iPhone App Contest still going, enter today!
iLounge is still accepting entries for our Quest for the Best iPhone App Contest, so if you haven’t yet entered, now’s your chance. In the contest, iLounge and Bowers & Wilkins are giving away three of B&W’s Zeppelin speaker systems to our three favorite native iPhone applications. To enter the contest, simply submit your application to our Application Gallery, which will highlight new iPhone software with individual listings and information for each application. One winner will be picked from each of three categories: Games, Business/Professional, and Just Plain Cool, with each winner receiving their own Zeppelin system plus a $100 Apple Store Gift Card. The contest runs through July 23, and only official, App Store-ready applications will be considered, with the winners being announced on July 25. Below we’ve highlighted some of the great submissions we’ve already received.
iToony, a new app that lets users take photos, decorate them with drawings, captions and speech bubbles, and share the finished product on photo sharing sites or simply save it to the iPhone’s photo library. It will cost $4.99.
iTrans Language Matrix, a new application for translating many popular phrases from one language to another using the iPhone’s touch screen and audio and visual features. It will cost $24.99.
Briefcase, an application that allows an iPhone to wirelessly connect to any local Mac using Bonjour zero-configuration networking technology, or over the internet if the remote computer has its own IP address. Once connected, users can browse, view, and download files, with support for Word, Excel, PDF, MPEG4, MP3, Pages, and other media and document file types. It will sell for $4.99.
Touch Tennis, a Pong-like game that uses the iPhone’s touch screen and accelerometer to allow for one- or two-person matches. Users can choose from different paddle sizes and various match lengths to increase the challenge. It will sell for $1.99.
Learn more about these apps and others by visiting our iPhone Application Gallery.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Report details Apple Music’s vision for exclusive content
- Walgreens adds digital coupons to Apple Pay
- China orders Apple and others to monitor, report on app users
- South Korea regulators investigating Apple
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 26
- Apple’s UK tax bill under scrutiny
- Apple lays out ‘differential privacy’ plan for data collection
- Report: New iPhone’s space gray to be ‘much darker color’
- Incipio to acquire Skullcandy
- Apple confirms iOS 10 kernel was left open to improve performance
- Philips Hue White Ambience Starter Kit
- Naim Audio Mu-so Qb Speaker
- Phiaton BT 460 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
- Zagg Slim Book for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Element Case Ronin for iPhone 6/6s
- JBL Clip 2 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- Audio-Technica ATH-SR5BT Wireless On-Ear Headphones
- Catalyst Case for iPad mini 4
- Jaybird Freedom Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
- Zagg Flex Arc Wireless Earbuds + Speakers
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app