iPhone App Contest still going, enter today!
iLounge is still accepting entries for our Quest for the Best iPhone App Contest, so if you haven’t yet entered, now’s your chance. In the contest, iLounge and Bowers & Wilkins are giving away three of B&W’s Zeppelin speaker systems to our three favorite native iPhone applications. To enter the contest, simply submit your application to our Application Gallery, which will highlight new iPhone software with individual listings and information for each application. One winner will be picked from each of three categories: Games, Business/Professional, and Just Plain Cool, with each winner receiving their own Zeppelin system plus a $100 Apple Store Gift Card. The contest runs through July 23, and only official, App Store-ready applications will be considered, with the winners being announced on July 25. Below we’ve highlighted some of the great submissions we’ve already received.
iToony, a new app that lets users take photos, decorate them with drawings, captions and speech bubbles, and share the finished product on photo sharing sites or simply save it to the iPhone’s photo library. It will cost $4.99.
iTrans Language Matrix, a new application for translating many popular phrases from one language to another using the iPhone’s touch screen and audio and visual features. It will cost $24.99.
Briefcase, an application that allows an iPhone to wirelessly connect to any local Mac using Bonjour zero-configuration networking technology, or over the internet if the remote computer has its own IP address. Once connected, users can browse, view, and download files, with support for Word, Excel, PDF, MPEG4, MP3, Pages, and other media and document file types. It will sell for $4.99.
Touch Tennis, a Pong-like game that uses the iPhone’s touch screen and accelerometer to allow for one- or two-person matches. Users can choose from different paddle sizes and various match lengths to increase the challenge. It will sell for $1.99.
Learn more about these apps and others by visiting our iPhone Application Gallery.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
Subscribe to iLounge Weekly
- Apple files lawsuit accusing Qualcomm of withholding patent royalties
- Apple releases updated iOS Developer Design Resources
- Apple’s exclusive audiobook deal with Audible ends in Europe following EU antitrust scrutiny
- Nintendo officially announces Fire Emblem Heroes for iOS, coming Feb. 2
- Rumor: Apple working on second-generation Apple Pencil
- GarageBand 2.2 adds Logic Pro X integration, Alchemy synth, Multi-Take Recording
- FTC files complaint against Qualcomm citing royalty deal with Apple
- India mulling manufacturing regulation changes which could woo Apple
- Apple Music creative team discusses the service’s exclusives, future
- Apple raising UK App Store prices by more than 25 percent
- Revogi Smart Lightbulb, Smart Lightstrip, Smart Candle + Smart Meter Plug
- Audeze iSine10 In-Ear Headphones
- MOCACARE MOCACuff Connected Blood Pressure Monitor
- Apple AirPods
- Elgato Eve Motion
- Olloclip Core Lens Set for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Logitech Pop Home Switch Starter Pack
- Elgato Eve Light Switch
- iHome iPLWBT5 Docking Clock Radio for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Brydge 12.9 iPad Pro Keyboard
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10