iPhone 5 cases: Incipio, Orbino, CM4 and more
We’re wrapping up the massive collection of iPhone 5 case announcements we’ve received over the past few days with looks at some of the cases disclosed by notable developers. See our first roundup and second roundup of the day for more.
Perennial favorite Incipio has introduced seven cases for the iPhone 5, including the DualPro Shine ($35), a hard shell silver and black case with a silicone core. The case is available for pre-order and has an estimated shipping date of Sept. 21. Six cases have been unveiled by the unusually creative team at X-Doria, including the Engage Form ($30), which offers a lattice-type metallic polycarbonate design to protect the phone. Long-time Apple favorite case developer Incase has debuted five iPhone 5 cases, including the latest Metallic Slider Case ($35), a two piece hardshell that comes in three colors. Incase cases are available for pre-order and will ship in early October.
Orbino has announced its Pantera 5 ($189) case, a hand-stitched leather case made in Italy. The case comes in four different colors and seven special editions in animal skins — ostriches and crocodiles, for instance. Those editions range in price from $209 to $399; shipping begins in early October. Ballistic has introduced five cases, including the SG Maxx ($50), which offers four protective layers and comes in six color combinations. And budget case maker Macally has introduced seven new iPhone 5 cases, including its Jazz5 Piano Case ($20), a snap-on shell with piano key styling and a built-in stand. Most of Macally’s new cases should be shipping by the end of September.
CM4 has announced its Q Card Case ($40), which features a soft-rubber exterior and a fabric wallet sleeve for carrying up to three cards plus cash. The case is available in four colors and is expected to ship in early October. And last but not least, XtremeMac announced five new cases for the iPhone 5, including the XtremeMac Sportwrap LED ($80), an armband case with LED lights for nighttime activity. The cases should be available in September.
- Withings unveils Activité fitness tracking watch
- Nest Protect alarm returning to stores with lower price
- Parrot announces MiniDrone release dates, pricing
- Report: Apple plans Lightning cable MFi headphones
- Razer introduces Junglecat iPhone game controller
- Samsonite acquires Speck Products for $85 million
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- WSJ: Apple asking suppliers to make 70-80M new iPhones this year
- Apple ‘iTime’ patent includes wristband sensors
- Tips app debuts in iOS 8 beta 4
- iTunes 12 makes its first appearance with iOS-style design
- Apple releases fourth beta of iOS 8
- Forensic scientist notes iOS ‘back doors’
- Eighth annual iTunes Festival announced
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Bio Inc.
- EU criticizes Apple for in-app purchases (Update)
- Sue Wagner joins Apple board of directors as Bill Campbell retires
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- JBL Synchros E50BT Over-Ear Headphones
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads