iPhone app category poll ends, iTunes poll begins
With nearly 3,000 votes from iLounge readers, our latest iLounge poll — “Which category of iPhone applications do you consider to be the most important?” — has ended. Readers could pick from entertainment/games, photography/creative apps, productivity/business, travel/location utilities, news/reference, music apps, lifestyle/social networking software, or could say they didn’t own an iPhone or iPod touch.
Though they stumbled from an early lead with 30% or more of the vote, entertainment and games remained the most popular category, getting one quarter of the vote (25%), followed closely by productivity and business apps with 24 % of the vote. 18% of readers voted for travel and location utilities or music apps, with both categories receiving 9% of the vote, followed by news and reference apps with 7%, lifestyle and social networking apps with 6%. Photography and other creative apps were the least popular, getting 3% of the vote. Finally, 17% of respondents said they didn’t own an iPhone or iPod touch.
The new poll focuses on the next version of iTunes. We’d like to know: What possible feature/improvement would you most like to see? Would you like to see more DRM-free tracks on the iTunes Store, or perhaps an iTunes subscription service? Would you like a way to separate iPod and iPhone syncing from the main application, a digital book download service, or maybe speed, or other improvements? Or do you like iTunes the way it is? Our latest poll, “What possible feature/improvement would you most like to see in the next version of iTunes?” lets you answer that question. As always, the iLounge Poll is on the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- Report: New iPhone 6S LTE chip could ‘double’ download speeds
- Cue: New iOS 9 beta coming next week
- iTunes 12.2 release includes support for Apple Music
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- Iovine: Human curation is key for Apple Music
- Dr. Dre’s ‘The Chronic’ to make streaming debut on Apple Music
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-PRO Bluetooth Speaker
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?