale. My 5G nano has been such a glitchy mess compared to the 4G nano that it’s clear the clickwheel line is, if not dead exactly, on life support and no one in charge is hoping it pulls through. So, if I want a new iPod that has any chance at all of functioning properly, a touch it is.

That aside, the cameras would be a bonus, but not a dealbreaker. I have found myself using the camera on my 5G nano more than I thought because it’s always on hand so if I’m out and the kids are doing something cute, ta-da, video recording. So, priority wise, a back facing still and video would be the biggest draw, with a front facing being a, “I’ll make up my mind after I have one with it” type thing.

Posted by Code Monkey in Midstate New York on July 29, 2010 at 5:59 AM (PDT)

I can’t afford a lot of tech and also don’t want to carry too many things around. For those reason, I like to have one device that does everything I need. I would def buy a new iPod if it had a camera. I am always out and about somewhere and wish I could take a pic of something.
I’d get. A pone but I don’t want the monthly bill.
so iPod touch w camera would be the perfect solution.

Posted by Az on August 3, 2010 at 6:47 AM (PDT)