iPhone data poll ends, iPhone 3GS purchasing poll begins
With over 3,800 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Would you give up your iPhone if data charges went up, or you were subjected to bandwidth caps?” has ended. Readers were given three negative responses, three positive choices, and the option to say they don’t own an iPhone.
The majority of iPhone owners surveyed—51%—said they would give up their iPhones if their carrier capped their data usage or raised prices. Another 14% said the would give up their iPhones if the carrier raised data charges, followed by 11% who said they wouldn’t give up their iPhones if their carrier raised prices or capped their data, so long as the charges included tethering, or if the bandwidth limit was around 10GB/month. Another 10% said they wouldn’t give up their iPhones no matter what happened, while 8% said they wouldn’t give it up over high prices, so long as the additional charges included tethering or the bandwidth limit was around 5GB month, and 5% said they would give up their phones if their carrier limited their monthly bandwidth. Finally, 23% of total respondents said they didn’t own an iPhone. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on the iPhone 3GS. We’d like to know if you plan on purchasing one. Do you have an iPhone 3G, or an original iPhone, and plan to upgrade, or will this be your first iPhone or iPod touch? Or are you skipping it because the upgrade pricing from your iPhone 3G is too expensive, or because you’re happy with your original iPhone? Perhaps you aren’t buying the 3GS because you don’t care for your regional carrier, or because the phone simply doesn’t appeal to you? Our new poll, “Will you be purchasing an iPhone 3GS?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the far left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- Report: iPhone 6S to get 12MP camera, 4K video recording?
- Report: New iPhone 6S LTE chip could ‘double’ download speeds
- Cue: New iOS 9 beta coming next week
- iTunes 12.2 release includes support for Apple Music
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- Iovine: Human curation is key for Apple Music
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?