iPhone data poll ends, iPhone 3GS purchasing poll begins
With over 3,800 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Would you give up your iPhone if data charges went up, or you were subjected to bandwidth caps?” has ended. Readers were given three negative responses, three positive choices, and the option to say they don’t own an iPhone.
The majority of iPhone owners surveyed—51%—said they would give up their iPhones if their carrier capped their data usage or raised prices. Another 14% said the would give up their iPhones if the carrier raised data charges, followed by 11% who said they wouldn’t give up their iPhones if their carrier raised prices or capped their data, so long as the charges included tethering, or if the bandwidth limit was around 10GB/month. Another 10% said they wouldn’t give up their iPhones no matter what happened, while 8% said they wouldn’t give it up over high prices, so long as the additional charges included tethering or the bandwidth limit was around 5GB month, and 5% said they would give up their phones if their carrier limited their monthly bandwidth. Finally, 23% of total respondents said they didn’t own an iPhone. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on the iPhone 3GS. We’d like to know if you plan on purchasing one. Do you have an iPhone 3G, or an original iPhone, and plan to upgrade, or will this be your first iPhone or iPod touch? Or are you skipping it because the upgrade pricing from your iPhone 3G is too expensive, or because you’re happy with your original iPhone? Perhaps you aren’t buying the 3GS because you don’t care for your regional carrier, or because the phone simply doesn’t appeal to you? Our new poll, “Will you be purchasing an iPhone 3GS?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the far left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Papa John’s releases pizza-ordering app for Apple TV
- Apple call Australian banks’ request a ‘detriment to consumers’
- EU determines Apple should pay 13 billion euros in back taxes to Ireland; Apple plans appeal
- SIM tray photos hint at alleged ‘gloss black’ iPhone color
- Trademark filings hint at wireless EarPods, two new Apple Watch models
- Report: EU to rule against Apple-Ireland tax deals, recommend Apple pay 1B+ Euros
- Apple sued over unresponsive iPhone 6/6 Plus touchscreen issues
- Apple announces Sept. 7 event
- Philips introduces Hue Motion Sensor
- Photos hint at improved battery for new Apple Watch
- Belkin PowerHouse Charge Dock for Apple Watch and iPhone
- Western Digital My Cloud (OS 3)
- Distil Union Stanley Stand
- Philips Sonicare FlexCare Platinum Connected Bluetooth Toothbrush
- Audeze EL-8 Titanium Over-Ear Headphones
- Defined Corp Dome Stand for Apple Watch and iPhone
- Speck StyleFolio Pencil for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Audeze Sine On-Ear Headphone
- First Alert Onelink Wi-Fi Smoke + Carbon Monoxide Alarm
- Logitech Create 9.7” iPad Pro Keyboard Case
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app