iPhone 5 cases: Scosche, Hex, Hitcase and more
Dozens of new iPhone 5 case announcements have been hitting our desks over the past few days, as many developers have been sharing early photos and details of numerous cases. We’re offering roundups focusing on one case from selected developers. See our first roundup of the day for more.
Scosche has introduced a number of new cases, including the Kickback Sport ($30), which comes with a built-in kickstand and advertises antimicrobial covering. The case is available for pre-order and ships by Sept. 21. Griffin has introduced an array of cases, notably including the quirky Mustachio case ($25), which features a variety of cartoony mustache styles on the back of one’s iPhone. The case is listed as coming soon. Cygnett has debuted 11 new cases, including the Icon ($30), which comes in a variety of artistic styles.
Hex has announced three iPhone 5 cases, including the Stealth ($35), which uses RFID-friendly technology to allow a concealed smart card to be used by compatible card-reading devices. Pre-orders are available, and the case has an estimated shipping date of Oct. 1. Numerous cases have also been announced by iLuv, including the Camera Case ($40), which looks like a vintage camera case with a hollow “lens” pocket for cable or earphone storage. Premium leather case maker Sena has debuted 11 new leather cases for the iPhone 5, including the MagnetFlipper ($50), which has a magnetically attached front flap to cover the phone’s screen. It will ship before Nov. 7.
Hitcase announced the iPhone 5 Hitcase Pro ($130), to be available in mid-December. The case includes a removable wide-angle lens for the phone’s camera and a mounting system, which will presumably need some testing before shipping to customers. Acase introduced the Superleggera Pro ($20), a thin snap-on case, which is listed as coming soon. And Zoogue announced its Social Shell case ($15) in 10 colors, which the company is offering free for a limited time with use of a promo code, given on the site. The case is expected to ship in three to six weeks.
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Most screen protectors should work with 3D Touch
- Incipio acquires Incase
- Numerous companies debut iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus cases
- Google omits HealthKit support from Android Wear iOS app
- Google releases iOS app that links some Android Wear watches to newer iPhones
- Happy Columbus Day + Canadian Thanksgiving!
- Apple now selling SIM-free iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- AT&T opens up Wi-Fi calling for iPhone
- Battery impact of Samsung vs TSMC A9 chips overestimated? (Update: Apple response)
- Apple TV, iPad Pro to be sold online in late October, in stores early November?
- iBooks adds exclusive enhanced editions of Harry Potter series
- Report: Barclays to launch Apple Pay support in the UK early next year
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Antitrust monitor: Apple is ‘its own worst enemy’
- Report: Apple holding $181.1 billion in offshore tax havens
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- Parrot Airborne Night and Airborne Cargo Drones
- Griffin Survivor Journey and Survivor Summit for iPhone 6/6s
- Parrot Jumping Night and Jumping Race Drones
- Trident Case Aegis Pro Case for iPhone 6/6s
- Scosche boomBOTTLE+ Waterproof Wireless Speaker
- Just Mobile Quattro Folio for iPhone 6s
- X-Doria Defense Lux for iPhone 6s/6
- Spigen Perfect Armor for iPhone 6s, Slim/Tough Armor for iPhone 6s Plus
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?