iPhone data poll ends, iPhone 3GS purchasing poll begins
With over 3,800 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Would you give up your iPhone if data charges went up, or you were subjected to bandwidth caps?” has ended. Readers were given three negative responses, three positive choices, and the option to say they don’t own an iPhone.
The majority of iPhone owners surveyed—51%—said they would give up their iPhones if their carrier capped their data usage or raised prices. Another 14% said the would give up their iPhones if the carrier raised data charges, followed by 11% who said they wouldn’t give up their iPhones if their carrier raised prices or capped their data, so long as the charges included tethering, or if the bandwidth limit was around 10GB/month. Another 10% said they wouldn’t give up their iPhones no matter what happened, while 8% said they wouldn’t give it up over high prices, so long as the additional charges included tethering or the bandwidth limit was around 5GB month, and 5% said they would give up their phones if their carrier limited their monthly bandwidth. Finally, 23% of total respondents said they didn’t own an iPhone. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on the iPhone 3GS. We’d like to know if you plan on purchasing one. Do you have an iPhone 3G, or an original iPhone, and plan to upgrade, or will this be your first iPhone or iPod touch? Or are you skipping it because the upgrade pricing from your iPhone 3G is too expensive, or because you’re happy with your original iPhone? Perhaps you aren’t buying the 3GS because you don’t care for your regional carrier, or because the phone simply doesn’t appeal to you? Our new poll, “Will you be purchasing an iPhone 3GS?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the far left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- BMW acknowledges Bluetooth problems with iPhone 7
- Apple announces ‘Game of Thrones: Enhanced Edition’ interactive iBooks
- Apple announces App Store Search Ads
- Apple announces iOS business development partnership with Deloitte
- Apple logs iMessage contact info, could be compelled to offer info to police
- Apple reportedly calls in hackers for meeting on bug bounty program
- Apple creating new London headquarters
- Honeywell debuts Lyric T5 HomeKit-enabled smart thermostat
- Executives talk Apple Music successes and failures
- Apple Q4 earnings call set for October 27
- 808 Audio XS Sport Rugged Wireless Speaker
- Mass Fidelity Core Bluetooth Speaker
- Thought Out Simplex Tablet iPad Stand
- SmartX Galaxy ZEGA Starter Kit
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus Leather Case
- Apple Watch Series 2
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- Twelve South HiRise 2 for iPhone + iPad
- Nomad Pod Pro for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Sevenhugs hugOne Sleep Monitoring System
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps