iPhone 5 cases: Fabrix, CalypsoCrystal, Seidio and more
An abundance of iPhone 5 case announcements have made their way to iLounge since the phone’s introduction, as dozens of developers are sharing early photos and details of numerous cases. To provide a sampling of the many options that are about to become available, we’re offering a few roundups this morning; this one focuses on one case each from a bunch of developers.
Fabrix introduced its Bespoke Edition sleeves ($30), which fully cover the iPhone. Made from cloth, its sleeves are ready to ship now, and come in five different styles, including tweed and houndstooth. Amongst other plastic designs, Beyond Cell introduced its Streamline case series in eight different colors, featuring a shaded design on the back; pricing is not yet available. And fabric case maker WaterField Designs has announced its Smart Case ($39), a padded sleeve for the iPhone 5. Available for pre-order, it ships Oct. 5.
CalypsoCrystal has released a new CalypsoCase designer collection by fashion designer Lara Bohinc. The collection features three different leather cases, notably including the high-end Sunrise ($169), a black leather sleeve with a silver ring around the outside; it will ship in three weeks. LUXA2 has introduced a wide variety of iPhone 5 cases, including the Sandstone case, which is treated with sandstone paint finish for scratch resistance. Skech has also announced five new iPhone 5 cases, including the Groove, which comes in five colors.
Seidio has announced three new cases, including the Convert ($50), which comes with a locking holster and screen guard, and allows the user to add protective layers. It can be pre-ordered now and will ship the week of Sept. 24. FreshFiber introduced five new cases, including the Boombox Case ($35), which looks like a boombox and comes with a built-in stand. Last but not least, Amzer debuted seven new cases in a variety of colors, including the biodegradable Organics Snap On Case ($15), one of the most affordable cases we’ve yet seen for the iPhone 5.
- Nike stopping FuelBand production
- Nest Protect subject to safety issue, sales halted
- Blackberry wins injunction banning Typo Keyboard Case
- Philips announces Hue Lux and Hue Tap
- Azoi introduces Wello health monitoring iPhone case
- ReSound Linx MFi hearing aid launches
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple, others settle poaching antitrust suit
- Some iOS 6 users must upgrade to iOS 7 to fix FaceTime
- Apps: Bonsai Slice, Bounsy, IMDb 4.2 + The Weather Channel 6.0
- Cook: New products ‘closer,’ mobile payments ‘really interesting’
- Prong debuts Prong PWR Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2014 earnings call
- Apple announces 7:1 stock split, increased share buyback, dividends
- Apple Q2 2014: 43.7M iPhones, 16.3M iPads, 2.7M iPods
- Former employee says Apple left iOS users vulnerable
- Siri coming to Apple TV?
- Logitech Turnaround for iPad Air
- Logitech Hinge for iPad Air
- Ele eleMount
- Divoom Voombox Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Pelican ProGear Voyager for iPhone 5/5s
- ZeroChroma Vario-Edge for iPhone 5/5c/5s + Vortex for iPhone 5c
- JBL Synchros S300i Stereo Headphones
- AKG K845BT Over-Ear Bluetooth Headset
- JBL Voyager Home Audio System With Portable Wireless Speaker
- Harman Kardon Esquire Executive Portable Wireless Speaker
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac