iPhone 5S: gold, new Home Button, dual flash confirmed?
Apple’s upcoming iPhone will indeed be called the iPhone 5S, according to a new report from Macotakara, which also makes several claims regarding specifics of the model that is now expected to debut in September. First, the report suggests that a third color option beyond black or white will in fact be offered — a gold iPhone 5S, matching prior component leaks. Second, the rounded square icon seen on all prior iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad Home Buttons may be removed for this model, due to inclusion of a fingerprint sensor. A report from KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo (via 9to5Mac) suggests that the new button will be slightly convex, and made from sapphire, a switch from the concave plastic in prior Home Buttons.
Third, it’s claimed that the iPhone 5S camera will be improved with a faster f/2.0 lens to increase light gathering capabilities, but the sensor will stay at 8-Megapixels; reports have differed on whether the sensor would jump in megapixel count this time. A separate leak (via AppleInsider) also appears to confirm that the new camera will include a dual-LED flash system.
- Apple releases iOS 8.4 beta to developers, with new Music app
- Sprint, UK’s EE add Wi-Fi calling with iOS 8.3
- Apple releases iOS 8.3, iCloud Photo Library comes out of beta
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?