iPhone app category poll ends, iTunes poll begins
With nearly 3,000 votes from iLounge readers, our latest iLounge poll — “Which category of iPhone applications do you consider to be the most important?” — has ended. Readers could pick from entertainment/games, photography/creative apps, productivity/business, travel/location utilities, news/reference, music apps, lifestyle/social networking software, or could say they didn’t own an iPhone or iPod touch.
Though they stumbled from an early lead with 30% or more of the vote, entertainment and games remained the most popular category, getting one quarter of the vote (25%), followed closely by productivity and business apps with 24 % of the vote. 18% of readers voted for travel and location utilities or music apps, with both categories receiving 9% of the vote, followed by news and reference apps with 7%, lifestyle and social networking apps with 6%. Photography and other creative apps were the least popular, getting 3% of the vote. Finally, 17% of respondents said they didn’t own an iPhone or iPod touch.
The new poll focuses on the next version of iTunes. We’d like to know: What possible feature/improvement would you most like to see? Would you like to see more DRM-free tracks on the iTunes Store, or perhaps an iTunes subscription service? Would you like a way to separate iPod and iPhone syncing from the main application, a digital book download service, or maybe speed, or other improvements? Or do you like iTunes the way it is? Our latest poll, “What possible feature/improvement would you most like to see in the next version of iTunes?” lets you answer that question. As always, the iLounge Poll is on the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- Apple issues workaround for Messages text string bug
- Apple acquires Metaio, an augmented reality company
- Apple stuck with court-appointed antitrust monitor
- Apple to unveil rewards system for Apple Pay
- GM bringing CarPlay to 14 of its 2016 Chevy models
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Apple may debut new ‘Proactive’ assistant with iOS 9
- Google Search will soon surface content from iOS apps
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Spigen Apple Watch Stand S330
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?