iPhone 5 battery often falls short of 4S, tests show
Following extensive testing, iLounge has found that the iPhone 5’s battery life often lags slightly behind its predecessor in certain areas. The iPhone 5 came up short of the 4S by a fractional amount of time in voice calling, FaceTime video calling, Wi-Fi data, and cellular data tests, although results notably varied based on the user’s proximity to LTE and 3G cellular towers, with weaker signals taking a great toll on the battery.
In 1080p video recording and playback, however, the iPhone 5 matched or slightly exceeded the battery life of the iPhone 4S as well as Apple’s own estimates, although the iPhone 4 still fared slightly better than both of the more recent models in the latter test. Audio playback fell short of Apple’s specs and the iPhone 4/4S, however. In the end, the iPhone 5’s battery life doesn’t quite measure up to Apple’s claims, and is one of our main concerns with the new iPhone 5. Read our comprehensive review for more details on the iPhone 5.
- Apple releases iOS 8.4 beta to developers, with new Music app
- Sprint, UK’s EE add Wi-Fi calling with iOS 8.3
- Apple releases iOS 8.3, iCloud Photo Library comes out of beta
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?