iPhone, Apple TV shown at Macworld keynote | iLounge News

iPhone, Apple TV shown at Macworld keynote

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Tuesday, January 9, 2007
News Categories: Apple

image

During his keynote presentation at Macworld Expo today, Apple CEO Steve Jobs unveiled the long-rumored iPhone to rapturous applause from the large audience in attendance. Jobs also showed off the retail version of the iTV, now called the Apple TV, and revealed other news such as a company name change and the latest iTunes sales.

Apple unveils revolutionary iPhone
Apple TV announced
iTunes Store sells 2b songs, 50m TV shows, 1.3m movies
Apple drops ‘Computer’ from company name
Apple now fourth-largest music reseller in U.S.
Cisco sues Apple over iPhone name
iPhone reaction: Press, analysts, competitors and bloggers
Apple’s Jobs: ‘You don’t want your phone to be like a PC’
iLounge Macworld Expo flickr photos
iLounge Apple keynote photo gallery
Macworld Expo 2007 keynote video

« Apple stock soars, smartphone makers sink

Apple posts new iPod+iTunes ads »

Comments

The only thing stopping me from buying the iPhone is Cingular. I have been with T-Mobile before it was T-Mobile here in Portland OR. Also I have been using Apple computers since 1984, but this time around I will not by this Apple.

Posted by xenafan on January 12, 2007 at 8:17 PM (PDT)

Where is my 6G iPod, Apple? :’(

Posted by Doc Evils on January 13, 2007 at 7:31 AM (PDT)

Posted by Pawel on January 13, 2007 at 9:33 AM (PDT)

Considering the regular iPods come in 30GB and 80GB, wouldn’t it have been smarter for Apple to include either one of those hard drives in the iPhone? Considering the phone runs OS X, it is basically a mini computer as well, which would definitely warrant more than 8GB for storage.

I’m pretty sure it could’ve been done, but they’re just held back so that 6 months after the initial sales, they can “re-announce” the iPhone with more storage space.

I’m a huge Apple fan, but I feel like they always try to milk as much money as they can out of the customers, rather than just make the best possible devices.

Just my $0.02

Posted by ten_eighteen on January 13, 2007 at 10:53 AM (PDT)

This is a step too far for Apple. I really don’t get this iPhone: a mere 8GB, plus 2MP camera for all that money. My SonyEricsson K800i has 3.2MP and can store up to 4GB.

This phone has no substantial innovations, is aimed at diehard Apple fans and I’m starting to think the success of the iPod has gone to Stevie’s head.

Posted by TVsmith on January 13, 2007 at 6:01 PM (PDT)

I think it was a nice move for apple to come out with the apple iPhone. The iPhone has most features consumers have been wanting to have. I also think the price will not deter people from buying the apple iphone. I even think they will sell more then the 10 million apple iPhones they expect to sell within the year.

Posted by apple on January 14, 2007 at 3:16 AM (PDT)

There are tons of problems with the current iPhone that I think a smart company could exploit, but they will probably fail to, just like the iPod.

1. No 3G.
2. No installable apps like Skype (to protect Cingular’s voice revenue) and iChat/Adium (to protect Cingular’s SMS revenue)...
3. No OTA sync with .mac. To answer the people who discuss the BES infrastructure, Apple has the perfect opportunity that they are wasting to really attack the corporate market.
4. No keyboard. There is no way it is fast to message on or as convenient as a thumb-board. I was really hoping for a slideout keyboard which would have been perfect for messaging.

Sure there isn’t an OS that looks as polished out there now, and there probably won’t be because none of the companies sweat the details like Apple, they just try and get product out as quick as possible.

I will just wait and see if Blackberry comes out with a 3G 8800 variant and probably buy that. Shame too, because I have been holding off on a cell phone purchase for months just because of the Apple phone.

Posted by akatsuki on January 14, 2007 at 10:13 AM (PDT)

Page 4 of 4 pages « First  <  2 3 4