iPhone 5 cases: Incipio, Orbino, CM4 and more
We’re wrapping up the massive collection of iPhone 5 case announcements we’ve received over the past few days with looks at some of the cases disclosed by notable developers. See our first roundup and second roundup of the day for more.
Perennial favorite Incipio has introduced seven cases for the iPhone 5, including the DualPro Shine ($35), a hard shell silver and black case with a silicone core. The case is available for pre-order and has an estimated shipping date of Sept. 21. Six cases have been unveiled by the unusually creative team at X-Doria, including the Engage Form ($30), which offers a lattice-type metallic polycarbonate design to protect the phone. Long-time Apple favorite case developer Incase has debuted five iPhone 5 cases, including the latest Metallic Slider Case ($35), a two piece hardshell that comes in three colors. Incase cases are available for pre-order and will ship in early October.
Orbino has announced its Pantera 5 ($189) case, a hand-stitched leather case made in Italy. The case comes in four different colors and seven special editions in animal skins — ostriches and crocodiles, for instance. Those editions range in price from $209 to $399; shipping begins in early October. Ballistic has introduced five cases, including the SG Maxx ($50), which offers four protective layers and comes in six color combinations. And budget case maker Macally has introduced seven new iPhone 5 cases, including its Jazz5 Piano Case ($20), a snap-on shell with piano key styling and a built-in stand. Most of Macally’s new cases should be shipping by the end of September.
CM4 has announced its Q Card Case ($40), which features a soft-rubber exterior and a fabric wallet sleeve for carrying up to three cards plus cash. The case is available in four colors and is expected to ship in early October. And last but not least, XtremeMac announced five new cases for the iPhone 5, including the XtremeMac Sportwrap LED ($80), an armband case with LED lights for nighttime activity. The cases should be available in September.
- Azoi introduces Wello health monitoring iPhone case
- ReSound Linx MFi hearing aid launches
- Mad Catz unveils C.T.R.L.i iOS controller
- Fitbit pulls, recalls Force fitness tracker
- Bose debuts SoundLink Bluetooth speaker III
- Scosche releases MagicMount system for iOS devices
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps: Duolingo 3.3, Marvel Unlimited 2.0, Smash Hit + Wave Wave
- Apple running large iPhone 5c ad on NY Times site
- Report: iOS 8 Maps to gain public transit directions
- Apple updates Remote app with improved Apple TV integration
- iOS 7.1 reveals two new iPad models?
- Apple TV 6.1 update released, allows users to hide channels
- Apple releases iOS 7.1
- Apple iPhone trade-in program arrives in Canada
- Apple TV adds iTunes Festival channel
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Doggins
- Grovemade Bamboo iPad Case for iPad mini
- Soundfreaq Sound Rise SFQ-08 Wireless Speaker with Alarm Clock
- Chil PowerShare Reactor 5.1 Amp Multidevice Charger
- TwelveSouth SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number