iPhone 5 cases: Incipio, Orbino, CM4 and more
We’re wrapping up the massive collection of iPhone 5 case announcements we’ve received over the past few days with looks at some of the cases disclosed by notable developers. See our first roundup and second roundup of the day for more.
Perennial favorite Incipio has introduced seven cases for the iPhone 5, including the DualPro Shine ($35), a hard shell silver and black case with a silicone core. The case is available for pre-order and has an estimated shipping date of Sept. 21. Six cases have been unveiled by the unusually creative team at X-Doria, including the Engage Form ($30), which offers a lattice-type metallic polycarbonate design to protect the phone. Long-time Apple favorite case developer Incase has debuted five iPhone 5 cases, including the latest Metallic Slider Case ($35), a two piece hardshell that comes in three colors. Incase cases are available for pre-order and will ship in early October.
Orbino has announced its Pantera 5 ($189) case, a hand-stitched leather case made in Italy. The case comes in four different colors and seven special editions in animal skins — ostriches and crocodiles, for instance. Those editions range in price from $209 to $399; shipping begins in early October. Ballistic has introduced five cases, including the SG Maxx ($50), which offers four protective layers and comes in six color combinations. And budget case maker Macally has introduced seven new iPhone 5 cases, including its Jazz5 Piano Case ($20), a snap-on shell with piano key styling and a built-in stand. Most of Macally’s new cases should be shipping by the end of September.
CM4 has announced its Q Card Case ($40), which features a soft-rubber exterior and a fabric wallet sleeve for carrying up to three cards plus cash. The case is available in four colors and is expected to ship in early October. And last but not least, XtremeMac announced five new cases for the iPhone 5, including the XtremeMac Sportwrap LED ($80), an armband case with LED lights for nighttime activity. The cases should be available in September.
- Nike stopping FuelBand production
- Nest Protect subject to safety issue, sales halted
- Blackberry wins injunction banning Typo Keyboard Case
- Philips announces Hue Lux and Hue Tap
- Azoi introduces Wello health monitoring iPhone case
- ReSound Linx MFi hearing aid launches
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2014 earnings call
- Apple announces 7:1 stock split, increased share buyback, dividends
- Apple Q2 2014: 43.7M iPhones, 16.3M iPads, 2.7M iPods
- Former employee says Apple left iOS users vulnerable
- Siri coming to Apple TV?
- Google covering some Samsung defense costs in Apple case
- Changes introduced to Apple’s app content rating system
- iOS 7.1.1 makes in-app purchases clear in Top Grossing chart
- Apple releases iOS 7.1.1
- Apps: 1Password 4.5, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Health Mate 2.0 + WeMo 1.5.1
- Divoom Voombox Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Pelican ProGear Voyager for iPhone 5/5s
- ZeroChroma Vario-Edge for iPhone 5/5c/5s + Vortex for iPhone 5c
- JBL Synchros S300i Stereo Headphones
- AKG K845BT Over-Ear Bluetooth Headset
- JBL Voyager Home Audio System With Portable Wireless Speaker
- Harman Kardon Esquire Executive Portable Wireless Speaker
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air
- Rokform Fuzion+ for iPhone 5/5s
- Incipio Tek-nical for iPad Air
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac