iPhone 5 cases: Scosche, Hex, Hitcase and more
Dozens of new iPhone 5 case announcements have been hitting our desks over the past few days, as many developers have been sharing early photos and details of numerous cases. We’re offering roundups focusing on one case from selected developers. See our first roundup of the day for more.
Scosche has introduced a number of new cases, including the Kickback Sport ($30), which comes with a built-in kickstand and advertises antimicrobial covering. The case is available for pre-order and ships by Sept. 21. Griffin has introduced an array of cases, notably including the quirky Mustachio case ($25), which features a variety of cartoony mustache styles on the back of one’s iPhone. The case is listed as coming soon. Cygnett has debuted 11 new cases, including the Icon ($30), which comes in a variety of artistic styles.
Hex has announced three iPhone 5 cases, including the Stealth ($35), which uses RFID-friendly technology to allow a concealed smart card to be used by compatible card-reading devices. Pre-orders are available, and the case has an estimated shipping date of Oct. 1. Numerous cases have also been announced by iLuv, including the Camera Case ($40), which looks like a vintage camera case with a hollow “lens” pocket for cable or earphone storage. Premium leather case maker Sena has debuted 11 new leather cases for the iPhone 5, including the MagnetFlipper ($50), which has a magnetically attached front flap to cover the phone’s screen. It will ship before Nov. 7.
Hitcase announced the iPhone 5 Hitcase Pro ($130), to be available in mid-December. The case includes a removable wide-angle lens for the phone’s camera and a mounting system, which will presumably need some testing before shipping to customers. Acase introduced the Superleggera Pro ($20), a thin snap-on case, which is listed as coming soon. And Zoogue announced its Social Shell case ($15) in 10 colors, which the company is offering free for a limited time with use of a promo code, given on the site. The case is expected to ship in three to six weeks.
- Nike stopping FuelBand production
- Nest Protect subject to safety issue, sales halted
- Blackberry wins injunction banning Typo Keyboard Case
- Philips announces Hue Lux and Hue Tap
- Azoi introduces Wello health monitoring iPhone case
- ReSound Linx MFi hearing aid launches
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple, others settle poaching antitrust suit
- Some iOS 6 users must upgrade to iOS 7 to fix FaceTime
- Apps: Bonsai Slice, Bounsy, IMDb 4.2 + The Weather Channel 6.0
- Cook: New products ‘closer,’ mobile payments ‘really interesting’
- Prong debuts Prong PWR Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2014 earnings call
- Apple announces 7:1 stock split, increased share buyback, dividends
- Apple Q2 2014: 43.7M iPhones, 16.3M iPads, 2.7M iPods
- Former employee says Apple left iOS users vulnerable
- Siri coming to Apple TV?
- Logitech Turnaround for iPad Air
- Logitech Hinge for iPad Air
- Ele eleMount
- Divoom Voombox Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Pelican ProGear Voyager for iPhone 5/5s
- ZeroChroma Vario-Edge for iPhone 5/5c/5s + Vortex for iPhone 5c
- JBL Synchros S300i Stereo Headphones
- AKG K845BT Over-Ear Bluetooth Headset
- JBL Voyager Home Audio System With Portable Wireless Speaker
- Harman Kardon Esquire Executive Portable Wireless Speaker
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac