iPhone app category poll ends, iTunes poll begins
With nearly 3,000 votes from iLounge readers, our latest iLounge poll — “Which category of iPhone applications do you consider to be the most important?” — has ended. Readers could pick from entertainment/games, photography/creative apps, productivity/business, travel/location utilities, news/reference, music apps, lifestyle/social networking software, or could say they didn’t own an iPhone or iPod touch.
Though they stumbled from an early lead with 30% or more of the vote, entertainment and games remained the most popular category, getting one quarter of the vote (25%), followed closely by productivity and business apps with 24 % of the vote. 18% of readers voted for travel and location utilities or music apps, with both categories receiving 9% of the vote, followed by news and reference apps with 7%, lifestyle and social networking apps with 6%. Photography and other creative apps were the least popular, getting 3% of the vote. Finally, 17% of respondents said they didn’t own an iPhone or iPod touch.
The new poll focuses on the next version of iTunes. We’d like to know: What possible feature/improvement would you most like to see? Would you like to see more DRM-free tracks on the iTunes Store, or perhaps an iTunes subscription service? Would you like a way to separate iPod and iPhone syncing from the main application, a digital book download service, or maybe speed, or other improvements? Or do you like iTunes the way it is? Our latest poll, “What possible feature/improvement would you most like to see in the next version of iTunes?” lets you answer that question. As always, the iLounge Poll is on the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- Happy Thanksgiving 2014 from iLounge!
- Don’t miss our Best of the Year Awards 2014
- iLounge announces its Best of the Year Awards for 2014
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, subscribe now
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Apple Pay cards represent 90 percent of US credit purchase volume; Samsung readying rival service
- Apps of the Week: Microsoft’s MSN apps
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Dog & Bone Wetsuit for iPhone 6
- Belkin Qode Ultimate + Ultimate Pro Keyboard Cases for iPad Air 2
- Evollve Ozobot
- Skech Crystal for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Hard Rubber + Ice for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPad Air 2
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0