iPhone 4 teardown confirms 512MB RAM, more
iFixIt has posted a complete teardown of the iPhone 4, confirming a number of the device’s specs while revealing others. Notably, the device has 512MB of RAM, as had been reportedly confirmed by Apple during WWDC. Like the iPhone 3G and 3GS, the iPhone 4 has two Phillips #00 screws on the bottom, which serve to release the rear case offering immediate access to the 3.7V 1420 mAh Li-Polymer battery. According to the teardown, the iPhone 4’s A4 processor houses a 1GHz ARM Cortex A8 core; the gyroscope is believed to be manufactured by ST Micro, and iFixIt believes Apple is the first to ship a product containing this particular part. In addition, the iPhone 4 unit examined in the teardown contained Samsung flash memory, the same Cirrus Logic audio codec chip used in the iPad, Broadcom Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS chips, and, iFixIt believes, a front glass panel made of Corning Gorilla Glass.
- Apple releases iOS 8.4 beta to developers, with new Music app
- Sprint, UK’s EE add Wi-Fi calling with iOS 8.3
- Apple releases iOS 8.3, iCloud Photo Library comes out of beta
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?