iPhone 5 cases: Fabrix, CalypsoCrystal, Seidio and more
An abundance of iPhone 5 case announcements have made their way to iLounge since the phone’s introduction, as dozens of developers are sharing early photos and details of numerous cases. To provide a sampling of the many options that are about to become available, we’re offering a few roundups this morning; this one focuses on one case each from a bunch of developers.
Fabrix introduced its Bespoke Edition sleeves ($30), which fully cover the iPhone. Made from cloth, its sleeves are ready to ship now, and come in five different styles, including tweed and houndstooth. Amongst other plastic designs, Beyond Cell introduced its Streamline case series in eight different colors, featuring a shaded design on the back; pricing is not yet available. And fabric case maker WaterField Designs has announced its Smart Case ($39), a padded sleeve for the iPhone 5. Available for pre-order, it ships Oct. 5.
CalypsoCrystal has released a new CalypsoCase designer collection by fashion designer Lara Bohinc. The collection features three different leather cases, notably including the high-end Sunrise ($169), a black leather sleeve with a silver ring around the outside; it will ship in three weeks. LUXA2 has introduced a wide variety of iPhone 5 cases, including the Sandstone case, which is treated with sandstone paint finish for scratch resistance. Skech has also announced five new iPhone 5 cases, including the Groove, which comes in five colors.
Seidio has announced three new cases, including the Convert ($50), which comes with a locking holster and screen guard, and allows the user to add protective layers. It can be pre-ordered now and will ship the week of Sept. 24. FreshFiber introduced five new cases, including the Boombox Case ($35), which looks like a boombox and comes with a built-in stand. Last but not least, Amzer debuted seven new cases in a variety of colors, including the biodegradable Organics Snap On Case ($15), one of the most affordable cases we’ve yet seen for the iPhone 5.
- Leaked photos appear to show Apple EarPods with Lightning connector
- Cirrus Logic releases development kit for Lightning headphones
- Incipio to acquire Skullcandy
- Jawbone not leaving wearables business, CEO says
- Apple adds Accessibility section to its online store
- Bowers & Wilkins acquired by EVA Automation
- Tim Cook to host Hillary Clinton fundraiser
- Report: Apple to update Apple Store app with personalized recommendations
- Report: Apple now prioritizing autonomous driving system in car project
- WSJ: Apple’s ‘hard-charging’ approach unsuccessful in negotiations with TV networks
- Video purports to show official Lightning to 3.5mm headphone adapter
- New iPhone pre-orders to start Sept. 9?
- Apple has sold one billion iPhones
- Parkopedia to provide detailed parking information for Apple Maps [Updated]
- Microsoft releases Pix camera app for iPhone
- Adobe launches new Lightroom viewer for Apple TV
- Elgato Avea Flare Portable Mood Light
- Moe Bull Stand for iPad Air 2 + 9.7” iPad Pro
- Netatmo Tags for Welcome Smart Home Camera
- iDevices Socket HomeKit-enabled Light Adapter
- Koogeek Wi-Fi SmartPlug for Apple HomeKit
- Marbotic Smart Letters for iPad
- Ecoxgear Sol Jam Bluetooth Speaker
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case + Hand Strap for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Braven BRV-1M Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-Blade Bluetooth Speaker
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app