iPhone 5 cases: Scosche, Hex, Hitcase and more
Dozens of new iPhone 5 case announcements have been hitting our desks over the past few days, as many developers have been sharing early photos and details of numerous cases. We’re offering roundups focusing on one case from selected developers. See our first roundup of the day for more.
Scosche has introduced a number of new cases, including the Kickback Sport ($30), which comes with a built-in kickstand and advertises antimicrobial covering. The case is available for pre-order and ships by Sept. 21. Griffin has introduced an array of cases, notably including the quirky Mustachio case ($25), which features a variety of cartoony mustache styles on the back of one’s iPhone. The case is listed as coming soon. Cygnett has debuted 11 new cases, including the Icon ($30), which comes in a variety of artistic styles.
Hex has announced three iPhone 5 cases, including the Stealth ($35), which uses RFID-friendly technology to allow a concealed smart card to be used by compatible card-reading devices. Pre-orders are available, and the case has an estimated shipping date of Oct. 1. Numerous cases have also been announced by iLuv, including the Camera Case ($40), which looks like a vintage camera case with a hollow “lens” pocket for cable or earphone storage. Premium leather case maker Sena has debuted 11 new leather cases for the iPhone 5, including the MagnetFlipper ($50), which has a magnetically attached front flap to cover the phone’s screen. It will ship before Nov. 7.
Hitcase announced the iPhone 5 Hitcase Pro ($130), to be available in mid-December. The case includes a removable wide-angle lens for the phone’s camera and a mounting system, which will presumably need some testing before shipping to customers. Acase introduced the Superleggera Pro ($20), a thin snap-on case, which is listed as coming soon. And Zoogue announced its Social Shell case ($15) in 10 colors, which the company is offering free for a limited time with use of a promo code, given on the site. The case is expected to ship in three to six weeks.
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- Typo fined $860,000 for violating BlackBerry injunction
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- TwelveSouth releases BookBook for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Revamped Apple music service not coming until WWDC; new Apple TV later this year?
- Larger iPad production delayed until later this year, USB 3.0 ports to be added?
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit [Update: settlement approved]
- Apple and HBO in talks for ‘HBO Now’ service launch
- Report: Next-gen ‘iPhone 6s’ to feature 2GB RAM, Apple SIM
- Apple looking to settle with electric car battery company
- Apple pushing out fix next week for ‘FREAK’ security flaw
- Report: Apple Watch retail strategy aims to push iPhone sales
- Apple back on top in phone sales for first time since 2011
- Phishing scam targets iCloud credentials of iOS device theft victims
- Gumdrop Cases Drop Tech Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Uniq Aircraft+ for iPhone 6
- Speck MightyShell + Faceplate for iPhone 6 Plus
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?